ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier-1 Dependant extension after Main Applicant gets ILR

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

SN14
Newly Registered

Tier-1 Dependant extension after Main Applicant gets ILR

Post by SN14 » Mon Jan 26, 2015 8:21 pm

Hi,

I was on Tier-1 General when I got married in 2013, hence my wife entered UK as Tier-1 dependent visa valid till May-2015. In 2014 I got my ILR. As per current rules which Visa do I need to apply for my wife taking into consideration that she will be applying for ILR after completing 5 years stay in UK.

1. PBS Tier-1 Dependent
or
2. Further Leave to remain (FLRM)

If I apply for FLRM will the period of her stay in UK on Tier-1 Dependent be considered for ILR calculations.

-Nin

Malik44

Re: Tier-1 Dependant extension after Main Applicant gets ILR

Post by Malik44 » Tue Jan 27, 2015 9:41 am

She will apply further extension as PBS tier 1 dependent until she qualify for ILR after 5 years.

If she applies FLR(M) her continuous residence clock will reset and she have to spend again 5 years to qualify for ILR.

SN14
Newly Registered

Post by SN14 » Tue Jan 27, 2015 3:03 pm

[quote="Malik44"]She will apply further extension as PBS tier 1 dependent until she qualify for ILR after 5 years.

Thanks for your reply. If she applies for further extension as Tier-1 dependant how long that visa will be valid. As per new guidelines from UKV&I, Tier-1 extension is going to be ceased in April 2015. If my wife gets an extension say 2 or 3 years, she will still fall short of 5 years ILR cireteria by18 or 6 months, in that case will she be able to apply for further extension.

Malik44

Post by Malik44 » Tue Jan 27, 2015 3:22 pm

Tier 1 General closing for main applicants not for dependents she can extend until she qualify for ILR

nctk
Newly Registered

Post by nctk » Thu Feb 12, 2015 5:41 pm

I am on similar situation, but having British Passport now, my wife is still on PBS Dependant which expires on 14-03-2015.

Initially, she applied 'Tier 1 General Dependant Visa' on 31-Jul-2012 from India and came to UK on 01-Sep-2012.
She got PBS Depedant on 14-Mar-2013, sametime I had been granted ILR.

My question is - Can I apply for PBS Dependant extension for my wife or do I need to apply FLR(M)?

If I need to swictch to FLR(M), can I still apply ILR for her in Aug'2017?

johnb
Newly Registered

Post by johnb » Tue Feb 17, 2015 9:47 am

Hi,

I have a related question. I have Tier-1 general visa valid until Jan 2017. I am planning to apply for Tier1 dependent visa for my wife from India. As soon as she gets Tier1 dependent visa, I want to apply for my ILR from UK. My question is will her Tier1 dependent visa still be valid after I get my ILR? Can she travel to UK from Tier-1 dependent with out any issues.

Thanks

s4salil

Post by s4salil » Thu Apr 23, 2015 4:02 pm

Malik44 wrote:She will apply further extension as PBS tier 1 dependent until she qualify for ILR after 5 years.

If she applies FLR(M) her continuous residence clock will reset and she have to spend again 5 years to qualify for ILR.
Hello, What happens if she applies for FLR(M) - Gets 2.5 years' leave and then applies Tier 1 G dependant again ?
My wife is in a similar dilema - she has completed 1.5 years and I am getting ILR soon. She can extend as Tier 1 General dependant but it will be only for 3 years and at the end of that , she will be short of 6 months only for ILR so we need another extension. Its going to be expensive (T1g dependent (£1736 + £600-NHS Surcharge) * 2).
Another option I am thinking is extend as FLR(M) and after a year apply again for Tier 1 G dependant. ILR rules say that most recent leave should be as a PBS dependant in 5 year period.

Any takes?

hafa22

Post by hafa22 » Thu Nov 10, 2016 5:47 pm

My husband had applied for ilr. He was on tier 1 general. I had spent 3.5years in uk and recently came to my country for child birth. Me and my child tier 1 visa got expired here in june 2016. I have biometric card for tier 1. As my husband will get ilr can i apply for tier 1 to complete my 1.5 yrs outside uk or do i have to apply for spouse visa. My elder son was born in uk and he was on tier 1 and i have to apply for my other son. Please help me out.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Nov 10, 2016 5:54 pm

hafa22 wrote:My husband had applied for ilr. He was on tier 1 general. I had spent 3.5years in uk and recently came to my country for child birth. Me and my child tier 1 visa got expired here in june 2016. I have biometric card for tier 1. As my husband will get ilr can i apply for tier 1 to complete my 1.5 yrs outside uk or do i have to apply for spouse visa. My elder son was born in uk and he was on tier 1 and i have to apply for my other son. Please help me out.
Please stop tagging onto other members threads, especially ones which are over a year old. You have been given advice already in your own topic, link below, continue there please.

http://www.immigrationboards.com/indefi ... l#p1419704
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.