ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier-1 Dependant extn after Main Applicant gets ILR

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Ekalabya
Newly Registered

Tier-1 Dependant extn after Main Applicant gets ILR

Post by Ekalabya » Mon Jun 06, 2016 6:03 pm

Hi,

While I was on Tier-1 General VISA, I got married. Hence my wife entered UK as Tier-1 dependent visa valid from Dec- 2014 till 12 June-2016. I got my ILR on 01/06/2016.

Which of the following VISA should I apply for my wife - PBS Tier-1 Dependent or Further Leave to remain? I am a bit confused on what to do.

If I apply for FLR-M does my wife needs to clear an English language test and Life in UK Test? If yes, I doubt I have enough time in my hand

One thing I know is if I apply for FLR-M then the one and half years that she has spent here will not be counted (as a part of 5 years) when she applies for ILR. But I don't know why.

So can I go for PBS Tier-1 Dependent VISA for my wife? Which form to use?

Regarding this I called home office 2 times today. First time a lady picked up and confidently said that FLR-M is the only option. I called again - a guy picked up, kept me on hold for some time and told me that I have both the options. If I am applying for PBS Tier-1 Dependent VISA then I should go for online form -https://visas-immigration.service.gov.u ... nt-partner

Now I started filling up the form and found that it is not asking for my information anywhere - even for bank statement for maintenance of fund it didn't ask if it was mine.

Question regarding NHS Surcharge
Here I have to provide my details. Regarding the information for my VISA there is no option for ILR. Should I select Tier-1 General as my VISA status?

Thanks a lot for your help.

Ekalabya.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Tier-1 Dependant extn after Main Applicant gets ILR

Post by CR001 » Mon Jun 06, 2016 6:22 pm

Did you get your ILR based on Tier 1 General with 5 years residence?

If yes to the above, your spouse can continue to extend her current Tier 1 G dependent visa.

Tier 1 General Dependent (click)

Guidance Notes - PBS Dependents (Click)

IHS she needs to apply ALONE. Do not put in your details.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Ekalabya
Newly Registered

Re: Tier-1 Dependant extn after Main Applicant gets ILR

Post by Ekalabya » Tue Jun 07, 2016 1:13 pm

Hi,

Thanks a lot for you prompt reply.

Regarding 'IHS she needs to apply ALONE. Do not put in your details.

The system is asking for my details as a part of her application for the payment of NHS surcharge.

Following are the fields that come up if I dont fill my details:
Missing Details
The person you’re joining or remaining with in the UK
Add their name
Add their nationality
Add their visa route
Add their visa type
Add their date of birth

My confusion is with the following fields:
Add their visa route
Add their visa type

Thanks a lot.