ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier-1 dependent Wife

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

rajivdahiya
Newly Registered
India

Tier-1 dependent Wife

Post by rajivdahiya » Tue Sep 05, 2017 1:27 pm

My Status:- Tier1 general visa(expiring 20th oct 2017)
My Wife: Tier 1 General dependent(expiring 20th oct 2017)
I am applying for ILR , AS my wife has not completed 5 years with me , So which visa should i go for her, Will it be Tier 1 General Dependent or will it be Spouse Visa? Can I apply for her tier1 Dependent on the same time when i apply for my ILR, and which form should i fill for her.

I would really need an advice on this. From the forums i read i understand to apply for Tier 1 General Dependent is better for her.

Many Thanks in advance.
Rajiv

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Tier-1 dependent Wife

Post by CR001 » Tue Sep 05, 2017 1:32 pm

Tier 1 dependent using the tier 1 dependent form.

It will be a three year extension and she must pay the visa fee, premium service fee and the IHS fee online.

She can apply in person on the same day as you apply for ILR. Separate appointments, hers a couple of hours after yours.

If your ILR fails, her extension will also fail.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

neels111
Mood:
India

Post by neels111 » Thu Sep 07, 2017 8:48 am

rajivdahiya wrote:
Tue Sep 05, 2017 1:27 pm
My Status:- Tier1 general visa(expiring 20th oct 2017)
My Wife: Tier 1 General dependent(expiring 20th oct 2017)
I am applying for ILR , AS my wife has not completed 5 years with me , So which visa should i go for her, Will it be Tier 1 General Dependent or will it be Spouse Visa? Can I apply for her tier1 Dependent on the same time when i apply for my ILR, and which form should i fill for her.

I would really need an advice on this. From the forums i read i understand to apply for Tier 1 General Dependent is better for her.

Many Thanks in advance.
Rajiv

Hi Raj,

I am somewhat in similar situation, only difference that i got ILR last year but my wife need another extension to be eligible for ILR and therefore i need to apply for another Tier1 General dependent visa ( extension) .

If possible please can you share details as what document/proof you are supplying while making her application ? ( apart from Visa fees and IHS charges)

I believe only documents needed are maintenance fund requirement (Bank statements) , don't think anything needed in terms of English language or qualification proof as she already got 2 previous extension .Please let me know anything specific i need to supply .

Thanks in Advance
Amit

neels111
Mood:
India

Post by neels111 » Thu Sep 07, 2017 8:53 am

Hi Char,

I''ll be thankful if you can add and provide your guidance on it ? I just need list of documents which i should supply while making postal application for my wife Visa extension ( i along with my kid are already on ILR which was granted last year in Oct 2016) .

Thanks
Amit