ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 General Dependent Application Health Surcharge

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

SUMEETJ

Tier 1 General Dependent Application Health Surcharge

Post by SUMEETJ » Sat Jun 10, 2017 8:18 pm

Hello,

My wife came to UK as a Tier 1 General dependent in Jan 2013. Her Tier 1 Dependent Visa expires in October 2017. She will need to to apply for an extension as a Tier 1 dependent, because she doesn't complete her 5 years till Jan 2018.

In her the last extension in October 2014, there was no rule arround immigration health surcharge.

My question is when should we apply to pay for her immigration health surcharge & how do we pay for it (before the application or at the time of application)

How much will we need to pay for it (she will be due for an ILR application in 3 months time i.e Jan 2018) - from what I have read, we will still need to pay 600 pounds, as it will be a 3 year extension (200*3)?

Appreciate your kind feedback

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Tier 1 General Dependent Application Health Surcharge

Post by CR001 » Sun Jun 11, 2017 5:51 am

Yes it is a 3 year extension and £600 immigration health surcharge. It is paid as part of the application if you book a premium appointment. The link for IHS to pay if you the paperwork to apply by post is below:

https://www.gov.uk/healthcare-immigrati ... w-much-pay

You should pay it when she applies and you need the reference number for application.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

drkooper

Re: Tier 1 General Dependent Application Health Surcharge

Post by drkooper » Fri Jul 07, 2017 11:25 am

CR001 wrote:Yes it is a 3 year extension and £600 immigration health surcharge. It is paid as part of the application if you book a premium appointment. The link for IHS to pay if you the paperwork to apply by post is below:

https://www.gov.uk/healthcare-immigrati ... w-much-pay

You should pay it when she applies and you need the reference number for application.
I am having similar query. I am a British citizen now ( previously on Tier 1 General ). When my wife is applying for IHS it asks for the main applicant visa expiry date but as I am a British citizen I dont have one. The online application form though allows me to skip the date portion and take me to the payment page. My question is can I skip the date page and make the payment directly or am I missing something here? Thank you.