ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 (General) dependent extension & IHS fee

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

vgangoni
Newly Registered
India

Tier 1 (General) dependent extension & IHS fee

Post by vgangoni » Wed Feb 28, 2018 12:32 pm

I'm currently on ILR (since Aug 2017) through 5 year Tier 1 route and now my wife needs an extension for her PBS dependnet, which is due to expiry in a weeks time. (my wife came to UK on March 2014, so she is short for her 5 years stay to get an ILR)

So while we are applying online for her Tier 1 (General) dependent extension, the site is asking me to pay an:
- IHS fee of £1400 based on my ILR visa expiry date of 31 Dec 2024 (7 years)
- IHS fee of £100 based on my old Tire1General visa expiry date of 7 Mar 2018 ( less than 1 year)

I believe if the current PBS dependnet extenstion is successful a leave to remain will be granted for an 2 years or 3 years period, and we should be paying IHS of either £400 or £600. But the online application is showing wrong fee. Please help:
- How should be pay the IHS fee?
- What should be the fee we need to pay here?
- Any alternative payment options / link?

Also please suggest should we apply for extension by filling the manual form instead of applying online?

Thanks,
Vijay

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Tier 1 (General) dependent extension & IHS fee

Post by CR001 » Wed Feb 28, 2018 4:03 pm

So while we are applying online for her Tier 1 (General) dependent extension, the site is asking me to pay an:
- IHS fee of £1400 based on my ILR visa expiry date of 31 Dec 2024 (7 years)
- IHS fee of £100 based on my old Tire1General visa expiry date of 7 Mar 2018 ( less than 1 year)
You cannot choose Tier 1 G for you as you no longer hold that visa category. She must apply alone and pay only £600.
I believe if the current PBS dependnet extenstion is successful a leave to remain will be granted for an 2 years or 3 years period, and we should be paying IHS of either £400 or £600. But the online application is showing wrong fee. Please help:
It is a 3 year extension so it is £600.
- How should be pay the IHS fee?
- What should be the fee we need to pay here?
- Any alternative payment options / link?
£600. See links below.

uk-tier-1-general-visas/pbs-dependant-e ... l#p1518541

https://www.gov.uk/healthcare-immigrati ... w-much-pay
Also please suggest should we apply for extension by filling the manual form instead of applying online?
Paper form is likely easier.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.