ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 general holder Child born in the UK

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

hush
Newly Registered

Tier 1 general holder Child born in the UK

Post by hush » Thu May 19, 2016 10:00 am

Greetings, everyone!

I hope that my query is not unique and someone has already gone through similar situation.

My child was born in London last September. She does not have any documents except for a birth certificate issued by the Registration Office.

Later this year we are planning to visit our home country. As I was reading through the gov.uk website I found out that if I want to apply for a dependant's visa, in addition to increased application fees there is now immigration health surcharge, which the system calculated to be £600, although we have less than 2 years left on our current visas.

In the beginning of 2017 I am going to apply for an ILR. So the question is: when we go to our country (say in November), can I apply for a visitor's visa for my child based on my Tier 1 visa? So she will come back in January, stay in the UK for 4 months and in April go back to our country. Assuming that I will obtain an ILR in March, will my child be able to apply for an ILR dependant from outside the UK?

I hope it is clear and look forward to receiving your comments.

Thank you.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Tier 1 general holder Child born in the UK

Post by CR001 » Thu May 19, 2016 10:26 am

can I apply for a visitor's visa for my child based on my Tier 1 visa?
No. The child is not and will not be a visitor.

The immigration health surcharge will only be calculated based on the length of visa the child that is granted and the Tier 1 G visa will only be granted in line with yours and will expire at the same time as yours in 2017.

As your child is UK born, the child is entitled to register as British once you have ILR. Is this your plan at some point or not?
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.