ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier1-DependentExtension-India

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

ramgouda
Newly Registered

Tier1-DependentExtension-India

Post by ramgouda » Mon Jun 05, 2017 10:07 pm

I am on ILR (via Tier 1 General continuous 5 years stay) and planning to apply for naturalization next week.

My wife got her first tier 1 general dependent visa on 20th June 2013 (applied from India) which was valid till Nov 2014. She first came to UK on PBS Tier 1 dependent visa on 5th July 2013. She only stayed in UK for 80 days and returned to India on 22nd Sep 2013.

She again got her tier 1 dependent visa in June 2016 (again applied from India) which is now valid until Nov 2017. She traveled to UK on 10th July 2016 and has been living with me since. She is planning to visit India in August and planning to apply for her extension of PBS tier 1 dependent visa in October(from India).

• Is she eligible to apply for extension of her tier 1 dependent visa?
• If so can she apply from India or she need to apply from UK?
• Does she need to wait until my nationalization application is processed or can she apply in India for her tier 1 dependent extension while my nationalization application is still in process?

Thanks
| Ram |

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Tier1-DependentExtension-India

Post by CR001 » Tue Jun 06, 2017 7:15 am

She cannot apply for an extension in India. An extension is applied for within the UK and applications outside the UK is a new entry clearance.

Ad you hold ILR, she can no longer apply for Tier 1 G dependent outside the UK. She will only be able to apply for a spouse settlement visa which will be a new 5 year route to ILR.

She must extend her current visa within the UK if she does not want to lose the PBS two time already spent in the UK.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

ramgouda
Newly Registered

Post by ramgouda » Tue Jun 06, 2017 9:06 am

Thanks CR001 for your prompt and clear response.

I will apply for her PBS dependent visa here in UK.

One other question please.

She need to travel to India in August for a family wedding and will be returning in October 1st week. Would she face any issues at the Port of entry as her current visa is expiring on 14th Nov 2017. I will apply for extension in UK once she arrives in UK on 12th October?

Cheers
| Ram |

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Jun 06, 2017 9:32 am

No, should be no issue as long as her visa is valid.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

ramgouda
Newly Registered

Post by ramgouda » Tue Jun 06, 2017 11:34 am

Thank You. :)

ramgouda
Newly Registered

Post by ramgouda » Tue Jun 06, 2017 7:14 pm

CR001 wrote:No, should be no issue as long as her visa is valid.
Sorry, one last follow-up question please.

I am planning to apply for my naturalization and booked an appointment at NCS next week. If my application is still in process by October time, can we still apply for my wife's tier-1 dependent visa extension in October.

I want to make sure that its not a problem to have both our applications with HO in case my citizenship application is still in process while we apply for my wife's dependent visa extension as her visa is expiring on 14th Nov.

Thanks again.
| Ram |

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Jun 06, 2017 7:24 pm

Yes you can.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

ramgouda
Newly Registered

Post by ramgouda » Tue Jun 06, 2017 9:08 pm

Thanks again for your response. Much appreciated.