ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier1 G - Tax - issues

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Mozilla
Newly Registered

Tier1 G - Tax - issues

Post by Mozilla » Mon Jun 06, 2016 2:45 pm

Hi Guys,

I am applying my ILR on Friday by going on day service.

I have been granted successfully Tier1G twice. Income points were based on Permanent job, International income and Self employment.

Only thing which concerns me is self-employment. I was paying tax on my self-employment continuously 4 years. So even when Tier1 visa extension was not required my self-employment was doing well.
Recently I have requested sa302 and found out that i paid £350 less tax in one of the years and unfortunately that year is one of the extension years. Still my income points for that year is more what I required by totaling Job + Self employment + International income. The only reason paid less Tax was had dispute with one of the customer and had to give money back to him. My accountant advised at that time not to pay tax on that invoice. All other years paid full tax.

Do you think this will cause any issue? Is there any thing I can do to satisfy HO? For example letter from my accountant SA302 shows good record apart from one year where for HO and HMRC not exactly match.
Please kindly advice.
Thanks,

Abc499

Re: Tier1 G - Tax - issues

Post by Abc499 » Mon Jun 06, 2016 4:44 pm

Usually HO and HMRC self-employment profit not necessarily have to match in exact figures, in most of the genuine cases i think it will not match and it is very less likely that everyone HO claiming period is HMRC tax year. So it is very much common that this figures might not match and also not required to match in exact figures. What HO concern is that you have declared the incomes to HMRC on that tax year for which you claimed points in your application.

However, It seems £350 less profit in HMRC submission (which you have valid reason) should not be any issue for your case if you are still meeting you earnings threshold. Good luck with your application.

Mozilla
Newly Registered

Re: Tier1 G - Tax - issues

Post by Mozilla » Mon Jun 06, 2016 5:19 pm

Thank you very much for your response. Just to correct my self that profit was less 1750£ on which tax should be 350£. Is that still ok. Also should I provide any letter from the accountant to provide explaination or should I just explain my self if asked by HO on Friday if they ask?

Has any one in the group faced same situation?

Thanks