Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to!

Login Register Do not show

Switching to PBS dependent route

Only for UK Tier 1 (Investor) points system

Moderators: Casa, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, Zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, push

Posts: 24754
Joined: Fri Mar 17, 2006 3:30 pm
Location: does it matter?

Switching to PBS dependent route

Post by geriatrix » Tue Aug 20, 2013 10:08 am

Switching means making an in-country application to change immigration categories.

Switching to PBS dependant
Unless one is currently in the UK with leave as specified in 319C(h), one cannot apply to switch to PBS dependant leave. In such case, one must apply for entry clearance from outside the UK.

In simple words - if you are not in the UK as a PBS dependant then you cannot switch and need to apply for entry clearance from outside the UK.

An extension application is a leave to remain application to "extend" stay in the UK under the same immigration category.
One cannot apply for leave to remain (extension) from outside the UK. One can only apply for leave to enter (entry clearance) from outside the UK.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

Posts: 30604
Joined: Tue Sep 25, 2007 7:58 pm

Post by vinny » Sun Sep 08, 2013 11:20 am

Changes on 1 Oct 2013.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.