ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com


Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

April 2018 Restricted COS

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, Zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, push

Locked
ellemaw
Newly Registered
Posts: 7
Joined: Mon Mar 19, 2018 7:26 am
Australia

Re: April 2018 Restricted COS

Post by ellemaw » Tue Apr 17, 2018 12:41 pm

[quote=engineer201832 post_id=1623175 time=1523968478 user_id=188517]
50k is real confusing. By the book, HO has to either accept all 50k group or none. They cannot pick and chose some

The only way some 50k's are getting approval and some aren't is if those that are getting approved are being granted their RCOS exceptionally outside of the monthly quota
[/quote

I vaguely remember reading that you could request rcos out of the cycle but I’m not sure if that is what’s occurring here. I recall that only being allowed in certain circumstances that I’m sure I don’t meet. Unfortunately I can’t get any more info out of my lawyers on whether it was exceptional or not.

Amrita30j
Newbie
Posts: 41
Joined: Wed Mar 28, 2018 2:01 pm
India

Re: April 2018 Restricted COS

Post by Amrita30j » Tue Apr 17, 2018 12:42 pm

Does that mean we have less allocations in May?

sptula
Member of Standing
Posts: 302
Joined: Mon Nov 13, 2017 11:28 am
India

Re: April 2018 Restricted COS

Post by sptula » Tue Apr 17, 2018 12:51 pm

Amrita30j wrote:
Tue Apr 17, 2018 12:42 pm
Does that mean we have less allocations in May?
NO...outside monthly allocation still come from current month allocation....

buntyninja
Newly Registered
Posts: 26
Joined: Mon Apr 16, 2018 10:21 am
India

Re: April 2018 Restricted COS

Post by buntyninja » Tue Apr 17, 2018 12:54 pm

ellemaw wrote:
Tue Apr 17, 2018 12:30 pm
firefreezer wrote:
Tue Apr 17, 2018 12:27 pm
@ellemaw was this the first time you applied? if not then since when?
This was the second. I was 45 points last month but I had my salary increased so I’m now 50 points this month
When you increased salary buddy, did you need to do the RLMT again or just increased the salary in the application?

av_123
Newbie
Posts: 38
Joined: Tue Mar 20, 2018 1:06 pm
Laos

Re: April 2018 Restricted COS

Post by av_123 » Tue Apr 17, 2018 12:56 pm

ellemaw wrote:
Tue Apr 17, 2018 12:41 pm
engineer201832 wrote:
Tue Apr 17, 2018 12:34 pm
50k is real confusing. By the book, HO has to either accept all 50k group or none. They cannot pick and chose some

The only way some 50k's are getting approval and some aren't is if those that are getting approved are being granted their RCOS exceptionally outside of the monthly quota
[/quote


I vaguely remember reading that you could request rcos out of the cycle but I’m not sure if that is what’s occurring here. I recall that only being allowed in certain circumstances that I’m sure I don’t meet. Unfortunately I can’t get any more info out of my lawyers on whether it was exceptional or not.
Could you tell us your profession too

JalajArora
Newly Registered
Posts: 17
Joined: Mon Mar 19, 2018 10:47 am
India

Re: April 2018 Restricted COS

Post by JalajArora » Tue Apr 17, 2018 12:57 pm

ellemaw wrote:
Tue Apr 17, 2018 12:24 pm
travellingbuglife wrote:
Tue Apr 17, 2018 12:21 pm
Am0na wrote:
Tue Apr 17, 2018 12:12 pm
Just got approved with 50 points, but I did not meet the points requirement, this is why some are getting in at 50 and others aren't.
what was your salary?

Looks like rCoS are being handed out by highest to lowest salaries until all certs are exhausted.
I’m not sure this is the case. I’m at the very bottom of the 50 point band with 50k salary and mine was approved. Is there any other way the applications could be ranked, e.g. big sponsors?
Based on the above comment from Ellemaw we are much sure that 50K's are getting approved. so good news :D

tej_san
Junior Member
Posts: 86
Joined: Fri Dec 22, 2017 7:06 pm
Mood:
India

Re: April 2018 Restricted COS

Post by tej_san » Tue Apr 17, 2018 12:59 pm

sptula wrote:
Tue Apr 17, 2018 12:51 pm
Amrita30j wrote:
Tue Apr 17, 2018 12:42 pm
Does that mean we have less allocations in May?
NO...outside monthly allocation still come from current month allocation....
Nope, it is taken from next month's quota, which gets reduced by the number of applications granted outside exceptionally outside monthly allocation.

Another possibility can be:
To accommodate 50 points band, 100 certificated have been borrowed from next month. But, there may be a few more applicants say 5-7 still left over, and it may be possible that HO would have granted CoS to such 5-7 applicants exceptionally to clear the 50 point band!

ellemaw
Newly Registered
Posts: 7
Joined: Mon Mar 19, 2018 7:26 am
Australia

Re: April 2018 Restricted COS

Post by ellemaw » Tue Apr 17, 2018 1:03 pm

buntyninja wrote:
Tue Apr 17, 2018 12:54 pm
ellemaw wrote:
Tue Apr 17, 2018 12:30 pm
firefreezer wrote:
Tue Apr 17, 2018 12:27 pm
@ellemaw was this the first time you applied? if not then since when?
This was the second. I was 45 points last month but I had my salary increased so I’m now 50 points this month
When you increased salary buddy, did you need to do the RLMT again or just increased the salary in the application?
No they didn’t do the RLMT again, the salary range advertised was 45-50k. First application was at 48k then upped to 50k for this month.

I’m not sure what SOC code was used but the closest would probably be business analyst

Madha
Newly Registered
Posts: 5
Joined: Tue Apr 17, 2018 9:32 am
India

Re: April 2018 Restricted COS

Post by Madha » Tue Apr 17, 2018 1:05 pm

My Application status jut changed from Under review to Pending.

Anyone have any idea ..what is this ?
any chance to get Rcos?
I am on 44 points.

Am0na
Newly Registered
Posts: 13
Joined: Thu Feb 15, 2018 9:59 am
Mood:
Canada

Re: April 2018 Restricted COS

Post by Am0na » Tue Apr 17, 2018 1:06 pm

tej_san wrote:
Tue Apr 17, 2018 12:40 pm
Am0na wrote:
Tue Apr 17, 2018 12:12 pm
Just got approved with 50 points, but I did not meet the points requirement, this is why some are getting in at 50 and others aren't.

"Your application has been granted exceptionally outside of the monthly allocation process. "
Can you please check and share if your employer had sent a request to Home Office to consider your application outside of the monthly allocation process and if so, based on which grounds?
No, we did not request anything but we have been trying since December so maybe that's why. We were really surprised to get this response.

shamimak13
Newly Registered
Posts: 1
Joined: Tue Apr 17, 2018 6:41 am
India

Re: April 2018 Restricted COS

Post by shamimak13 » Tue Apr 17, 2018 1:08 pm

Got my restricted COS at 50k salary couple of hours back . This forum was really helpful and informative.
All the best everyone!

civeng2017
Newbie
Posts: 47
Joined: Tue Apr 10, 2018 8:06 am

Re: April 2018 Restricted COS

Post by civeng2017 » Tue Apr 17, 2018 1:09 pm

Officially refused at 39 points. Waiting since December.

I was in and out today so didn’t properly read everything. 50’s look good. Let’s hope for the 45’s still if it’s possible.

JalajArora
Newly Registered
Posts: 17
Joined: Mon Mar 19, 2018 10:47 am
India

Re: April 2018 Restricted COS

Post by JalajArora » Tue Apr 17, 2018 1:10 pm

Am0na wrote:
Tue Apr 17, 2018 1:06 pm
tej_san wrote:
Tue Apr 17, 2018 12:40 pm
Am0na wrote:
Tue Apr 17, 2018 12:12 pm
Just got approved with 50 points, but I did not meet the points requirement, this is why some are getting in at 50 and others aren't.

"Your application has been granted exceptionally outside of the monthly allocation process. "
Can you please check and share if your employer had sent a request to Home Office to consider your application outside of the monthly allocation process and if so, based on which grounds?
No, we did not request anything but we have been trying since December so maybe that's why. We were really surprised to get this response.
That's not the case dear. It all depends upon the cut off points for the current month. If yours got approved with 50K that means all valid applications within the 50 point band will be approved very soon.

firefreezer
Newly Registered
Posts: 13
Joined: Tue Apr 17, 2018 9:22 am
India

Re: April 2018 Restricted COS

Post by firefreezer » Tue Apr 17, 2018 1:12 pm

shamimak13 wrote:
Tue Apr 17, 2018 1:08 pm
Got my restricted COS at 50k salary couple of hours back . This forum was really helpful and informative.
All the best everyone!
Was this under exceptional circumstances or normal? First time applicant?

buntyninja
Newly Registered
Posts: 26
Joined: Mon Apr 16, 2018 10:21 am
India

Re: April 2018 Restricted COS

Post by buntyninja » Tue Apr 17, 2018 1:12 pm

ellemaw wrote:
Tue Apr 17, 2018 1:03 pm
buntyninja wrote:
Tue Apr 17, 2018 12:54 pm
ellemaw wrote:
Tue Apr 17, 2018 12:30 pm
firefreezer wrote:
Tue Apr 17, 2018 12:27 pm
@ellemaw was this the first time you applied? if not then since when?
This was the second. I was 45 points last month but I had my salary increased so I’m now 50 points this month
When you increased salary buddy, did you need to do the RLMT again or just increased the salary in the application?
No they didn’t do the RLMT again, the salary range advertised was 45-50k. First application was at 48k then upped to 50k for this month.

I’m not sure what SOC code was used but the closest would probably be business analyst
Mine is Business Analyst too, and have applied at 50K

So if your have been approved, chances are mine will be too finger crossed.

However my RLMT was done for 45-50K, so it seems without RLMT again i cant increase it to 60k.

As my employer would agree to increase but RLMT would cause delay.

Sweet123A
Newly Registered
Posts: 6
Joined: Tue Apr 17, 2018 9:38 am
Pakistan

Re: April 2018 Restricted COS

Post by Sweet123A » Tue Apr 17, 2018 1:28 pm

Can people who's 50s were refused please explain reason if they know?
I'm still confused as to whether 50k is getting exceptionally approved or if that bracket is fully approved.
50k and waiting

Nonshortagewaiting
Newly Registered
Posts: 1
Joined: Tue Apr 17, 2018 1:34 pm
Australia

Re: April 2018 Restricted COS

Post by Nonshortagewaiting » Tue Apr 17, 2018 1:44 pm

55 Non-shortage just approved. 2nd time applying.

First time poster long time reader - I wish everyone the best of luck 8)

Roopeshneo
Newly Registered
Posts: 2
Joined: Mon Apr 16, 2018 9:57 am
India

Re: April 2018 Restricted COS

Post by Roopeshneo » Tue Apr 17, 2018 1:45 pm

I'm 50s and I got an approval email.

firefreezer
Newly Registered
Posts: 13
Joined: Tue Apr 17, 2018 9:22 am
India

Re: April 2018 Restricted COS

Post by firefreezer » Tue Apr 17, 2018 1:50 pm

Roopeshneo wrote:
Tue Apr 17, 2018 1:45 pm
I'm 50s and I got an approval email.
Did it say exceptional or normal? first time applicant?

weworkuk
Junior Member
Posts: 61
Joined: Mon Feb 12, 2018 11:00 am
United States of America

Re: April 2018 Restricted COS

Post by weworkuk » Tue Apr 17, 2018 1:54 pm

Anyone with 45points or 45-50points got refused ?

Roopeshneo
Newly Registered
Posts: 2
Joined: Mon Apr 16, 2018 9:57 am
India

Re: April 2018 Restricted COS

Post by Roopeshneo » Tue Apr 17, 2018 2:01 pm

firefreezer wrote:
Tue Apr 17, 2018 1:50 pm
Roopeshneo wrote:
Tue Apr 17, 2018 1:45 pm
I'm 50s and I got an approval email.
Did it say exceptional or normal? first time applicant?
My solicitor informed me he has received an approval from HO. I'm assuming its normal.
Refused in March; reapplied in April.

estreya
Newly Registered
Posts: 3
Joined: Tue Apr 17, 2018 2:10 pm
India

Re: April 2018 Restricted COS

Post by estreya » Tue Apr 17, 2018 2:11 pm

weworkuk wrote:
Tue Apr 17, 2018 1:54 pm
Anyone with 45points or 45-50points got refused ?
There has been a post in page 20 saying 45 non shortage is refused

astana
Junior Member
Posts: 55
Joined: Thu Apr 12, 2018 3:30 am
Australia

Re: April 2018 Restricted COS

Post by astana » Tue Apr 17, 2018 2:12 pm

Can people stop talking about exceptional circumstances for 50K?

I asked my lawyer and looked at the guidance and exceptional circumstances are VERY EXCEPTIONAL - things like technical failure or a surgeon scheduled to operate before the next allocation

It is unlikely that so many people reporting 50k acceptances all applied for that. Plus, exceptional circumstances is applied for outside the monthly allocations so not right now

Please... step away from the worry. I have a headache from it myself and everyone is going to give themselves a cold as well from this

thisB
Member
Posts: 144
Joined: Tue Jan 16, 2018 4:47 pm
Canada

Re: April 2018 Restricted COS

Post by thisB » Tue Apr 17, 2018 2:15 pm

astana wrote:
Tue Apr 17, 2018 2:12 pm
Can people stop talking about exceptional circumstances for 50K?

I asked my lawyer and looked at the guidance and exceptional circumstances are VERY EXCEPTIONAL - things like technical failure or a surgeon scheduled to operate before the next allocation

It is unlikely that so many people reporting 50k acceptances all applied for that. Plus, exceptional circumstances is applied for outside the monthly allocations so not right now

Please... step away from the worry. I have a headache from it myself and everyone is going to give themselves a cold as well from this
Can we please stop trying to dictate what people say on this forum? You've done nothing but complain about everyone else this month when actually your negativity is what's bringing me down. If you don't like this forum, please go find another one!

c_f
Newly Registered
Posts: 7
Joined: Mon Apr 09, 2018 10:59 am
Czech Republic

Re: April 2018 Restricted COS

Post by c_f » Tue Apr 17, 2018 2:16 pm

weworkuk wrote:
Tue Apr 17, 2018 1:54 pm
Anyone with 45points or 45-50points got refused ?
I would wait a bit more for 45s results to come, if 50s got approved there might be still chances

Locked
cron