ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

BRP delivery times

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

viv338
Newly Registered
Canada

BRP delivery and travel

Post by viv338 » Thu Sep 13, 2018 6:47 pm

Hi all,

I submitted my tier 2 general visa on Aug 1st in the UK but haven't heard back at all. As I'm usually at work during delivery hours, I'm worried I may have missed any potential deliveries. What courier is used to send out the BRP and will they leave a calling card if they attempted delivery and nobody was at home?

Also I need to travel back home for urgent family matters on September 27th. What will happen if my BRP still doesn't arrive by then? Will I be able to re-enter the uk without my BRP or will my visa application become invalid. I'm Canadian so normally there shouldn't be an issue entering the UK for travel etc.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!! Thank you!

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: BRP delivery and travel

Post by CR001 » Thu Sep 13, 2018 6:53 pm

What courier is used to send out the BRP and will they leave a calling card if they attempted delivery and nobody was at home?
DX Courier. They usually leave a calling card yes.
Also I need to travel back home for urgent family matters on September 27th. What will happen if my BRP still doesn't arrive by then? Will I be able to re-enter the uk without my BRP or will my visa application become invalid. I'm Canadian so normally there shouldn't be an issue entering the UK for travel etc.

If your visa has not been approved by then, you should not travel out of the UK. You still need a visa to reenter the UK, a visitor visa is issued on arrival and if this is done, your previous tier 2 visa is superceded and cancelled as you cannot hold two visas at the same time.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

viv338
Newly Registered
Canada

Post by viv338 » Thu Sep 13, 2018 6:59 pm

What if I use my Hong Kong passport to reenter - would that still be ill advised? Thanks!

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Sep 13, 2018 7:01 pm

I would strongly suggest you wait for your visa.

If you knew you had plans, perhaps you should have applied in person or using the 10 day priority service.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

viv338
Newly Registered
Canada

BRP delivery times

Post by viv338 » Mon Sep 24, 2018 5:10 pm

Hi guys,

Just wondering what the average time was for people between getting their approval letter and receiving their BRP from the courier? I know it says it takes around 7 working days on the letter and should wait up until 10 working days to contact Home Office but was just wondering if it actually took that long for most people.

Thanks!

vaibhavg18mau

Re: BRP delivery times

Post by vaibhavg18mau » Tue Sep 25, 2018 11:11 am

Usually the BRP is received within 7 days (I got it in 3 days). Check the approval letter to see when you can contact HO when BRP is not received.