ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Can Tier 2 dependent work while extension application is processing

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

CristinaMarsh
inactive
Australia

Can Tier 2 dependent work while extension application is processing

Post by CristinaMarsh » Fri Sep 21, 2018 7:27 pm

Hiii Gurus,

I am Tier 2 General main applicant and my husband is Tier 2 General dependent. Both our visa is valid until 2-November-2018.
If I switch sponsorer (after RLMT, CoS) and apply my Tier2General visa before 30th oct & my husband’s Tier2General dependent application is made along with me before 30 oct2018, can my husband continue to work until the Visa application result is made and we get brp (that can be after current visa expiry of 2-November-2018)?

Best regards
Cristina

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Can Tier 2 dependent work while extension application is processing

Post by CR001 » Fri Sep 21, 2018 8:21 pm

can my husband continue to work until the Visa application result is made and we get brp (that can be after current visa expiry of 2-November-2018)?
Yes, like you, he is also protected by Section 3C under the immigration rules if an application is submitted before the current visa expires. So he can, like you, continue in his employment.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

CristinaMarsh
inactive
Australia

Post by CristinaMarsh » Fri Sep 21, 2018 9:07 pm

CR001 wrote:
Fri Sep 21, 2018 8:21 pm
can my husband continue to work until the Visa application result is made and we get brp (that can be after current visa expiry of 2-November-2018)?
Yes, like you, he is also protected by Section 3C under the immigration rules if an application is submitted before the current visa expires. So he can, like you, continue in his employment.

Thanks for the prompt reply. Can you please confirm:
1) does it affect ILR in future?
2) is this policy document correct?
https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... d-3d-leave
3) what is the email address to ask these questions to UK visa/immigration/home office?

Thanks a lot

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Sep 22, 2018 10:39 am

1. No, provided you apply before the current visa expires.

2. Yes.

3. There isn't one. HO don't give advice on specific things. You have found the policy document, what more do you need to ask??
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.