ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Dependent Visa and IHS

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

yoyogroup
India

Dependent Visa and IHS

Post by yoyogroup » Thu Jul 02, 2020 2:40 pm

Hi experts,

While the main applicant's application(Tier 2 General) is pending with home office, can we apply for the dependent Visa?

In the previous Visa application, we have paid the IHS fee for 2.5 years since the Visa duration was for 2 years and 1 month. Now, with 2 years completed, we are applying for next Visa for 3 years. We have to pay the IHS for 3 years. This leaves overlap of 6 months IHS fee. Can we claim the refund for this?

Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Dependent Visa and IHS

Post by CR001 » Thu Jul 02, 2020 3:01 pm

can we apply for the dependent Visa?
Yes.
In the previous Visa application, we have paid the IHS fee for 2.5 years since the Visa duration was for 2 years and 1 month. Now, with 2 years completed, we are applying for next Visa for 3 years. We have to pay the IHS for 3 years. This leaves overlap of 6 months IHS fee. Can we claim the refund for this?
You have to pay IHS again for 3 years. Unlikely that you will get a refund.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

yoyogroup
India

Post by yoyogroup » Fri Jul 03, 2020 6:41 am

Thanks a lot

yoyogroup
India

Post by yoyogroup » Tue Jul 07, 2020 10:52 pm

Hi,

My spouse is currently in Tier 4 student visa. Can she switch to tier 2 general within UK?

I am on Tier 4 dependent Visa valid until Oct 2020. If my spouse can switch to Tier 2 general, should I have to switch along with the main applicant or can I switch once after my spouse visa arrives?

Thanks in Advance

yoyogroup
India

Post by yoyogroup » Wed Jul 08, 2020 6:41 pm

Sorry to chase up...

I would like to know if dependents has to switch along with main applicant or they can switch later?

Thanks