ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Received an urgent letter from HO that I need to submit my biometrics when I already did on Sunday 23 June at Croydon

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

chipo
Newly Registered
Zimbabwe

Received an urgent letter from HO that I need to submit my biometrics when I already did on Sunday 23 June at Croydon

Post by chipo » Fri Jul 19, 2019 7:12 pm

I was shocked to receive an email from HO today 20 days after submitting my picture and finger prints to their visa Centre in Croydon. My mind is going crazy. What do I do please help. I am stressed. Me my family did the free appointment on Sunday 23 June 2019

This is the email.....

Following your recent application for Tier 2 General you should have attended an appointment at a UK Visas and Citizenship Application Service point to enrol your biometrics (scanned fingerprints and photograph).

As part of your online application you were informed that you would receive this reminder letter if you had not attended an appointment and enrolled your biometrics within 15 working days. Our records show that you have failed to comply with this instruction, without providing us with a reasonable explanation.

If you have already booked or attended an appointment to enrol your biometrics before seeing this email, then please ignore this reminder.

salman2019
Newly Registered

Re: Received an urgent letter from HO that I need to submit my biometrics when I already did on Sunday 23 June at Croydo

Post by salman2019 » Fri Jul 19, 2019 7:24 pm

I received exactly same email today !
I submitted my biometrics at Leeds on 19 June.
I paid £120 for this appointment and the person taking my biometrics asked me at the end that do I want my application to be submitted right now or later in the day, I said now and than she confirmed that all the data has been transmitted to Home Office and today I receive this email saying that I haven’t even attended the appointment.
The whole system is in shambles, they are just minting money from us using new method.
Will call UKVI on Monday and ask them what is going on and what do they want me to do.
Would appreciate if anyone who went through same ordeal before and managed to sort things out share his/her experience on how they did it.

chipo
Newly Registered
Zimbabwe

Re: Received an urgent letter from HO that I need to submit my biometrics when I already did on Sunday 23 June at Croydo

Post by chipo » Fri Jul 19, 2019 7:52 pm

salman19 do you have ukvi contact phone number. I will have to phone them as well to find out what exactly happened.

Do I need to book for another appointment and submit another set of biometrics and picture as well..... I am not really sure, I am confused and baffled at the same time, We drove 3 hours to Croydon because all the centers were full and it was the only available centre.

This is disheartening 😭

salman2019
Newly Registered

Post by salman2019 » Fri Jul 19, 2019 8:05 pm

Hi Chipo,
UKVI Tel 03001232241
I just checked my sopra sitera account and its only showing my 19 June appointment and when i login to my gov uk account where i filled my online visa application its showing a Mandatory Requirement: Book appointment for Biometrics submission ! ( Is your account showing this too ?)
I’m totally clueless as to what is happening and regretting why I didn’t apply for super urgent 1 day route in order to save myself from this misery.
Will call them on Monday and also go to Leeds office where I submitted the biometrics to ask them if they have uploaded my documents for which I paid them or are they still “working” on them :@

chipo
Newly Registered
Zimbabwe

Post by chipo » Fri Jul 19, 2019 8:16 pm

Hie salman19

Its exactly how my account is showing.
My UKVI account is showing mandatory requirements that I should book for an appointment with Sopra Steria. When I log in my Sopra Stera account its showing my Craydon appointment on the 23th of June.

I will try to call the Croydon Centre tomorrow and see what is happening. I can't drive another 3 hours to and from just to ask😭

Please let me know what your Leeds Centre says tommorrow. Maybe we might need to resubmit new biometrics and pictures since the email says they didn't receive them.

I feel so miserable, I can't even eat dinner now😢😏

tdas
Newly Registered

Post by tdas » Mon Jul 22, 2019 10:48 am

Hi,

I have attended the Biometric for Tier2 ICT long term on Friday 21st June 2019 at Croydon centre. Unfortunately on 19th July 2019 evening I received an automated Email which states” Following your recent application for Tier 2 ICT Long Term you should have attended an appointment at a UK Visas and Citizenship Application Service point to enroll your biometrics (scanned fingerprints and photograph).As part of your online application you were informed that you would receive this reminder letter if you had not attended an appointment and enrolled your biometrics within 15 working days. Our records show that you have failed to comply with this instruction, without providing us with a reasonable explanation.”

I used the Standard Service for my application. When i called to the UK Visas & Immigration Contact Centre on 0300 123 2241 and explained they advised me to reply to the same email address (home.office.atlas@notifications.service.gov.uk) providing the Visa centre and time slot detail.
Would appreciate if you can share what can be done to resolve this.

Many thanks.

chipo
Newly Registered
Zimbabwe

Post by chipo » Mon Jul 22, 2019 11:30 am

Hie all,

I called Croydon Centre and they confirmed that they submitted our biometrics as a family on the same day we went for the appointment(23 June 2019) and they said are not sure why UKVI would say they did not receive them. They even said if they wanted them redone it would have been showing on the system, but it's not.

I later called UKVI and they said the same thing that they have been receiving a lot of calls about this and the system might have had a technical problem, so they asked me to respond back to the email and explain When and which centre we did our biometrics.

I have already done that on Friday now we just have to wait and see how it goes. Nothing much that we can do except being positive and wait for the outcome.

Please let's keep each other informed on the proceedings as we go.

Thank you.

danawindsor
Newly Registered

Post by danawindsor » Thu Jul 25, 2019 6:36 pm

hello, guys! :)

Did you manage to sort out your issues with HO?

Appreciate that this is slightly off-topic, but seeing as you've submitted your applications recently, could you please enlighten me on the next steps after you pay the naturalisation fee online? I am trying to get an answer on the below, but I'm getting mixed info, especially seeing as there been a change in the document checking service:

- Within how many days after submitting your application do you have to send the supporting documents?
- What's the availability on UKVCA service centres like (any one of you did it around London area?)? Was anyone able to book evening/weekend slots? The reason I'm asking is because I'm starting a new job on the 5th Aug and feeling quite uncomfortable taking half day off in my first week, so would ideally like to get an appointment next week if I submit my application tomorrow!

Any advice/insight is much appreciated. Thanks for your time!

Dana

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Jul 25, 2019 6:41 pm

danawindsor wrote:
Thu Jul 25, 2019 6:36 pm
hello, guys! :)

Did you manage to sort out your issues with HO?

Appreciate that this is slightly off-topic, but seeing as you've submitted your applications recently, could you please enlighten me on the next steps after you pay the naturalisation fee online? I am trying to get an answer on the below, but I'm getting mixed info, especially seeing as there been a change in the document checking service:

- Within how many days after submitting your application do you have to send the supporting documents?
- What's the availability on UKVCA service centres like (any one of you did it around London area?)? Was anyone able to book evening/weekend slots? The reason I'm asking is because I'm starting a new job on the 5th Aug and feeling quite uncomfortable taking half day off in my first week, so would ideally like to get an appointment next week if I submit my application tomorrow!

Any advice/insight is much appreciated. Thanks for your time!

Dana
This topic is only about tier 2 work permit visas and NOT about naturalisation.

Please do not tag onto topics that are not relevant to your query. Post citizenship questions in the citizenship sub forum please!
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

chipo
Newly Registered
Zimbabwe

Post by chipo » Fri Jul 26, 2019 12:53 pm

tdas and salman19

Any news from Home Office. Did they respond to your emails.

I am still waiting for their response.

Now on week 5 after biometrics submitted.

Any suggestions on way forward.

Thank you.

kvbskalyan
Newly Registered
India

Post by kvbskalyan » Fri Jul 26, 2019 6:44 pm

Hi,
I exactly got the same email and I responded with appointment confirmation letter to home office. Any update so far from any one? I applied for standard Tier2 ICT visa

chipo
Newly Registered
Zimbabwe

Post by chipo » Fri Jul 26, 2019 7:48 pm

Hi kvbskalyan

Good to hear from you

When did you do your biometrics and
Which centre did you submit your biometrics.

kvbskalyan
Newly Registered
India

Post by kvbskalyan » Sat Jul 27, 2019 3:13 am

I submitted online application on 3rd July and biometrics on 18th July at Reading.I think it is an automated email. Email also says that Ignore if you already completed your Biometrics.I feel that some one is lookin at our application and is getting processed :).My collegues who attended biometrics at reading with standard service received their biometrics card in 3 weeks.If you have any news on yours please post here so that it helps. I too will do the same when I get myne

chipo
Newly Registered
Zimbabwe

Post by chipo » Sat Jul 27, 2019 11:36 am

Hallo

All my colleagues here also received their biometric cards within 3 weeks as well and they never received any emails of that sort.

Mine is now going to 6th week now. Not sure how much the technical glitch affected my visa processing. That email is only auto-generated if your biometrics do not show on their system.

I think our biometrics did not reach the ukvi on time hence the delay. Their system did not deliver our information to ukvi.

We have nothing to do except waiting be positive that all is well.

I will definitely post here as soon as I receive my decision.

tdas
Newly Registered

Post by tdas » Mon Jul 29, 2019 7:51 am

Hi All,

I am still waiting for the reply from HO. I have checked with the UKVCAS and they said If you have already attended your appointment, you do not need to worry. If anything further is needed, our contact centre will be in contact with you to arrange a new appointment. For me 6 weeks over and when i called HO they said they can only provide the update on the visa status after 8 weeks. Only thing we can do is wait patiently for the response :)

chipo
Newly Registered
Zimbabwe

Post by chipo » Mon Jul 29, 2019 10:56 am

Looks like there is nothing much to do except waiting.

Will update here if there are any changes.

😊

salman2019
Newly Registered

Post by salman2019 » Mon Jul 29, 2019 7:04 pm

Hi, sorry for the late reply.
So on 22 July morming i called UKVCAS and told them about the email and asked if the operator could confirm the status of documents, he asked me my UAN number and than told me that on 19 June they had some technical issues at Leeds which prevented transmission of data to HO and that it was rectified on 20 June and that my data was transferred to HO and it’s showing up as confirmed/submitted on his system and that I don’t need to resubmit my biometrics.
Than I called UKVI and the told the operator/advisor about the email and conversation with UKVCAS, she told me that she has had a similar call before me that day, and than advised me to write a letter to UKVI Sheffield explaining everything and attach my appointment confirmation letter also and that this would sort out the issue and I don’t need to do anything else.
Now in Week 7.......the wait continues !

salman2019
Newly Registered

Post by salman2019 » Mon Jul 29, 2019 7:08 pm

Also I went to the Leeds biometric centre same day and confirmed all of the UKVCAS operator’s conversation with me and confirmed the status of documents as confirmed/submitted on the screen myself

salman2019
Newly Registered

Post by salman2019 » Tue Jul 30, 2019 12:00 pm

tdas wrote:
Mon Jul 22, 2019 10:48 am
Hi,

I have attended the Biometric for Tier2 ICT long term on Friday 21st June 2019 at Croydon centre. Unfortunately on 19th July 2019 evening I received an automated Email which states” Following your recent application for Tier 2 ICT Long Term you should have attended an appointment at a UK Visas and Citizenship Application Service point to enroll your biometrics (scanned fingerprints and photograph).As part of your online application you were informed that you would receive this reminder letter if you had not attended an appointment and enrolled your biometrics within 15 working days. Our records show that you have failed to comply with this instruction, without providing us with a reasonable explanation.”

I used the Standard Service for my application. When i called to the UK Visas & Immigration Contact Centre on 0300 123 2241 and explained they advised me to reply to the same email address (home.office.atlas@notifications.service.gov.uk) providing the Visa centre and time slot detail.
Would appreciate if you can share what can be done to resolve this.

Many thanks.
Hi tdas,

Whenever I try to send email to this email address, which you mentioned in your email and is also the same email from which I received the email, it bounces back saying it is not possible to deliver email to this address as the address doesn’t exist and the domin couldn’t be found.
Is there any other email address which I can use to send the email.
Thanks !

chipo
Newly Registered
Zimbabwe

Post by chipo » Tue Jul 30, 2019 12:22 pm

Haloo tdas

Yes it seems as if they blocked that one. I was able to sent an email to it on 22ndJuly and it was delivered. Later on
I tried to email them again on 27th but it refused. Looks like they blocked it.
You can use this one

atlasnotifications.notmonitored@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk

I am worried about the "notmonitored" part. Not sure if its monitored or if we will get a response from it.

So far no one has gotten any response from that email or any other email we have used. Its difficult to Know if they have received our emails or not🤔

salman2019
Newly Registered

Post by salman2019 » Wed Jul 31, 2019 5:44 pm

Hello everyone,

Has anyone received any further information or any update ?

chipo
Newly Registered
Zimbabwe

Post by chipo » Wed Jul 31, 2019 8:50 pm

Haloo

Nothing yet... Still in limbo
😔

chipo
Newly Registered
Zimbabwe

Post by chipo » Fri Aug 02, 2019 12:57 pm

Heloo EVERYONE!

Its a Friday guys! Did anyone of you received any response from UKVI
or the mind games still continue!

salman2019
Newly Registered

Post by salman2019 » Fri Aug 02, 2019 1:14 pm

Hi ,

Last working day of 7th week today and still no response.

My UKVI account is still showing that I need to book an appointment and submit biometrics by 16 August ! (IS THIS THE CASE WITH EVERYONE? Or is it just me )

I’m extremely confused and concerned now.

If i try to book a new appointment as the UKVI says my sopra sitera account says that I need to cancel my previous already attended 19 June appointment if I want to book a new one.

So what do you suggest.

Should i cancel the previous already attended appointment with UKVCAS and book a new one.
OR
Should i wait ?

chipo
Newly Registered
Zimbabwe

Post by chipo » Fri Aug 02, 2019 1:26 pm

It's exactly the same thing with me.

We don't know what to do. My account says I need to make a booking by 20 August. But when I am directed to the sopra Steria account I am told that I need to cancel the one I already attended on 23 June.

Truth is we don't even know how the account is supposed to show. If you have made a booking is it supposed to show on your ukvi as successfully booked with sopra steria or it will still remain the same even after booking

I am also confused. I am not sure whether to book a new appointment and cancel the 1 I already attended. Will this not complicate issues.

I wish we had some form of feedback 😭 or advice

There is no feedback from ukvi making the confusion worse.