Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to!

Login Register Do not show

Switching to PBS dependent route

Only for UK Tier 2 (Employer Sponsored) points system Tier 2

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, Zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Posts: 24754
Joined: Fri Mar 17, 2006 3:30 pm
Location: does it matter?

Switching to PBS dependent route or extending?

Post by geriatrix » Tue Aug 20, 2013 10:05 am

Switching means making an in-country application to change immigration categories.

Switching to PBS dependant
From 1 Oct 2013, applicants in the UK under a different immigration category may apply for leave to remain as PBS dependants from within the UK, providing they are not here illegally, as visitors, or on temporary admission or temporary release. They will still need to satisfy all other existing requirements (319C(h)).

An extension application is a leave to remain application to "extend" stay in the UK under the same immigration category.
One cannot apply for leave to remain (extension) from outside the UK. One can only apply for leave to enter (entry clearance) from outside the UK.

See also Family members
Before commencing to post on this website, please read these important announcements carefully.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

Posts: 28235
Joined: Tue Sep 25, 2007 7:58 pm

Post by vinny » Sun Sep 08, 2013 11:22 am

Changes on 1 Oct 2013.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.