ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

T2 visa- Visa supporting documents

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

mohamedlasheen
Mood:

T2 visa- Visa supporting documents

Post by mohamedlasheen » Fri Jul 20, 2018 10:45 pm

Hi all,

I am preparing my tier2 general visa as a structural engineer, Could you please let me know the requested papers to support my applucation, or even refer me to a document that lists what documents are needed.

Waseem432000
Mood:

Re: T2 visa- Visa supporting documents

Post by Waseem432000 » Sat Jul 21, 2018 9:16 am

British government's official website has comprehensive list of documents. I guess you don't need a No crime certificate and if your employer is providing your maintenance as well, you don't need much documents. TB certificate if applicable, IELTS test card if applicable, all passports , fees payment emails print out, application form and document checklist. You dont need printed passport size pictures either.

mohamedlasheen
Mood:

Post by mohamedlasheen » Sat Jul 21, 2018 10:46 am

What is meant by email print out?

Waseem432000
Mood:

Post by Waseem432000 » Sat Jul 21, 2018 4:00 pm

When you pay IHS and HO fees, they send you a email for both, confirming successful payment and issue you IHS and HO reference numbers. Those IHS and HO reference numbers are automatically added in your application but you can take out prints of IHS and HO fees paid confirmation emails and present them if visa center ask about them.

kristelaustria
Newly Registered
Philippines

Post by kristelaustria » Sun Jul 22, 2018 1:54 am

Hi to all!

May I know how you provided information regarding the English language part in the Visa application?
Awarding Body: University of Cambridge
Title of Qualification: International English Language Testing system
Level of Qualification: CEFR Level C1
Date of Award: date found in the lower part of the form?
Award reference Number: Test report form number found beside the Date of award in the lower part of the form?

please, can someone share their ideas about this?

Thank you!

Hannie1114
Newly Registered
Nigeria

Post by Hannie1114 » Tue Jul 24, 2018 6:10 am

Hi all,

Can you please guide me?

My psssport expires may next year but I’m due to extend my tier 2 general in december.am I supposed to have at least 6 months validity on my passport to extend my visa?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Jul 24, 2018 6:18 am

Hannie1114 wrote:
Tue Jul 24, 2018 6:10 am
Hi all,

Can you please guide me?

My psssport expires may next year but I’m due to extend my tier 2 general in december.am I supposed to have at least 6 months validity on my passport to extend my visa?
No.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

mohamedlasheen
Mood:

Post by mohamedlasheen » Wed Jul 25, 2018 12:02 am

I am applying as T2 general, Civil engineer job,I read many documents from which I got confused specially there is no official list of supporting documents, could you please confirm/advise which of the following ones are mansatory/optional
1. COS Print out
2. Signed job offer
3. Assigned COS print out
4. Bank statements
5. IELTS Certificate
6. Graduation Certificates

If there are other documents please let me know. Thanks

Waseem432000
Mood:

Post by Waseem432000 » Wed Jul 25, 2018 7:52 am

Signed job offer wasn't required for my application but you can take out a print just in case. Are you from any country where TB test is also required? If yes, do take your original test card with you and finally, when you paid IHS and Home Office fees for your visa application, you would have received a email as confirmation. Do take a print out of those emails and present if required. Bank statements are a must if your employer haven't guaranteed your maintenance.

kv912
Newly Registered
Germany

Post by kv912 » Wed Jul 25, 2018 11:58 pm

mohamedlasheen wrote:
Wed Jul 25, 2018 12:02 am
I am applying as T2 general, Civil engineer job,I read many documents from which I got confused specially there is no official list of supporting documents, could you please confirm/advise which of the following ones are mansatory/optional
1. COS Print out
2. Signed job offer
3. Assigned COS print out
4. Bank statements
5. IELTS Certificate
6. Graduation Certificates

If there are other documents please let me know. Thanks
I am also going to apply for tier2 general soon.
I don't find any place in the guideline mentioning the graduation certificates. Can someone confirm whether it is needed or not?
If my sponsor certifies maintenance on CoS, then I don't need to submit bank statements. Is my understanding correct?

mohamedlasheen
Mood:

Post by mohamedlasheen » Thu Jul 26, 2018 3:56 pm

Yes, if the sponsor checked the maintenance box in the COS; then you don't need to provide bank statements that proves you have GBP 945 for contentious 3 months

tier2COSchaser
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Post by tier2COSchaser » Sat Jul 28, 2018 8:15 pm

Waseem432000 wrote:
Sat Jul 21, 2018 9:16 am
British government's official website has comprehensive list of documents. I guess you don't need a No crime certificate and if your employer is providing your maintenance as well, you don't need much documents. TB certificate if applicable, IELTS test card if applicable, all passports , fees payment emails print out, application form and document checklist. You dont need printed passport size pictures either.
Hi Waseem,

I recently completed my biometrics and document submission. Only after my appointment was over I realized that I was never asked for my passport size photos. But I assumed they photo taken during biometrics should be sufficient. Is this recently adopted change, to not to ask for passport size photos? Because I remember submitting photos for my previous UK visas which was done 2 years back.

Can you please confirm again for my clarity?

Waseem432000
Mood:

Post by Waseem432000 » Sat Jul 28, 2018 11:41 pm

tier2COSchaser wrote:
Sat Jul 28, 2018 8:15 pm
Waseem432000 wrote:
Sat Jul 21, 2018 9:16 am
Hi Waseem,

I recently completed my biometrics and document submission. Only after my appointment was over I realized that I was never asked for my passport size photos. But I assumed they photo taken during biometrics should be sufficient. Is this recently adopted change, to not to ask for passport size photos? Because I remember submitting photos for my previous UK visas which was done 2 years back.

Can you please confirm again for my clarity?
Absolutely correct. I was a bit confused myself when I had my appointment and I got my passport pictures done just in case but they never asked for them. When i explicitly asked them if they needed passport size pictures, they replied that pictures and Biometrics are the reason you are here so it's perfectly normal. I applied for a UK study visa quite some time back and I remember i had to submit printed photos but they seem to have changed that now.

mohamedlasheen
Mood:

Post by mohamedlasheen » Mon Jul 30, 2018 9:51 am

Regarding the job offer, the following are the dates:

1.The RLMT was finished on 5 July 2018,
2. The sponsor applied for COS on 5 July 2018.
3. I send him my CV on 6 July 2018
4. I had a skype interview on 9 July 2018
5. The COS was approved on 13 July 2017
6. The sponsor assigned the COS to me on 17 July 2018.

The following is the wording of the job offer that will be submitted:

"Further to your skype interview of 09/07/18 and based on your abilities indicated in your CV received on 06/07/18 I am pleased to confirm that we can offer you a permanent position at our London office for the above captioned position.
Once you confirm that you accept the following offer we will assign you to the restricted CoS that we have obtained from the Home Office in the UK. You will then need to make a VISA application for yourself"

Would that be fine?, Although I understand that the signed job offer might not be required, however in case I added it to the documents, I'm concerned that the wording might be an issue with the visa. please advise.

Waseem432000
Mood:

Post by Waseem432000 » Mon Jul 30, 2018 4:49 pm

Don't submit the job offer letter at all if you aren't comfortable with wordings or dates. HO hasn't mentioned that anywhere that you need to submit job offer letter and a lot of applicants including me, who have applied for their Tier-2 visas, haven't submitted offer letter, employment contract or anything other than CoS. All relevant information which is required by HO to make a visa decision is mentioned in Certificate of Sponsorship so apply with that only. Moderators and other senior members may guide you better but this is pretty clear to me sine I am also an applicant.

akashoptimist
Newly Registered
India

Post by akashoptimist » Mon Jul 30, 2018 7:55 pm

Is the TB certificate essential if you are returning resident. (living in UK for the past 7.5 years ) and have been outside the country for the last 2 months only.