ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 dependent visa

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

rajeesh84
Newly Registered
India

Tier 2 dependent visa

Post by rajeesh84 » Thu Jul 19, 2018 6:31 pm

Hi,

My wife got ILR on February 2018, me and my daughter are still in Tier 2 dependent visa which is expiring on February 2019. When we apply for a visa extension, under which category we should to apply?
Also my wife and daughter is planning to visit India for 4 months. Is it possible for me to apply from here and daughter to lodge the application from India?

Thanks in advance,
Rajeesh

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Tier 2 dependent visa

Post by CR001 » Thu Jul 19, 2018 6:34 pm

You should both apply for a tier 2 dependent extension within the UK before they travel.

It will be a 3 year extension.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

rajeesh84
Newly Registered
India

Post by rajeesh84 » Thu Jul 19, 2018 7:52 pm

Hi, Thank you very much for the reply. Was bit confused about the visa category as my wife is no longer in Tier 2 visa. We are currently in Tier 2 general category but my wife is a nurse so is there any possibility we could apply as Tier 2 shortage occupation? or should apply as a Tier 2 General visa extension?

Many Thanks for the prompt response,
Rajeesh

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Jul 19, 2018 10:36 pm

You simply apply for a 3 year tier 2 dependent visa.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

rajeesh84
Newly Registered
India

Post by rajeesh84 » Fri Jul 20, 2018 4:54 pm

Thanks for the reply.
About the visa extension - I understand that if my daughter apply for a Tier 2 dependent visa from India, it would be considered as a fresh application not an extension. But I am planning to stay in the UK and apply for my tier 2 dependent visa extension. I will be eligible for ILR in 2020 March. At that time me and my daughter are planning to apply for ILR together. Applying from India for a Tier 2 visa would make my daughter's application invalid?

rajeesh84
Newly Registered
India

Post by rajeesh84 » Tue Jul 24, 2018 6:35 pm

My wife is pregnant and the baby is due on November. She wants to visit India after delivery for 4 months. My daughter is in Tier 2 dependent visa which expires in February. My wife got ILR.

Could any one please help me to clarify this-

If my daughter apply for a visa from India, before the expiry of her current visa, under which category her visa will be issued?
New visa means her ILR 5 year clock will be reset?
I will be eligible for ILR in March 2020 so my daughter could apply with me. Also my daughter will be only 4 by that time. So is it possible to reject her ILR application on the basis of 5 year residence?

Any help is much appreciated as we have no clue what to do with this.

Thanks is advance,
Rajeesh