ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 Visa. Employment terminated. Spouse still working on Dependant Visa

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Tim Jarvis
Newly Registered
Mood:
Australia

Tier 2 Visa. Employment terminated. Spouse still working on Dependant Visa

Post by Tim Jarvis » Wed Apr 01, 2020 1:29 pm

Having just moved to London I received the surprise news that I have been made redundant. I understand the 60 day period post my termination date however, my wife is a full time employee on a dependant pass under my original application.

How is she impacted by my redundancy if I am not able to find a new sponsor within 60 days?

With thanks,
Tim

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Tier 2 Visa. Employment terminated. Spouse still working on Dependant Visa

Post by CR001 » Wed Apr 01, 2020 1:42 pm

Not sure what 60 days exactly you are referring to. There is no 60 days employment gap maximum rule.

The 60 days curtailment only starts when ho sends the letter and you have received it. The letter can take a few months to get sent out.

Your redundancy has no effect on your spouse at this stage.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Tim Jarvis
Newly Registered
Mood:
Australia

Post by Tim Jarvis » Wed Apr 01, 2020 1:57 pm

Thank for you the reply.

The 60 Day I referred to is indeed the time when my sponsor advised the UK Gov that my employment has been terminated. In this scenario, the company will advise the UK Gov within 10 days of my last day of employment (eg. 10th May) and assuming an efficient process, I would expect to be given 60 days to find another sponsor or I would then have to leave the country.

My wife moved across with her current employer from another country (we are Australian citizens), however, her application was done as a dependant to my Tier 2 Visa.

Is there an impact for her working conditions should I not be able to find employment within the 60 days?

Thanks again.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Apr 01, 2020 2:13 pm

The 60 Day I referred to is indeed the time when my sponsor advised the UK Gov that my employment has been terminated. In this scenario, the company will advise the UK Gov within 10 days of my last day of employment (eg. 10th May) and assuming an efficient process, I would expect to be given 60 days to find another sponsor or I would then have to leave the country.
Curtailment letter can take months. It is NOT an 'instant' type process. HO also understandably have other more pressing issues at this time.
Is there an impact for her working conditions should I not be able to find employment within the 60 days?
No.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Tim Jarvis
Newly Registered
Mood:
Australia

Post by Tim Jarvis » Wed Apr 01, 2020 2:56 pm

Thank you again. Take care. Tim