ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

UK Tier 2 Visa for spouse after US Deportation

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Dauk
Newly Registered
United States of America

UK Tier 2 Visa for spouse after US Deportation

Post by Dauk » Mon May 14, 2018 12:08 pm

I am American Wife and children are Indian ... Married for 15+ years. I currently work in the USA wife and kids live in India... get home once a quarter spent about 7 of the last 15 years physically in India.

Stuck in a paperwork mess but long story short. My Wife was deported from the US 8 years ago after about 2 secs of illegal presence. She applied for and received a tourist visa. Was allowed into the US and then immediately arrested and deported based on court order because last time she left the US she failed to file the correct paperwork. Needless to say its a big mess in America thts going to take Years of court work and appeals to resolve.

I'm no longer allowed to live and operate my business in India because I'm a US Military Veteran and India no longer allows veterans of other military's be permanent residents.

As a result I've applied for and got a job in the UK on a Tier 2 visa. Waiting on the COS atm with 55 points.

So whats the likelihood my wife will be able to join me in the UK? How much value does American stupidity play in the UK visa processing decision. We've been married for 15 years have 2 kids and enough proof of relationship to gag a goat so that shouldn't be an issue. As far as we understand it will boil down to the opinion of the worker at the time trying to decide if my wife will overstay her Tier 2. Our hope is to work in the UK until we can get indefinite leave or go to America whenever they get their head out of their arse (likely never).

If it matters my Wife and children all hold Indian passports.

Couple additionl questions ...
How long should it take once I have the COS to get my wifes Visa?
Do I need to apply first in the US before she can apply in India?

If you can provide competent legal advise IN THE UK I have no issue paying consultation fees please feel free to send me your information and rates.

Casa

Re: UK Tier 2 Visa for spouse after US Deportation

Post by Casa » Mon May 14, 2018 12:13 pm

Dauk wrote:
Mon May 14, 2018 12:08 pm
If you can provide competent legal advise IN THE UK I have no issue paying consultation fees please feel free to send me your information and rates.
Under the Board Ts&Cs, members aren't permitted to post contact details or offer professional services on the open forum .
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon May 14, 2018 12:14 pm

Dauk wrote:
You would need to contact www.workpermit.com directly if you are asking for their advice. We, immigrationboards.com, are just an immigration forum for free advice and are not 'workpermit.com', we are only hosted by them.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Dauk
Newly Registered
United States of America

Post by Dauk » Mon May 14, 2018 12:16 pm

Didn't realize there was no direct messaging... unfortunate... sorry new here.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon May 14, 2018 12:17 pm

Dauk wrote:
Mon May 14, 2018 12:16 pm
Didn't realize there was no direct messaging... unfortunate... sorry new here.
There is a private message function but only after 30 genuine posts.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Dauk
Newly Registered
United States of America

Post by Dauk » Mon May 14, 2018 12:18 pm

CR001 wrote:
Mon May 14, 2018 12:14 pm
Dauk wrote:
You would need to contact www.workpermit.com directly if you are asking for their advice. We, immigrationboards.com, are just an immigration forum for free advice and are not 'workpermit.com', we are only hosted by them.
The work permit shouldn't be an issue the Employeer i've agreee to work for a fairly large UK Corporation so they have the workPermit side of things down to a science.

Its more about the Tier 2 for my Wife and Kids then it is my WorkPermit

pere0026
Mood:

Post by pere0026 » Tue May 15, 2018 9:42 am

Dauk wrote:
I am American Wife and children are Indian ... Married for 15+ years. I currently work in the USA wife and kids live in India... get home once a quarter spent about 7 of the last 15 years physically in India.

Stuck in a paperwork mess but long story short. My Wife was deported from the US 8 years ago after about 2 secs of illegal presence. She applied for and received a tourist visa. Was allowed into the US and then immediately arrested and deported based on court order because last time she left the US she failed to file the correct paperwork. Needless to say its a big mess in America thts going to take Years of court work and appeals to resolve.

I'm no longer allowed to live and operate my business in India because I'm a US Military Veteran and India no longer allows veterans of other military's be permanent residents.

As a result I've applied for and got a job in the UK on a Tier 2 visa. Waiting on the COS atm with 55 points.

So whats the likelihood my wife will be able to join me in the UK? - no issue with that if U'll have Ur visa and strong proofs of Ur relationships
How much value does American stupidity play in the UK visa processing decision. We've been married for 15 years have 2 kids and enough proof of relationship to gag a goat so that shouldn't be an issue. As far as we understand it will boil down to the opinion of the worker at the time trying to decide if my wife will overstay her Tier 2. Our hope is to work in the UK until we can get indefinite leave or go to America whenever they get their head out of their arse (likely never).

If it matters my Wife and children all hold Indian passports. - it doesn't matter

Couple additionl questions ...
How long should it take once I have the COS to get my wifes Visa? - depends on time frames for Ur visa as she will be able to apply as soon as U'll have Ur entry clearance
Do I need to apply first in the US before she can apply in India? - correct

Dauk
Newly Registered
United States of America

Post by Dauk » Wed May 16, 2018 1:55 am

@pere0026

Thanks for the reply heres hoping it goes smoothly were pretty sick I've being seperated.

pere0026
Mood:

Post by pere0026 » Thu May 17, 2018 12:43 pm

no worries and good luck :)