ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

28 days rule for bank statements

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Zulqarnain A
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Maintenance Funds

Post by Zulqarnain A » Mon Sep 12, 2022 5:05 pm

Hi all,

I am about to apply for my student visa to study in Leeds University starting from January 2023.

I have paid half of the fees and got the CAS letter.

I will be sponsored by my cousin who's in UK for maintenance funds and he will be providing me his bank statements to submit with my visa application.

I'm bit confused after reading about maintenance funds on uk official visa website, it does not say anything about sponsor being anyone in family. It only says funds to be from parents or government sponsored body.

Under which category a sponsorship from my cousin will come ?

Will home office accept my sponsor ? He's my cousin and not parents.

Thanks

sah10406
Diamond Member

Re: Maintenance Funds

Post by sah10406 » Tue Sep 13, 2022 8:26 am

Zulqarnain A wrote:
Mon Sep 12, 2022 5:05 pm
Will home office accept my sponsor ? He's my cousin and not parents.
No.

Your cousin can pay your tuition fees directly to the university. For your living costs, they will need to give you (or your parent) the money upfront, so you can show it in your own name (or your parent's name) for the required amount of time.
I do not give immigration advice. I refer you to Immigration Rules, guidance, other online content and to your sponsor.

Zulqarnain A
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by Zulqarnain A » Tue Sep 13, 2022 9:23 am

Thanks for reply.

Can you please tell me when fund needs to be in my account if I'm aiming to apply for visa on 1st December 2022 ?

sah10406
Diamond Member

Post by sah10406 » Tue Sep 13, 2022 9:34 am

Zulqarnain A wrote:
Tue Sep 13, 2022 9:23 am
Can you please tell me when fund needs to be in my account if I'm aiming to apply for visa on 1st December 2022 ?
I am concerned that you don't appear to have engaged with the even the most basic requirements for your Student visa application, especially relating to the crucial maintenance requirement

Your own university has a detailed guide for their Students about applying for a Student visa, including all these matters you are asking about. If after reading their guide you still need one-to-one guidance, or you want one of the Advice team to check your financial documents, there is a direct email address for them.

https://www.leeds.ac.uk/international-v ... udent-visa

No disrespect to you or to folks here, but I am puzzled why you are prioritising the opinions of random strangers online (like me) over the tailored free professional visa advice offered by the university that is sponsoring your visa.
I do not give immigration advice. I refer you to Immigration Rules, guidance, other online content and to your sponsor.

Zulqarnain A
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by Zulqarnain A » Wed Sep 14, 2022 1:00 am

Thank you for your reply.

I have always turned to Immigration Board for experts advise, its short and productive, focused with latest laws and regulations and it has always helped me with many of my family members visa.

Zulqarnain A
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Maintenance Funds in Wise (formerly Transfer Wise)

Post by Zulqarnain A » Wed Sep 14, 2022 1:11 am

Hi everyone,

I'm planning to move my maintenance funds to my multi-currency Wise account and then use the statements from Wise to support visa application.

For those who don't know Wise, it's a money transfer platform which also offers users to open online multi currency account to deposit funds which can be used in various countries.

I want to know if statements from an online platform Wise can be considered legitimate for visa Officer for my student visa application?

I wanted to open account in UK High Street bank because funds will be transferred by my cousin from UK but they need proof of UK address which i don't have yet. So I turned to Wise which doesn't need proof of address and can hold my funds in my Wise account to be used in 50 countries.

Purpose to choose Wise over local Pakistani banks is to avoid transfer fees, first from UK to Pakistan and then Pakistan back to UK. If I get a visa and arrive in the UK I will be able to use Wise straight away for my maintenance funds without the hassle of transferring money between countries.

However, statements from Wise, would they be acceptable for visa officer ? Because its an online money transfer platform and as stated above also provides multi currency account to users like myself.

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Re: Maintenance Funds in Wise (formerly Transfer Wise)

Post by AmazonianX » Wed Sep 14, 2022 5:04 am

Zulqarnain A wrote:
Wed Sep 14, 2022 1:11 am
Hi everyone,

I'm planning to move my maintenance funds to my multi-currency Wise account and then use the statements from Wise to support visa application.

For those who don't know Wise, it's a money transfer platform which also offers users to open online multi currency account to deposit funds which can be used in various countries.

I want to know if statements from an online platform Wise can be considered legitimate for visa Officer for my student visa application?

I wanted to open account in UK High Street bank because funds will be transferred by my cousin from UK but they need proof of UK address which i don't have yet. So I turned to Wise which doesn't need proof of address and can hold my funds in my Wise account to be used in 50 countries.

Purpose to choose Wise over local Pakistani banks is to avoid transfer fees, first from UK to Pakistan and then Pakistan back to UK. If I get a visa and arrive in the UK I will be able to use Wise straight away for my maintenance funds without the hassle of transferring money between countries.

However, statements from Wise, would they be acceptable for visa officer ? Because its an online money transfer platform and as stated above also provides multi currency account to users like myself.
The HO only accepts as true the bank statements from regulated banks or financial institutions. Therefore you will need to find out if the UK HO considers/accepts the platform you want to use as a regulated bank or financial institution.
In your efforts to save or eliminate charges, don't become too wise and loose visa due to not meeting financial requirements.

Zulqarnain A
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by Zulqarnain A » Thu Sep 15, 2022 9:28 am

Wise is regulated by FCA. If this is the only option I have then is it worth taking a risk ?

Zulqarnain A
Newly Registered
Pakistan

28 days rule for bank statements

Post by Zulqarnain A » Sun Sep 25, 2022 12:53 pm

Hi everyone,

Just need bit of understanding with the duration of funds in bank statements to support student visa.

My sponsor has transferred the funds to my account a month ago (30 days). Am I good to now print out the statements and apply for visa ?

I have heard somewhere that funds needs to be in account for 59 days ?

Thanks

Zulqarnain A
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Re: 28 days rule for bank statements

Post by Zulqarnain A » Sun Sep 25, 2022 1:14 pm

Can you please stop moving my every question to the old topic ? Every question is different and I don't get much response if you disappear it from the main portal. I'm not sure if you are even allowed to move my questions and keep mixing them up without my consent ? This platform used to be very good, it's really poorly managed now and unfairly controlling

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Sep 25, 2022 1:19 pm

Can you please follow the forum rules.

announcements/multiple-posts-will-be-lo ... t5722.html

Everyone can see your most recent post. Whether people choose to respond is up to them
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

sam550

Post by sam550 » Sun Sep 25, 2022 6:14 pm

Zulqarnain A wrote:
Sun Sep 25, 2022 12:53 pm
Hi everyone,

Just need bit of understanding with the duration of funds in bank statements to support student visa.

My sponsor has transferred the funds to my account a month ago (30 days). Am I good to now print out the statements and apply for visa ?

I have heard somewhere that funds needs to be in account for 59 days ?

Thanks

This will answer your qst - https://www.westminster.ac.uk/internati ... 8-day-rule

sah10406
Diamond Member

Post by sah10406 » Mon Sep 26, 2022 6:57 am

sam550 wrote:
Sun Sep 25, 2022 6:14 pm
This will answer your qst - https://www.westminster.ac.uk/internati ... 8-day-rule
You are probably wasting your time, I'm afraid. OP appears to not be interested in the professional guidance or advice offered by their own university, let alone a different one.