ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

awkward situation

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

lanchong98
Newly Registered

awkward situation

Post by lanchong98 » Mon Dec 21, 2020 10:05 pm

Hi,

My girlfriend's visa expires today, and she has MBA course open in January 2021 and submitted visa extension few days ago before her visa expires (before was Kaplan foundation year course and successfully completed). Now, due to the new Tier 4 in London and few other areas and uncertainty in the future, she wants to go back to her home country. However, her visa expires in few hours and me and her do not know what to do in this case.

Thanks in advance

regards

Johnson.

srsw

Re: awkward situation

Post by srsw » Mon Dec 21, 2020 10:22 pm

Pretty much all countries are locking their borders from UK, so flights etc. are difficult to book I'd imagine.

Anyways, application can be withdrawn if that's what she wants, but she needs to think carefully before she triggers that process. More info below.

https://www.gov.uk/cancel-visa

Btw, this new covid variant will end up in every other country or perhaps it's already there.
My advice is based on personal research/experience, so pls check relevant UKVI sources.