ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Changing Tier 4 sponsor

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

sarathme90
Newly Registered
India

Changing Tier 4 sponsor

Post by sarathme90 » Fri Jul 06, 2018 10:18 am

Hi,

I am a PhD student who arrived in Feb 2018 in UK on tier 4 visa (general), now i heard that my PhD guide is resigning and joining in another uni in UK and he has invited me to join him in new uni and continue the PhD there under him,my doubts are :

1. Am I able to withdraw from current uni and join him at new uni while in UK
2. Am I able to change my tier 4 sponsor without any problems inside UK itself (without travelling back to India and applying again for new visa, as I understand that UKVI decisions are unpredictable)
3. What are the procedures to change my tier 4 sponsor inside UK (if its allowed)

I also have another issue, My dependents have been recently granted permission to enter UK from Sept 14th 2018 so :

4. If i change my tier 4 sponsor before they arrive,will it affect their entry
5. if i change my tier 4 sponsor before they arrive, should they cancel their current entry visa and reapply for new ?
6. should i wait until they arrive in UK and then apply for change of my tier 4 sponsor?
7. When I change my tier 4 sponsor after they arrive should my dependents also should apply for new tier 4 dependent visa inside UK

Awaiting valuable advice/reply

sah10406
Diamond Member

Re: Changing Tier 4 sponsor

Post by sah10406 » Sat Jul 07, 2018 1:11 am

sarathme90 wrote:
Fri Jul 06, 2018 10:18 am
1. Am I able to withdraw from current uni and join him at new uni while in UK
That is an academic decision for the new sponsor. They will need to decide whether to sponsor you under Tier 4 for the course.
sarathme90 wrote:
2. Am I able to change my tier 4 sponsor without any problems inside UK itself (without travelling back to India and applying again for new visa, as I understand that UKVI decisions are unpredictable)
Yes. Your Tier 4 visa would be curtailed to 60 days after you withdraw from your current course, and you have that period to make a new Tier 4 application.
sarathme90 wrote:
3. What are the procedures to change my tier 4 sponsor inside UK (if its allowed)
You make a new Tier 4 application, very similar to the one you made in your home country. See https://www.gov.uk/tier-4-general-visa/extend-your-visa
sarathme90 wrote:
My dependents have been recently granted permission to enter UK from Sept 14th 2018 so :

4. If i change my tier 4 sponsor before they arrive,will it affect their entry
5. if i change my tier 4 sponsor before they arrive, should they cancel their current entry visa and reapply for new ?
6. should i wait until they arrive in UK and then apply for change of my tier 4 sponsor?
7. When I change my tier 4 sponsor after they arrive should my dependents also should apply for new tier 4 dependent visa inside UK
No to all. See paragraph 48 of the PBS dependant guidance:
https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... rs-1-2-4-5
I do not give immigration advice. I refer you to Immigration Rules, guidance, other online content and to your sponsor.

sarathme90
Newly Registered
India

Post by sarathme90 » Sun Jul 08, 2018 8:41 pm

No to all. See paragraph 48 of the PBS dependant guidance:
https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... rs-1-2-4-5
[/quote]

Thank you Sah for the valuable guidance. I have read the para 48 in the guidance, still i have some doubts which i would request your valuable advice:

a. So are they able to travel with their current entry visa (first time travelling to UK) that has been granted now even during the time when my visa is curtailed to 60 days due to my change of sponsor? will there be any issue/questioning regarding my visa cancellation etc. at immigration at airport?

b. And as I have provided my current tier 4 sponsor address for dependent BRP collection will it legally/officially affect even if my visa is cancelled by that tier 4 sponsor and I am under 60 days period for change of sponsor?

sah10406
Diamond Member

Post by sah10406 » Mon Jul 09, 2018 2:05 am

Given your ongoing queries, and your apparent anxiety about the matter, I recommend you get individual advice from the international student adviser at your current university.
I do not give immigration advice. I refer you to Immigration Rules, guidance, other online content and to your sponsor.

nautix
Newly Registered
Mood:
Hong Kong

Post by nautix » Thu Aug 23, 2018 9:55 am

Hi I have exact same situation.
So how's your family now?