ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Contacting UKVI for inquiry about Administrative review

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

san1z
Pakistan

Administrative Review tier 4 visa

Post by san1z » Thu Oct 25, 2018 9:56 am

Hi, I was refused Visa by UKVI on 05 Sept 2018 on basis of credibility interview. I went for an administrative review on 25th of sept 2018. I have been waiting till then and still, haven't got any response from UKVI. I was unable to find anything related to the time span UKVI takes for an admin review. I want to know if there's any time span they follow per case. And also if there's any way to track my review. I also requested in an admin review for another shot at the interview. Can that delay the whole response process? Need help.

rali
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Re: Administrative Review tier 4 visa

Post by rali » Fri Oct 26, 2018 8:02 am

they normally take upto 28 days.

san1z
Pakistan

Post by san1z » Mon Oct 29, 2018 2:28 pm

It's been more than a month and still didn't get any response. is there any way to contact them and inquire about the admin review?

sew
Pakistan

Post by sew » Mon Oct 29, 2018 7:33 pm

I think you need to file for AR within 14 days after you receive the refusal letter.

san1z
Pakistan

Post by san1z » Tue Oct 30, 2018 6:52 am

28 days time span is mentioned on my refusal notice.

san1z
Pakistan

Contacting UKVI for inquiry about Administrative review

Post by san1z » Mon Nov 05, 2018 11:39 am

Hi, I'd like to know that how reliable is contacting UKVI through email? The Emails inquiries cost £5.48. I applied for AR on 25 sept after getting a refusal on 05 sept. It's been more than 28 working days. Would they be able to tell why there's a delay in my AR decision? My case doesn't even fall in the complex category. I was refused based on the credibility interview. Whoever has experienced contacting the UKVI through the mail, I'd be grateful to hear your suggestions and advice.

sew
Pakistan

Re: Contacting UKVI for inquiry about Administrative review

Post by sew » Tue Nov 06, 2018 7:34 am

I was refused on the basis of maintenance funds, I received my AR decision within 3 weeks.
Applied AR on 21st Aug I think.

What were your reasons of refusal on credibility?

san1z
Pakistan

Post by san1z » Wed Nov 07, 2018 12:21 pm

It was about the research i conducted. They stated that i didn't select any other university on the same level. Every other uni i researched about was below the one i selected.
And the interviewer asked me about my father's occupation but in refusal stated that i was asked how much he earns.
The Interviewer also said that i was unable to show proficiency in speaking though she was the one who told me to speak slow.

san1z
Pakistan

Post by san1z » Tue Nov 20, 2018 5:31 pm

Just wanted to let you guys know that my administrative review was successful and the decision of refusal against entry clearance is overturned.
I received the email today but my decision was made on 16 October 2018. Hopefully, I'll be joining my university in the January intake.

swaqar22
Newly Registered

Post by swaqar22 » Tue Nov 20, 2018 10:33 pm

Hi San1z,
many congratulations bro on your success. I would be thankful if you can guide me regarding AR process. My wife Applied tier4 visa on Nov 12, 2018 and today she received a refusal letter with some silly reason. It is important to note her interview was scheduled at 1400 hrs PST on 14 nov she received a call earlier but call terminated 3 to 4 times . she gave them 4 different mobile numbers of family members but same happened. After waiting all day, ECO called at 2200 pst. Voice quality was poor again and she she has to ask the ECO to repeat her question a few times. After 30miutes interview call disconnected again. Eco tried a couple of time again but it was not connected and we never received any call again.

ECO has refused the application under under 245ZV(k)

there are three points

1) I am not satisfied you have undertaken sufficient research

2)your answer could be applied to other universities in the UK

3) I am not satisfied you have demonstrated any knowledge about the sector you intend to work,

I know these are the reasons where most students are refused visa and decisions could be overturned by a good written AR application.
you recently got success with your AR ,So i will appericate if you can help me and guide through the process.
thanks

sew
Pakistan

Post by sew » Wed Nov 21, 2018 11:05 am

Congratulations san1z great news!!

san1z
Pakistan

Post by san1z » Wed Nov 21, 2018 1:22 pm

swaqar22 wrote:
Tue Nov 20, 2018 10:33 pm
ECO has refused the application under under 245ZV(k)

there are three points

1) I am not satisfied you have undertaken sufficient research

2)your answer could be applied to other universities in the UK

3) I am not satisfied you have demonstrated any knowledge about the sector you intend to work,

I know these are the reasons where most students are refused visa and decisions could be overturned by a good written AR application.
you recently got success with your AR, So i will appreciate if you can help me and guide through the process.
thanks
It All depends on what your wife said during the interview. First of all, contact your sponsor/ University and tell them to request an interview transcript of both interviews. After getting the transcripts, you can check whether what you told was written or not.
They do take the research factor rather serious. If your research was weak, there isn't anything more you can instead of requesting another interview.
if you told any special reasons that might make the university you chose unique, do include them in your AR.
Again depends on what your wife said during the interview. If she told anything about her future job, do make the job position clear in the AR with job salary and every other perk that you might get with that job.

san1z
Pakistan

Post by san1z » Wed Nov 21, 2018 1:23 pm

sew wrote:
Wed Nov 21, 2018 11:05 am
Congratulations san1z great news!!
Thank you

swaqar22
Newly Registered

Post by swaqar22 » Thu Nov 22, 2018 7:29 pm

Thank you for your reply could you please provide me a sample how to write AR. It will be a great help

Thakns
Azim

waseem99
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by waseem99 » Fri Nov 23, 2018 5:05 pm

san1z wrote:
Tue Nov 20, 2018 5:31 pm
Just wanted to let you guys know that my administrative review was successful and the decision of refusal against entry clearance is overturned.
I received the email today but my decision was made on 16 October 2018. Hopefully, I'll be joining my university in the January intake.
That Really Great Brother. Many Congrulations. I have refused like similar case as you had,Moreover, My AR has also refused. I didn't request for another interview in AR, But I mentioned all the missing details in AR. Could you Pls provide us AR you have written. ? That would be honoured for al of us.

rahulsrivastv
Newly Registered

Post by rahulsrivastv » Fri Nov 30, 2018 9:06 pm

I have also received refusal letter in Post but there is no address .
I have been chasing VFS global , UK High Commission and Immigration team but no have given me the right answer or at least pointed me to right path yet.

Will really appreciate is someone can help am applying from India

san1z
Pakistan

Post by san1z » Tue Dec 04, 2018 2:51 pm

swaqar22 wrote:
Thu Nov 22, 2018 7:29 pm
Thank you for your reply could you please provide me a sample how to write AR. It will be a great help

Thanks
Azim
Hi, sorry for the delay. I actually took a little help from previous cases: studied them as well as from some people had already done something like this. My AR was precise and to the point, I tackled all the reasons mentioned to question my genuineness.

san1z
Pakistan

Post by san1z » Tue Dec 04, 2018 2:55 pm

rahulsrivastv wrote:
Fri Nov 30, 2018 9:06 pm
I have also received refusal letter in Post but there is no address .
I have been chasing VFS global , UK High Commission and Immigration team but no have given me the right answer or at least pointed me to right path yet.

Will really appreciate is someone can help am applying from India
As per my research, if there isn't an address on the refusal letter that means you were not given the right to appeal. You need to contact your sponsor in regards to this issue.