ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Dependant Visa for my Spouse on my Graduate Visa (PSW)

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

ParthShah25
Newly Registered
India

Dependant Visa for my Spouse on my Graduate Visa (PSW)

Post by ParthShah25 » Tue Apr 04, 2023 2:06 pm

Hello All,

I have finished my masters here in the UK and am now on my Graduate (PSW) Visa. I just got married in India and now wanted to bring my wife as my dependant. However, many sources say that on my Graduate visa, my wife cannot get a dependant visa to stay and work in the UK.

Can someone clarify and suggest the ways?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Dependant Visa for my Spouse on my Graduate Visa (PSW)

Post by CR001 » Tue Apr 04, 2023 2:11 pm

She can't apply as your graduate visa dependent

The requirements are very clear. She must have been in the uk as your student dependent to qualify to switch and apply as a graduate route dependent.

https://www.gov.uk/graduate-visa/your-p ... d-children
Your partner and children
If your partner and children joined you in the UK as ‘dependants’ on your current Student visa or Tier 4 (General) student visa, they can apply to stay as dependants as on your Graduate visa.
Your partner
Your partner needs to have been a dependant on your Student visa or Tier 4 (General) student visa to apply. You’ll also need to show that they’re still your partner.

You must be able to prove that either:

you’re in a civil partnership or marriage that’s recognised in the UK
you’ve been living together in a relationship for at least 2 years when you apply
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

ParthShah25
Newly Registered
India

Post by ParthShah25 » Tue Apr 04, 2023 2:13 pm

Thank you for your reply.

Kindly suggest me what are other ways through which I can call my wife here in UK?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Apr 04, 2023 2:14 pm

You would have to find another visa that you qualify for, such as a skilled worker visa if you can get a sponsor, to be able to bring your wife as your dependent or she needs to find a visa she qualifies for, like a sponsored skilled worker visa, if she wishes to work in the uk.

There is no other dependent visa category you can use if you are on a graduate route visa
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

ParthShah25
Newly Registered
India

Post by ParthShah25 » Tue Apr 04, 2023 2:16 pm

Thanks again.

Is it possible that my wife will apply for a student visa from India and then I switch my Graduate Visa to her student dependant visa?