ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

My IHS Health Surcharge was 0. Why wasnt i charged and my fellow mate was?

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Kartik1999
Newly Registered
India

My IHS Health Surcharge was 0. Why wasnt i charged and my fellow mate was?

Post by Kartik1999 » Fri Aug 09, 2019 10:22 am

Me and one of my fellow mates are planning to go to the UK to pursue further education. Our course is for the duration of 1 year and while filling the online visa application form, this happened:

1. My mate was asked to pay a sum of 400£ for IHS after entering all his details and accepting them to his best knowledge.
2. I was charged 0. What happened? Both our applications got completed and i dont know why i wasnt charged.

Were both going for the same course and for the same duration. Why wasnt i charged and he was? Anything i should be worried about? Like a rejection of visa or something?

sah10406
Diamond Member

Re: My IHS Health Surcharge was 0. Why wasnt i charged and my fellow mate was?

Post by sah10406 » Sat Aug 10, 2019 7:05 am

It sounds like something has gone wrong with both of the applications.

The IHS for a Tier 4 applicant studying a one-year course is £300. £400 is the fee for other types of application. See https://www.gov.uk/healthcare-immigrati ... w-much-pay.

The only students who pay £0.00 are those with UK government funding, for example a Chevening scholarship.

I advise you both contact the application post to check on what you have been charged, because neither appears to be correct. You might be able to do that via the university that is sponsoring your Tier 4 visa.
I do not give immigration advice. I refer you to Immigration Rules, guidance, other online content and to your sponsor.