ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

PBS, Start-up, Innovator or Global Talent – Partner visa

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

atul1892sha
Newly Registered
India

UK Spouse Visa

Post by atul1892sha » Thu Jan 26, 2023 10:40 am

Hi,

I need a suggestion from you all.

I came to UK on student visa in sept'2021 and my visa is valid till Feb 2024.

I got married as per court marriage procedure in April 2022 and got the marriage certificate as per the court marriage law.
Recently we got married as per the Indian traditional culture in Dec'2022.

Now I am applying for spouse visa by maintaining the required funds for 31 days in spouse Indian bank account.
My question is, like we have the court marriage certificate dated 11th April 2022, can we apply the visa process with the same certificate or do we have to register ourselves with the Traditional wedding marriage certificate as well?

I have contacted the consultancy and they have enquired this question with me, can I able to get the normal marriage certificate after we got married as per traditional format.

Does court marriage certificate and traditional wedding marriage certificate have the same authenticity ? or they differ from each other.

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Re: UK Spouse Visa

Post by AmazonianX » Thu Jan 26, 2023 7:55 pm

atul1892sha wrote:
Thu Jan 26, 2023 10:40 am
Hi,

I got married as per court marriage procedure in April 2022 and got the marriage certificate as per the court marriage law.

Now I am applying for spouse visa by maintaining the required funds for 31 days in spouse Indian bank account. There is no requirement for keeping funds in account for 31days for spouse visa application.
My question is, like we have the court marriage certificate dated 11th April 2022, can we apply the visa process with the same certificate or do we have to register ourselves with the Traditional wedding marriage certificate as well?

I have contacted the consultancy and they have enquired this question with me, can I able to get the normal marriage certificate after we got married as per traditional format.

Does court marriage certificate and traditional wedding marriage certificate have the same authenticity ? or they differ from each other.
That will be there certificate of the marriage legally recognised under the jurisdiction of where the marriage was carried out.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Jan 26, 2023 8:10 pm

atul1892sha wrote:
Thu Jan 26, 2023 10:40 am
Hi,

Now I am applying for spouse visa by maintaining the required funds for 31 days in spouse Indian bank account.

You are not applying for a UK spouse visa, which is a specific visa with specific requirements.

You are applying for a student dependent visa, make sure you make the correct application.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

sah10406
Diamond Member

Post by sah10406 » Thu Jan 26, 2023 10:53 pm

CR001 wrote:
Thu Jan 26, 2023 8:10 pm
You are not applying for a UK spouse visa, which is a specific visa with specific requirements.

You are applying for a student dependent visa, make sure you make the correct application.
I don't think it's clear which of these visas they are applying for!
I do not give immigration advice. I refer you to Immigration Rules, guidance, other online content and to your sponsor.

atul1892sha
Newly Registered
India

Post by atul1892sha » Fri Jan 27, 2023 2:50 pm

Hi,
I'm applying for student dependent visa, and the application process is completely different from the dependent visa.

My question is, can we use the court marriage certificate for showing our marriage evidence or else do we have to get the Indian Marriage certificate, which is different from the court marriage certificate.

lolo2
Venezuela

Post by lolo2 » Fri Jan 27, 2023 4:17 pm

This is what the guidance suggests to provide as a proof of relationship. Student visa: dependant partner
You’ll need to provide evidence of your relationship when you apply, for example:

a marriage or civil partnership certificate for your partner
What you call a court marriage certificate should fulfill this requirement.

atul1892sha
Newly Registered
India

PBS, Start-up, Innovator or Global Talent – Partner visa

Post by atul1892sha » Fri Mar 10, 2023 2:55 pm

Hi,

My wife had given the VFS appointment on 24th Feb'2023 and same day the application was submitted to UKVI. Today is the 10th working day so far, I had called the UKVI team today and they told me the decision is already made on 7th March 2023 and said you will get the passport in 10 days. So shall I consider that the visa is approved ?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: PBS, Start-up, Innovator or Global Talent – Partner visa

Post by CR001 » Fri Mar 10, 2023 3:12 pm

atul1892sha wrote:
Fri Mar 10, 2023 2:55 pm
Hi,

My wife had given the VFS appointment on 24th Feb'2023 and same day the application was submitted to UKVI. Today is the 10th working day so far, I had called the UKVI team today and they told me the decision is already made on 7th March 2023 and said you will get the passport in 10 days. So shall I consider that the visa is approved ?
It simply means a decision has been made. She will find out the decision when she collects her passport once advised it is ready to collect.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.