ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Regarding university fees and visa process.

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

shubhamraj
Newly Registered
India

Regarding university fees and visa process.

Post by shubhamraj » Sun Dec 01, 2019 5:48 pm

Hello,
My name is Shubham and I hail from India. I have applied for Masters in Cybersecurity course in University of Hertfordshire, Hatfield. The course intake is going to commence Jan 2020.
My tuition fees is £11650 which is Rs. 10,71,800 out of which I have already done a initial deposit of Rs. 4,65,000 which is £5000

Living expenses = £9135 = Rs. 8,40,420

So, I have got a FD of 6lakhs and a educational loan of 7.5 lakhs which sums upto 13.5Lakhs.

The initial deposit amount to the university + the available funds = 4,65,000 + 13,50,000 = Rs. 18,15,000
These are the funds which I have right now with me. My counsellor says, that I atleast have to show 20lakhs in my account inorder to get the CAS Letter and visa approval. I have the remaining 2lakhs with me in my account but they are not mature yet. To get the amount matured, I need to wait for 28days which I can't risk. It's already 1st December and until the amount won't get matured, I can't get the CAS letter from the university.
I wanted to know what could be the alternative solution for this issue? My university is going to start the classes 20th January 2020. I haven't dropped the visa yet since I don't have my CAS letter with me.
Please do the needful. I don't understand what to do.

sah10406
Diamond Member

Re: Regarding university fees and visa process.

Post by sah10406 » Mon Dec 02, 2019 9:22 am

shubhamraj wrote:
Sun Dec 01, 2019 5:48 pm
I wanted to know what could be the alternative solution for this issue? My university is going to start the classes 20th January 2020. I haven't dropped the visa yet since I don't have my CAS letter with me.
Please do the needful. I don't understand what to do.
Defer your studies to January 2021?
I do not give immigration advice. I refer you to Immigration Rules, guidance, other online content and to your sponsor.

shubhamraj
Newly Registered
India

Post by shubhamraj » Tue Dec 03, 2019 9:15 am

If deferring was the alternate solution, I wouldn't have signed up here! I came here in seek of help. :)

sah10406
Diamond Member

Post by sah10406 » Tue Dec 03, 2019 9:21 am

As you say, you will need evidence of the money in time to get the CAS and make the application. if you don't have that, it seems deferral is the only alternative.
I do not give immigration advice. I refer you to Immigration Rules, guidance, other online content and to your sponsor.