ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Student Visa validity - Sit/ Resit of without Residence

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

jobs4avinash
Newly Registered
India

Student Visa validity - Sit/ Resit of without Residence

Post by jobs4avinash » Tue Jan 18, 2022 11:52 pm

My cousin course was suppose to be completed by September 2021, however due to un-foreseen circumstances could not write one of the examination. So university has gave him Resit option by June 2022, But current status on University student record was displaying as "SIT/RESIT of without Residence". His current BRP validity is till January 2023.

So my concern is whether I can travel to my home country for holiday and return to UK or not by May 2022 ?

Does UK border raises any concern on this ?

sah10406
Diamond Member

Re: Student Visa validity - Sit/ Resit of without Residence

Post by sah10406 » Wed Jan 19, 2022 12:52 pm

jobs4avinash wrote:
Tue Jan 18, 2022 11:52 pm
So my concern is whether I can travel to my home country for holiday and return to UK or not by May 2022 ?

Why would your cousin's situation affect whether you can travel?
I do not give immigration advice. I refer you to Immigration Rules, guidance, other online content and to your sponsor.

jobs4avinash
Newly Registered
India

Post by jobs4avinash » Thu Feb 03, 2022 10:52 am

My mistake typo error , My question should be like this

My cousin course was suppose to be completed by September 2021, however due to un-foreseen circumstances could not write one of the examination. So university has gave him Resit option by June 2022, But current status on University student record was displaying as "SIT/RESIT of without Residence". His current BRP validity is till January 2023.

So my concern is whether he can travel to his home country for holiday and return to UK or not by May 2022 ?

sah10406
Diamond Member

Post by sah10406 » Thu Feb 03, 2022 11:08 am

jobs4avinash wrote:
Thu Feb 03, 2022 10:52 am
So my concern is whether he can travel to his home country for holiday and return to UK or not by May 2022 ?
Your cousin needs to speak to the university urgently, although I find it hard to believe that he has not already done so. It is highly likely that the university has notified the Home Office about him not attending for this period, and hence his Student visa will be (or maybe has already been) curtailed and he needs to leave the UK.

The university can also advise on his options for returning to his studies in June, including whether he can apply for a new Student visa to return to continue his studies.
I do not give immigration advice. I refer you to Immigration Rules, guidance, other online content and to your sponsor.

acloudguru
Newly Registered

Post by acloudguru » Fri Mar 11, 2022 3:36 am

jobs4avinash wrote:
Tue Jan 18, 2022 11:52 pm

Hvae you gotten any reply on this, as my friend is experiencing same thing at the moment