ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 4 (Student Visa) Dependent Application

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

psg_6284
Newly Registered
India

Tier 4 (Student Visa) Dependent Application

Post by psg_6284 » Sun Sep 27, 2020 1:00 pm

Hi,
I'm completing my 5 years in UK on Tier 2 ICT Long term visa which expires in Nov 2020. I'm with my family (wife and a child) .

My wife has got an offer to study in the UK , and she has a CAS issued by the University. The Academic level of the course is QCF_NQF7.

My wife has made a Tier 4 (Student) visa application in July to switch from her current Tier 2 Dependant leave to Tier 4 Student leave from within UK under paragraph 4.1 of the Covid-19: Guidance for Tier 4 Sponsors and Migrants and for Short-term Students Temporary concessions in response to Covid19. The decision is still pending for this application.

Myself & my child are still under Tier 2 visa that expires in Nov, and we would need to switch to Tier 4 dependent.

Based on this, my question is , Can I apply for the Tier 4 dependent visa while the decision is still pending for the Main applicant.

Regards,

KIRANPURABIA
Newly Registered
India

Re: Tier 4 (Student Visa) Dependent Application

Post by KIRANPURABIA » Tue Oct 06, 2020 10:39 am

Hello psg_6248,

I am in the similar situation as well. I have applied early september and submitted my wife biometric through IDV app in mid Septemeber and am still waiting for a decision and like you wondering if I should add my application to my wife in-process existing Tier 4(General) application as my visa ends early Nov.

If you don't mind, can you please share date when your wife submitted her biometrics through IDV or in-person and if you got your visa decision yet? Just to get idea on timelines.

All the very best to you and your family.

KIRANPURABIA
Newly Registered
India

Re: Tier 4 (Student Visa) Dependent Application

Post by KIRANPURABIA » Tue Oct 06, 2020 10:40 am

Hello psg_6248,

I am in the similar situation as well. I have applied early september and submitted my wife biometric through IDV app in mid Septemeber and am still waiting for a decision and like you wondering if I should add my application to my wife in-process existing Tier 4(General) application as my visa ends early Nov.

If you don't mind, can you please share date when your wife submitted her biometrics through IDV or in-person and if you got your visa decision yet? Just to get idea on timelines.

All the very best to you and your family.