ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

VISA DELAY . Not Arrived yet

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

applelover
Newly Registered

VISA DELAY . Not Arrived yet

Post by applelover » Sat Jan 07, 2012 10:37 pm

Hi
I applied for Tier 4 Student visa from a HIGHLY Trusted college on 14th Oct 2011.The money was deducted on 19th oct 2011 , biomatric letter received on 30oct and biomatrics was done through post office on 2nd Nov 2011.

Since then i have not heard anything from home office .I have to go back to my country for something important . I called home-office but they said they cannot do anything unless its more than 6 months. Anyone else having the same problem? anyone can help what to do to rapid the process up .

thank you

GB09

Post by GB09 » Fri Jan 20, 2012 3:40 pm

I don't think you can do anything. Normally it would take around 14 weeks after you have done biometrics in uk.

applelover
Newly Registered

Post by applelover » Thu Jan 26, 2012 9:35 pm

GB09 wrote:I don't think you can do anything. Normally it would take around 14 weeks after you have done biometrics in uk.
Thanks . But what if it dose not arrives after 14 weeks as next week is my 14th week. Any suggestion as i really need it back .
thanks

GB09

Post by GB09 » Fri Jan 27, 2012 2:37 pm

applelover wrote:
GB09 wrote:I don't think you can do anything. Normally it would take around 14 weeks after you have done biometrics in uk.
Thanks . But what if it dose not arrives after 14 weeks as next week is my 14th week. Any suggestion as i really need it back .
thanks
Well, if you have applied through your university, let the university know about your situation. If you have applied on your own, you need to contact home office

Good luck.

applelover
Newly Registered

Post by applelover » Sun Jan 29, 2012 2:09 pm

thank you for the reply.

I have applied by my own as i always did. But it was fine before. I contacted home office , wrote letter to them 10 days ago .One of the person told me that UKBA tried to send me something on 13th December but he couldnt track it . Later other people said they cannot tell me or find the information regarding the documentation ukba tried to send me .My all classmates got their documents and visa back. Home office is not helping at all as u must know. What is the other way of asking for a quick outcome of my docments . Where else can i write an application or make a call . I am a genuine student , not bogus at all as i have a clear history of studying. How can i request them to kindly send me my documents back soon with UKBA deciison .

thank you

GB09 wrote:
applelover wrote:
thanks
Well, if you have applied through your university, let the university know about your situation. If you have applied on your own, you need to contact home office

Good luck.

Greenie
Respected Guru

Post by Greenie » Sun Jan 29, 2012 2:12 pm

speak to your university/college. they should have an advisor there who can contact the UKBA on your behalf.

applelover
Newly Registered

Post by applelover » Mon Feb 06, 2012 1:59 am

Greenie wrote:speak to your university/college. they should have an advisor there who can contact the UKBA on your behalf.

I have applied in Oct , did my Biomatrics on 2/11/2011 . Its been more than 3 months i havent heard anything form UKBA,
I wrote to them , i wrote to MP , etc in the end they just send me a letter that they will forward my request to the relavent department etc
I told my college but they said that they cannot write to UKBA because it is not legal .
Can u kindly suggest me what really should i do as i really need some advice as i need my passport and documents back soon ...

Thank u