ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

After a successful tier 5 administrative review how long does it take to hear 'the next steps' of when to post passport?

Only for UK Tier 5 (Temporary work) points system
Also includes the Youth Mobility Scheme Tier 5

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

LauFranc
Newly Registered
Brazil

Am I supposed to receive a confirmation notice from immigration after sending an Administrative Review?

Post by LauFranc » Wed Feb 20, 2019 4:44 pm

Hello! I am Brazilian and currently waiting to hear the response of my Tier 2 work visa for UK after it was refused on January 29th.
I applied for an administrative review and that was emailed on January 30th. I have not received any confirmation from immigration to state they have received my application and I have been waiting 3 weeks now and haven't received an answer either. The website says it can take up to 28 days so I will be expecting it within the next week and hope it arrives! I am just slightly concerned if I was supposed to have confirmation they have actually received it and have started the process. Some guidance would be really appreciated, thank you!

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Am I supposed to receive a confirmation notice from immigration after sending an Administrative Review?

Post by CR001 » Wed Feb 20, 2019 4:45 pm

What were the reasons for the refusal??
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

LauFranc
Newly Registered
Brazil

Re: Am I supposed to receive a confirmation notice from immigration after sending an Administrative Review?

Post by LauFranc » Wed Feb 20, 2019 5:10 pm

CR001 wrote:
Wed Feb 20, 2019 4:45 pm
What were the reasons for the refusal??
Thanks for your reply! Reason for refusal was 'Status of COS is withdrawn'
I had a work permit last year for September + October so that was withdrawn after use. But I have a valid COS for an upcoming contract which was sent with application and already on the system also. No idea why it got refused all the correct paperwork is there.
Thank you!

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Feb 20, 2019 5:12 pm

When did your new sponsor issue your new Cos?

By work permit, do you mean a tier 2 general visa??

And what do you mean by "contract" do you mean job offer or....?
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Feb 20, 2019 5:24 pm

Could you post the exact visa refusal wording from the letter, taking out any personal details.

Also, have you spoken to your new tier 2 sponsor and if so, what do they say?
Char (CR001 not Casa)

LauFranc
Newly Registered
Brazil

Post by LauFranc » Wed Feb 20, 2019 5:28 pm

CR001 wrote:
Wed Feb 20, 2019 5:12 pm
When did your new sponsor issue your new Cos?

By work permit, do you mean a tier 2 general visa??

And what do you mean by "contract" do you mean job offer or....?
Hello,
Sorry, my mistake! I am in process of completing a Tier 5 work visa for this year. I'm not sure when the sponsor issued the new Cos but the assigned date on my new Cos is 28th December 2018. My appointment was on January 9th and I received refusal on January 29th.

I had a Tier 5 visa for less than 3 months between August and October 2019 which is now not valid as I completed my work on that visa.

And yes I have a job offer for this year which I am waiting for the administrative review for.

LauFranc
Newly Registered
Brazil

Post by LauFranc » Wed Feb 20, 2019 6:09 pm

CR001 wrote:
Wed Feb 20, 2019 5:24 pm
Could you post the exact visa refusal wording from the letter, taking out any personal details.

Also, have you spoken to your new tier 2 sponsor and if so, what do they say?
Unfortunately I don't have the refusal, my sponsor has it but I was informed it was refused just for not having a valid Cos.
I have been speaking with them and this is their first time for an administrative review so they are quite unsure of this process also.
We are waiting the full 28 days like advised, but I am curious if we were supposed to receive confirmation after emailing the administrative review because we haven't heard anything.
Thank you for your help!

LauFranc
Newly Registered
Brazil

Who can I contact to find out if immigration have recieved my Administrative Review?

Post by LauFranc » Wed Feb 20, 2019 10:03 pm

I am Brazilian, my Tier 5 work visa was refused on Jan 29th and I applied for an administrative review on Jan 30th. I have not received any acknowledgement of this request and as I have been waiting 3 weeks already I am getting worried. Does anyone have advice on this situation? Or a good email address to contact specificly for administrative review outside the UK.
Thanks!

LauFranc
Newly Registered
Brazil

After a successful tier 5 administrative review how long does it take to hear 'the next steps' of when to post passport?

Post by LauFranc » Fri Mar 01, 2019 3:13 am

I recieved a positive response after my Administrative Review for my Tier 5 visa, I have been told now that I will hear from the team in Sheffield as to what to do next with posting my passport. They have given no time frame as to how long this should take? Can anyone tell me please how long it normally takes to hear from them? Thank you!

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: After a successful tier 5 administrative review how long does it take to hear 'the next steps' of when to post passp

Post by CR001 » Fri Mar 01, 2019 9:09 am

It can sometimes take up to three months.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

LauFranc
Newly Registered
Brazil

Re: After a successful tier 5 administrative review how long does it take to hear 'the next steps' of when to post passp

Post by LauFranc » Fri Mar 08, 2019 11:51 pm

CR001 wrote:
Fri Mar 01, 2019 9:09 am
It can sometimes take up to three months.
Thanks for your response- I've been waiting 2 weeks and haven't heard anything, I have a job waiting for me and really concerned about how long the process is taking. Do you know if there's anyway I can contact them to ask if I can send the visa? I could really use some advice please! Thanks

shingy
Newly Registered
Zimbabwe

Post by shingy » Tue Apr 02, 2019 8:23 pm

Have you got any response yet? If so can you please share your timeline :)