Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Delay in Tier5 UK Visa

Only for UK Tier 5 (Temporary work) points system
Also includes the Youth Mobility Scheme Tier 5

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, Zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, sbrennan

anandankita06
Newly Registered
Posts: 1
Joined: Fri Aug 25, 2017 5:02 pm
India

Delay in Tier5 UK Visa

Post by anandankita06 » Sun Aug 27, 2017 3:08 pm

Hi Application No: GWF reference: GWFxxxxxxxx
My name is Ankita xxxxxx, I am Indian by nationality i am not sure whether i am directing my query to the right department, however I am in a trouble and really need an urgent help. I applied my Tier5 UK visa on priority as I was suppose to join my classes from 14th Aug 2017,it been a month I haven't receive any status till date just a mail stating that my visa is not straightforward without any reasons stated.My career is on stake as none of the department from India or UK is not ready to provide any info I have already reached out the team in UK and escalated to VFS India but only a response I am getting is my application is under process. I would really request to please direct my mail to a correct team or pls provide me with my application details as its only for a yr course and it doesn't make sense to get the visa after 3 months or 6 months as I am paying for my full year course and also not getting paid as I was about to get my paid internship with HSBC Canary Wharf. I have already spent a lot in whole recruitment process and for visa application.
So I would really need a help it's a humble request.

Regards
Ankita

User avatar
Casa
Moderator
Posts: 22303
Joined: Wed Jul 23, 2008 2:32 pm
Great Britain

Re: Delay in Tier5 UK Visa

Post by Casa » Sun Aug 27, 2017 3:16 pm

Have you applied under Tier 5 (Temporary worker- government authorised exchange) :?:
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

T5advice
Newly Registered
Posts: 17
Joined: Fri Aug 04, 2017 1:48 pm

Re: Delay in Tier5 UK Visa

Post by T5advice » Mon Aug 28, 2017 6:56 am

Hi Ankita,

Sorry to hear about that. I am in the exact same situation as you. I applied for a Tier 5 GAE on 13th of july and today its been 33 working days and still i havent recieved my decision. The only thing happened is that i got an email on 17th August stating that my application is not straightforward. I am not sure what is causing this delay as this wait is so annoying. I am not sure if someone has got a quick decision recently as it is taking very long nowadays.

onbir1111
Newly Registered
Posts: 2
Joined: Thu Sep 14, 2017 8:30 am
Turkey

Re: Delay in Tier5 UK Visa

Post by onbir1111 » Thu Sep 14, 2017 8:44 am

Did you receive any news??
I am in the same position, applied for a tier 5 (gae), received a process not straightforward message on 16th of August. Escalated on 21st August & 9th September, still not even an update... waiting!

T5advice
Newly Registered
Posts: 17
Joined: Fri Aug 04, 2017 1:48 pm

Re: Delay in Tier5 UK Visa

Post by T5advice » Thu Sep 14, 2017 8:57 am

onbir1111 wrote:
Thu Sep 14, 2017 8:44 am
Did you receive any news??
I am in the same position, applied for a tier 5 (gae), received a process not straightforward message on 16th of August. Escalated on 21st August & 9th September, still not even an update... waiting!
Hello,

No response yet. Its 45th working day for me. When did you apply and from where?

onbir1111
Newly Registered
Posts: 2
Joined: Thu Sep 14, 2017 8:30 am
Turkey

Re: Delay in Tier5 UK Visa

Post by onbir1111 » Mon Sep 18, 2017 10:12 pm

I applied from Istanbul
biometrics was taken : 17 July
visa process not straightforward msg received: 16 August
escalated : 21 August & 9 September

still nothing, no update or final decision:(

T5advice
Newly Registered
Posts: 17
Joined: Fri Aug 04, 2017 1:48 pm

Re: Delay in Tier5 UK Visa

Post by T5advice » Thu Sep 28, 2017 11:37 am

onbir1111 wrote:
Mon Sep 18, 2017 10:12 pm
I applied from Istanbul
biometrics was taken : 17 July
visa process not straightforward msg received: 16 August
escalated : 21 August & 9 September

still nothing, no update or final decision:(
Hey Onbir,

Any luck with the decision?

Shiloh77
Newly Registered
Posts: 3
Joined: Wed Nov 29, 2017 2:57 am
Philippines

Re: Delay in Tier5 UK Visa

Post by Shiloh77 » Wed Nov 29, 2017 3:42 am

Hi,
Anyone has experienced delays on their Tier 5 visa application? Mine has been delayed for more than 3 months now. 🙁

T5VTr
Newly Registered
Posts: 6
Joined: Sun Jan 07, 2018 1:52 pm
Turkey

Re: Delay in Tier5 UK Visa

Post by T5VTr » Sun Jan 07, 2018 2:11 pm

Hello,
I applied for Tier 5 visa on 23th of November. I got a mail on 24th november; the mail said your application is arrived. and then I got a mail again on 30th november, Unfortunately, the processing of your application has not been straightforward. Im still waiting for decisions made... my internship will start 22 january

T5VTr
Newly Registered
Posts: 6
Joined: Sun Jan 07, 2018 1:52 pm
Turkey

Re: Delay in Tier5 UK Visa

Post by T5VTr » Mon Jan 08, 2018 11:22 am

onbir1111 wrote:
Mon Sep 18, 2017 10:12 pm
I applied from Istanbul
biometrics was taken : 17 July
visa process not straightforward msg received: 16 August
escalated : 21 August & 9 September

still nothing, no update or final decision:(
Foreign language text removed by moderator

User avatar
CR001
Moderator
Posts: 44211
Joined: Thu Mar 08, 2012 10:55 pm
Location: London
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Delay in Tier5 UK Visa

Post by CR001 » Mon Jan 08, 2018 12:53 pm

T5VTr wrote:
Mon Jan 08, 2018 11:22 am
Foreign language text removed by moderator
The language for the forum is English only. Kindly refrain from posting in another language.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

varunchauhan
Newly Registered
Posts: 3
Joined: Fri Jan 12, 2018 4:36 am
India

Re: Delay in Tier5 UK Visa

Post by varunchauhan » Fri Jan 12, 2018 4:40 am

anandankita06 wrote:
Sun Aug 27, 2017 3:08 pm
Hi Application No: GWF reference: GWFxxxxxxxx
My name is Ankita xxxxxx, I am Indian by nationality i am not sure whether i am directing my query to the right department, however I am in a trouble and really need an urgent help. I applied my Tier5 UK visa on priority as I was suppose to join my classes from 14th Aug 2017,it been a month I haven't receive any status till date just a mail stating that my visa is not straightforward without any reasons stated.My career is on stake as none of the department from India or UK is not ready to provide any info I have already reached out the team in UK and escalated to VFS India but only a response I am getting is my application is under process. I would really request to please direct my mail to a correct team or pls provide me with my application details as its only for a yr course and it doesn't make sense to get the visa after 3 months or 6 months as I am paying for my full year course and also not getting paid as I was about to get my paid internship with HSBC Canary Wharf. I have already spent a lot in whole recruitment process and for visa application.
So I would really need a help it's a humble request.

Regards
Ankita
Hello,

I have also applied for tier 5 GAE visa,it has been over 2 months already. I am quite confused with the time frame. Could you kindly let me know how long your visa finally took, so that at least I may have a realistic time frame.
Thanks in advance.

T5VTr
Newly Registered
Posts: 6
Joined: Sun Jan 07, 2018 1:52 pm
Turkey

Re: Delay in Tier5 UK Visa

Post by T5VTr » Tue Jan 16, 2018 9:05 pm

varunchauhan wrote:
Fri Jan 12, 2018 4:40 am
anandankita06 wrote:
Sun Aug 27, 2017 3:08 pm
Hi Application No: GWF reference: GWFxxxxxxxx
My name is Ankita xxxxxx, I am Indian by nationality i am not sure whether i am directing my query to the right department, however I am in a trouble and really need an urgent help. I applied my Tier5 UK visa on priority as I was suppose to join my classes from 14th Aug 2017,it been a month I haven't receive any status till date just a mail stating that my visa is not straightforward without any reasons stated.My career is on stake as none of the department from India or UK is not ready to provide any info I have already reached out the team in UK and escalated to VFS India but only a response I am getting is my application is under process. I would really request to please direct my mail to a correct team or pls provide me with my application details as its only for a yr course and it doesn't make sense to get the visa after 3 months or 6 months as I am paying for my full year course and also not getting paid as I was about to get my paid internship with HSBC Canary Wharf. I have already spent a lot in whole recruitment process and for visa application.
So I would really need a help it's a humble request.

Regards
Ankita
Hello,

I have also applied for tier 5 GAE visa,it has been over 2 months already. I am quite confused with the time frame. Could you kindly let me know how long your visa finally took, so that at least I may have a realistic time frame.
Thanks in advance.
When you applied? I applied tier5 visa on 23th november. Still waiting:/

nic94ole
Newly Registered
Posts: 6
Joined: Tue Oct 31, 2017 10:23 pm
Singapore

Re: Delay in Tier5 UK Visa

Post by nic94ole » Sat Jan 20, 2018 12:04 pm

Guys

We can console each other
I’m in the same situation. Applied on 22 Dec from Singapore with Priority for Tier 5 GAE. Its been 18 working days...

Escalated decision on 16th day and as told that “We are continuing to work on your application and aim to make a decision as soon as possible.”

tier5creative
Newly Registered
Posts: 3
Joined: Fri Nov 24, 2017 2:17 pm
Indonesia

Re: Delay in Tier5 UK Visa

Post by tier5creative » Wed Jan 24, 2018 8:29 am

nic94ole wrote:
Sat Jan 20, 2018 12:04 pm
Guys

We can console each other
I’m in the same situation. Applied on 22 Dec from Singapore with Priority for Tier 5 GAE. Its been 18 working days...

Escalated decision on 16th day and as told that “We are continuing to work on your application and aim to make a decision as soon as possible.”
Hey nic94ole, any luck so far? About to submit a Tier 5 GAE priority visa application from Indonesia so would love to hear of a comparable experience.. Good luck with your application and fingers crossed :)

nic94ole
Newly Registered
Posts: 6
Joined: Tue Oct 31, 2017 10:23 pm
Singapore

Re: Delay in Tier5 UK Visa

Post by nic94ole » Wed Jan 24, 2018 6:11 pm

tier5creative wrote:
Wed Jan 24, 2018 8:29 am
nic94ole wrote:
Sat Jan 20, 2018 12:04 pm
Guys

We can console each other
I’m in the same situation. Applied on 22 Dec from Singapore with Priority for Tier 5 GAE. Its been 18 working days...

Escalated decision on 16th day and as told that “We are continuing to work on your application and aim to make a decision as soon as possible.”
Hey nic94ole, any luck so far? About to submit a Tier 5 GAE priority visa application from Indonesia so would love to hear of a comparable experience.. Good luck with your application and fingers crossed :)
Hi, no news so far...any one else can give a rough timeline of theirs?

varunchauhan
Newly Registered
Posts: 3
Joined: Fri Jan 12, 2018 4:36 am
India

Re: Delay in Tier5 UK Visa

Post by varunchauhan » Tue Feb 13, 2018 2:35 pm

hello everyone,

has anyone on this thread received their visa?? I had applied for a tier 5 GAE visa. Its been 50 working days and have not yet received any communication from them. I have escalated the application 3 times already and have received nothing, but a standard response, stating that application is under process.
Can anyone help me out by providing the time it took in order to receive the visa.

best reagrds

nic94ole
Newly Registered
Posts: 6
Joined: Tue Oct 31, 2017 10:23 pm
Singapore

Re: Delay in Tier5 UK Visa

Post by nic94ole » Tue Feb 13, 2018 5:36 pm

Hi varunchauhan

Same here I’m at 37 days! They told me there are some checks they need to undergo
varunchauhan wrote:
Tue Feb 13, 2018 2:35 pm
hello everyone,

has anyone on this thread received their visa?? I had applied for a tier 5 GAE visa. Its been 50 working days and have not yet received any communication from them. I have escalated the application 3 times already and have received nothing, but a standard response, stating that application is under process.
Can anyone help me out by providing the time it took in order to receive the visa.

best reagrds

varunchauhan
Newly Registered
Posts: 3
Joined: Fri Jan 12, 2018 4:36 am
India

Re: Delay in Tier5 UK Visa

Post by varunchauhan » Tue Feb 20, 2018 11:51 am

Hi, Any update. ?? I am really having a lot of difficulty due to this delay.
nic94ole wrote:
Tue Feb 13, 2018 5:36 pm
Hi varunchauhan

Same here I’m at 37 days! They told me there are some checks they need to undergo
varunchauhan wrote:
Tue Feb 13, 2018 2:35 pm
hello everyone,

has anyone on this thread received their visa?? I had applied for a tier 5 GAE visa. Its been 50 working days and have not yet received any communication from them. I have escalated the application 3 times already and have received nothing, but a standard response, stating that application is under process.
Can anyone help me out by providing the time it took in order to receive the visa.

best reagrds

nic94ole
Newly Registered
Posts: 6
Joined: Tue Oct 31, 2017 10:23 pm
Singapore

Re: Delay in Tier5 UK Visa

Post by nic94ole » Fri Feb 23, 2018 12:55 pm

No update. You are not alone

Post Reply