ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Pregnancy/reentering with a baby T5

Only for UK Tier 5 (Temporary work) points system
Also includes the Youth Mobility Scheme Tier 5

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

melanieroze
Newly Registered
Australia

Pregnancy/reentering with a baby T5

Post by melanieroze » Sat Apr 11, 2020 11:03 am

Hi All,

My husband and I are both here on T5 visas (Australians). Currently pregnant beyond flying safety point and are wondering if or how we would go about after the baby is born and flight restrictions are lowered if we flew back to Australia for family to meet the baby then came back to the UK to finish the last few months of our T5 visa what visa the baby would enter on?

Thank you!

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Pregnancy/reentering with a baby T5

Post by CR001 » Sat Apr 11, 2020 11:10 am

Which category tier 5 do you hold??

If a Tier 5 YMS, the visa doesn't permit dependents as far as I understand.

https://www.gov.uk/tier-5-youth-mobility
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

melanieroze
Newly Registered
Australia

Post by melanieroze » Sat Apr 11, 2020 11:22 am

we are on the tier 5 youth mobility visa, Thats correct about the entering conditions to gain the visa that you can not enter with a dependent however it doesn't stipulate you have to leave if you fall pregnant while here (we've checked). Unplanned pregnancy with complications + covid have meant it is unsafe for us to fly anyway however we are definitely looking to finish our time here so just wondering if anyone may know of how we will be able to reenter with baby!?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Apr 11, 2020 11:41 am

I would suggest you plan to only leave the UK when your visa expires.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

ALKB
Respected Guru
Germany

Post by ALKB » Sat Aug 08, 2020 7:48 am

melanieroze wrote:
Sat Apr 11, 2020 11:22 am
we are on the tier 5 youth mobility visa, Thats correct about the entering conditions to gain the visa that you can not enter with a dependent however it doesn't stipulate you have to leave if you fall pregnant while here (we've checked). Unplanned pregnancy with complications + covid have meant it is unsafe for us to fly anyway however we are definitely looking to finish our time here so just wondering if anyone may know of how we will be able to reenter with baby!?
You should also be aware that your baby is only eligible for three months free access to the NHS, if you have not obtained a visa for your baby within that time, you will be invoiced for any services your baby might need from the age of three months onward:

"Children born in the UK to those here lawfully for more than 6 months

If you give birth to a child in the UK, your child will be entitled to free NHS hospital treatment in England on the same basis as someone who's ordinarily resident.

Your child is covered until 3 months of age, but only if they didn't leave the UK during that period.

You'll also need to meet one of the below criteria:

you have a valid visa of more than 6 months and paid the surcharge for that visa
you have a valid visa for more than 6 months, but were exempt from paying the surcharge
you have a valid visa for more than 6 months, which you applied for prior to April 6 2015

You should apply for a visa for your child during the 3-month period after your child's birth.

If required, you may have to pay the surcharge for your child. Failure to do so means you may be charged for NHS services provided for your child after the 3-month period.
"

Source:

https://www.nhs.uk/using-the-nhs/nhs-se ... -area-eea/
I am not a regulated immigration advisor. I am offering an opinion and not advice.

ALKB
Respected Guru
Germany

Post by ALKB » Sat Aug 08, 2020 7:51 am

melanieroze wrote:
Sat Apr 11, 2020 11:22 am
we are on the tier 5 youth mobility visa, Thats correct about the entering conditions to gain the visa that you can not enter with a dependent however it doesn't stipulate you have to leave if you fall pregnant while here (we've checked).
Apparently, UK-born children can indeed be added as dependents:

"If you have a child while you’re in the UK

If you have children while you’re in the UK, you can apply online to add them to your visa as your dependant.

You must do this if you want to travel in and out of the UK with them.

You’ll need to provide a full UK birth certificate for each child, showing the names of both parents.
"

https://www.gov.uk/tier-5-youth-mobility/apply
I am not a regulated immigration advisor. I am offering an opinion and not advice.