Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to!

Login Register Do not show

Switching from tier 5 (GAE) dependent to tier 5 (GAE)

Only for UK Tier 5 (Temporary work) points system
Also includes the Youth Mobility Scheme Tier 5

Moderators: Casa, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, Zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, push

Newly Registered
Posts: 1
Joined: Fri Nov 29, 2019 11:54 am

Switching from tier 5 (GAE) dependent to tier 5 (GAE)

Post by yasaswi » Fri Nov 29, 2019 12:05 pm

My husband is currently in UK with me on dependent VISA as I am on a tier 5 (GAE) VISA. He is offered a place from a UK uni for post doc training and eligible for Tier 5 (GAE) VISA now. Can he switch while in UK?

User avatar
Posts: 80169
Joined: Thu Mar 08, 2012 10:55 pm
Location: London
South Africa

Re: Switching from tier 5 (GAE) dependent to tier 5 (GAE)

Post by CR001 » Sat Nov 30, 2019 7:42 pm

He cannot switch within the UK. He needs to apply from home country. ... -this-visa
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.