ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 5 Visa and Traveling Before

Only for UK Tier 5 (Temporary work) points system
Also includes the Youth Mobility Scheme Tier 5

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

mshanga
Newly Registered

Tier 5 Visa and Traveling Before

Post by mshanga » Mon Mar 02, 2015 9:52 pm

Hello!

I'm planning on using the company BUNAC to gain Tier 5 work visa sponsorship for an unpaid internship that I've secured for this upcoming September in London. I also have plans to travel with my family in the U.K. in August, and I'm worried about the legality of the work visa start date and how that would interact with my travel plans. Am I legally allowed to travel in the U.K. before my visa entry date (once my visa has been approved) if this travel is for tourist purposes only? Furthermore do I need to leave the country and then re-enter on the date my visa specifies? If so can I travel to a close by European country and then just re-enter the U.K. for this purpose?

Thanks!

Frontier Mole
Respected Guru

Re: Tier 5 Visa and Traveling Before

Post by Frontier Mole » Wed Mar 04, 2015 9:59 am

The scheme operated by BUNAC is suspect to say the least. I would be more worried about them still being licensed come September....
As for continuous leave from visitor visa into tier 5, officially the visa has to be activated at port on entry. So you should really leave and renter. You can do the day trip to France routine and ensure that your passport gets and entry stamp.

mshanga
Newly Registered

Post by mshanga » Tue Jun 23, 2015 3:20 am

BUNAC may not be the best company, but they certainly have supported me throughout the visa process and I now have my visa through their sponsorship! I know several individuals who have used BUNAC over many years, and so far they've had no issues. Thanks for your reply though :)

tier5creative
Newly Registered
Indonesia

Post by tier5creative » Thu Jan 25, 2018 6:26 am

Frontier Mole wrote:
Wed Mar 04, 2015 9:59 am
The scheme operated by BUNAC is suspect to say the least. I would be more worried about them still being licensed come September....
As for continuous leave from visitor visa into tier 5, officially the visa has to be activated at port on entry. So you should really leave and renter. You can do the day trip to France routine and ensure that your passport gets and entry stamp.
Hi there, I'm about to apply for a visa through this scheme so would just like to know your opinion on why you think BUNAC is suspect? Thank you