Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

*urgent* Bank statements for YMS (Tier 5 visa)

Only for UK Tier 5 (Temporary work) points system
Also includes the Youth Mobility Scheme Tier 5

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, Zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

kortz91
Newly Registered
Posts: 6
Joined: Thu Jan 31, 2019 3:51 am
Australia

*urgent* Bank statements for YMS (Tier 5 visa)

Post by kortz91 » Tue Feb 05, 2019 2:27 am

Hi guys,

This is a long shot, I know. But I went to my bank today to ask for a bank statement showing I have sufficient funds in both my savings accounts, and what they gave me was just statements for the 6 month period between June and November 2018 and obviously this doesn't have the closing balance as of today's date :x

Does anyone know if a Proof of Funds report and a letter from my bank confirming the closing balance as at today's date will be sufficient or do i definitely need a bank statement?

Thanks in advance!

sah10406
Diamond Member
Posts: 2355
Joined: Sun Apr 20, 2008 10:09 am

Re: *urgent* Bank statements for YMS (Tier 5 visa)

Post by sah10406 » Tue Feb 05, 2019 1:17 pm

Paragraph 1B of Appendix C of the immigration rules explains what evidence of your funds is acceptable:

(a) Personal bank or building society statements which ... must cover ... a single date within 31 days of the date of the application

(b) A building society pass book which ... must cover ... a single date within 31 days of the date of the application

(c) A letter from the applicant’s bank or building society ... which ... must confirm the level of funds and that they have been held for ... a single date within 31 days of the date of the application


https://www.gov.uk/guidance/immigration ... ance-funds
I do not give immigration advice. I refer you to Immigration Rules, guidance, other online content and to your sponsor.

kortz91
Newly Registered
Posts: 6
Joined: Thu Jan 31, 2019 3:51 am
Australia

Re: *urgent* Bank statements for YMS (Tier 5 visa)

Post by kortz91 » Wed Feb 06, 2019 2:10 am

sah10406 wrote:
Tue Feb 05, 2019 1:17 pm
Paragraph 1B of Appendix C of the immigration rules explains what evidence of your funds is acceptable:

(a) Personal bank or building society statements which ... must cover ... a single date within 31 days of the date of the application

(b) A building society pass book which ... must cover ... a single date within 31 days of the date of the application

(c) A letter from the applicant’s bank or building society ... which ... must confirm the level of funds and that they have been held for ... a single date within 31 days of the date of the application


https://www.gov.uk/guidance/immigration ... ance-funds
Thanks for that sah10406 :D

I went to a different branch and the printed off a statement and transaction listing which matched the criteria and I had them stamp and sign it :D so with those plus a Proof of Balance letter, i'll hopefully be ok :D

jodster888
Newly Registered
Posts: 5
Joined: Thu Feb 07, 2019 2:54 am
Australia

Re: *urgent* Bank statements for YMS (Tier 5 visa)

Post by jodster888 » Thu Feb 07, 2019 3:02 am

Hi,

My son just had his youth mobility visa rejected just because he submitted exactly what his bank gave him which was the same as you. A 6 month statement ending early November but shower a current balance that exceeded the amount required for the Visa. Rejected as the date was just 31 days out of the application date! He is devastated as needs to be there by March 6th for a big family event and wants to stay 4 months and do some bar work. We believe we have 2 options, apply for a review which we did last night or apply for a whole new visa with the costs attached. And as his visa was rejected he will get his health payment back but not for 6 weeks! Crazy system....Yes I called and spent the money to get no answers at all last night so decided to email for $10 and still no resolution as they just don’t read English! Good luck! Tripple check everything before you submit. And if anyone can advise me here on the review process v’s a new application I would appreciate it.

kortz91
Newly Registered
Posts: 6
Joined: Thu Jan 31, 2019 3:51 am
Australia

Re: *urgent* Bank statements for YMS (Tier 5 visa)

Post by kortz91 » Thu Feb 07, 2019 4:52 am

jodster888 wrote:
Thu Feb 07, 2019 3:02 am
Hi,

My son just had his youth mobility visa rejected just because he submitted exactly what his bank gave him which was the same as you. A 6 month statement ending early November but shower a current balance that exceeded the amount required for the Visa. Rejected as the date was just 31 days out of the application date! He is devastated as needs to be there by March 6th for a big family event and wants to stay 4 months and do some bar work. We believe we have 2 options, apply for a review which we did last night or apply for a whole new visa with the costs attached. And as his visa was rejected he will get his health payment back but not for 6 weeks! Crazy system....Yes I called and spent the money to get no answers at all last night so decided to email for $10 and still no resolution as they just don’t read English! Good luck! Tripple check everything before you submit. And if anyone can advise me here on the review process v’s a new application I would appreciate it.
Hi jodster888,

I'm really sorry to hear about your son's rejection!

From my research, there are two red flags i got from what you have mentioned:

1) There is a 6 month waiting period from the time that applies to the time that he can enter the UK (for example if he applied on 8 February 2019 the earliest he could enter the UK would be 8 August 2019).
2) What date was the statement stamped? I was overly cautious and made sure that the date it was stamped fell within the 31 day deadline and also made sure the transaction history was only from January 2019 and showed what my current balance was

jodster888
Newly Registered
Posts: 5
Joined: Thu Feb 07, 2019 2:54 am
Australia

Re: *urgent* Bank statements for YMS (Tier 5 visa)

Post by jodster888 » Thu Feb 07, 2019 7:58 am

Hi Kortz91

No with a Youth Mobility Visa you can enter as whenever you want. The visa is valid for 2 years and you can come and go as you please. We can reapply today and if its approved this time he can travel asap.

Our thoughts are we are not going to wait for the review as what I have read that can take a month to get an answer and then you have to send your passport back to the UK for the Visa to be applied....wait for it to come back to AU and in some cases that can take unto 6 months....Crazy!

If we apply again knowing what we know now, it hopefully will all be approved and done in 20 days.Then he can book his flight and off he goes! A lot of red tape IMHO and cost for a young guy wanting to earn a few pounds (or whatever the currency will be after BREXIT) and meet people in the hospitality industry in London for 4 months. He actually probably won’t earn what its cost him to get the visa! But thats what he wants to do and he might decide to stay longer as he can.

sah10406
Diamond Member
Posts: 2355
Joined: Sun Apr 20, 2008 10:09 am

Re: *urgent* Bank statements for YMS (Tier 5 visa)

Post by sah10406 » Thu Feb 07, 2019 8:54 am

jodster888 wrote:
Thu Feb 07, 2019 3:02 am
A 6 month statement ending early November but shower a current balance that exceeded the amount required for the Visa. Rejected as the date was just 31 days out of the application date!
I don't understand why he included the 6-month statement. It is not required and it may have confused the Entry Clearance Officer who was only looking for the closing balance on a single day within 31 days of the date of application.

From how you have phrased it, it is not clear to me whether the applicant or the ECO made an error counting the 31 days. If it was the applicant, there are no grounds for a review. If it was the ECO, I agree a new application will be quicker than a review of the decision. I strongly urge him to not add unnecessary documents to the application. The maintenance requirement for a Tier 5 YMS visa is the simplest of any visa application: the money must be held on just one day, no more than 31 days before the application date.
Last edited by sah10406 on Thu Feb 07, 2019 8:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
I do not give immigration advice. I refer you to Immigration Rules, guidance, other online content and to your sponsor.

sah10406
Diamond Member
Posts: 2355
Joined: Sun Apr 20, 2008 10:09 am

Re: *urgent* Bank statements for YMS (Tier 5 visa)

Post by sah10406 » Thu Feb 07, 2019 8:55 am

kortz91 wrote:
Thu Feb 07, 2019 4:52 am
1) There is a 6 month waiting period from the time that applies to the time that he can enter the UK (for example if he applied on 8 February 2019 the earliest he could enter the UK would be 8 August 2019).
Where are you reading this? I think you might be confusing two different matters.
I do not give immigration advice. I refer you to Immigration Rules, guidance, other online content and to your sponsor.

jodster888
Newly Registered
Posts: 5
Joined: Thu Feb 07, 2019 2:54 am
Australia

Re: *urgent* Bank statements for YMS (Tier 5 visa)

Post by jodster888 » Thu Feb 07, 2019 9:09 am

Thanks Sah10406

Your absolutely correct. It was really our fault as we provided them with a statement that was dated outside of the 31 days....but the statement did clearly state the current balance on the day we requested it which was actually 3 days after we submitted the visa application. The ECO clearly looked at the dates of the statement and decided it was not acceptable - even though it stated the closing balance on 3 January 2019 was XXXXX.

Reality is its going to be less stress to just submit a new application and knowing what we know now it should all be fine. I think waiting for the review will be pointless as they seem to stick to the process and don’t look for obvious answers in front of them although I was naughty and included a “current balance” document with the review email we sent:)

jodster888
Newly Registered
Posts: 5
Joined: Thu Feb 07, 2019 2:54 am
Australia

Re: *urgent* Bank statements for YMS (Tier 5 visa)

Post by jodster888 » Thu Feb 07, 2019 9:12 am

does anyone know if its worth paying the extra to get Express service with the UK visa?

sah10406
Diamond Member
Posts: 2355
Joined: Sun Apr 20, 2008 10:09 am

Re: *urgent* Bank statements for YMS (Tier 5 visa)

Post by sah10406 » Thu Feb 07, 2019 9:14 am

jodster888 wrote:
Thu Feb 07, 2019 9:09 am
It was really our fault as we provided them with a statement that was dated outside of the 31 days....but the statement did clearly state the current balance on the day we requested it which was actually 3 days after we submitted the visa application.
So it sounds like the evidence showed the balance more than 31 days before the date of application, and 3 days after it, but nothing in between. I do see why they couldn't accept that, but of course it is very annoying.
I do not give immigration advice. I refer you to Immigration Rules, guidance, other online content and to your sponsor.

jodster888
Newly Registered
Posts: 5
Joined: Thu Feb 07, 2019 2:54 am
Australia

Re: *urgent* Bank statements for YMS (Tier 5 visa)

Post by jodster888 » Thu Feb 07, 2019 10:46 am

yes it is. It gets worst!

Just went though the entire process again to apply for the Tier 5 YMV. All good except when it cam rot paying the IHSC (immigration health surcharge) we were charged AU$1140.00 :shock:

Last time it was only AU$544.00 and we need to wait 6 weeks for that refund :evil:

Can anyone explain this one?

User avatar
CR001
Moderator
Posts: 65441
Joined: Thu Mar 08, 2012 10:55 pm
Location: London
Mood:
South Africa

Re: *urgent* Bank statements for YMS (Tier 5 visa)

Post by CR001 » Thu Feb 07, 2019 11:00 am

jodster888 wrote:
Thu Feb 07, 2019 10:46 am
yes it is. It gets worst!

Just went though the entire process again to apply for the Tier 5 YMV. All good except when it cam rot paying the IHSC (immigration health surcharge) we were charged AU$1140.00 :shock:

Last time it was only AU$544.00 and we need to wait 6 weeks for that refund :evil:

Can anyone explain this one?
The IHS fees doubled on 8th January, see link below.

uk-tier-5-temporary-work-visas/update-i ... l#p1719892
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

kortz91
Newly Registered
Posts: 6
Joined: Thu Jan 31, 2019 3:51 am
Australia

Re: *urgent* Bank statements for YMS (Tier 5 visa)

Post by kortz91 » Fri Feb 08, 2019 3:17 am

sah10406 wrote:
Thu Feb 07, 2019 8:55 am
kortz91 wrote:
Thu Feb 07, 2019 4:52 am
1) There is a 6 month waiting period from the time that applies to the time that he can enter the UK (for example if he applied on 8 February 2019 the earliest he could enter the UK would be 8 August 2019).
Where are you reading this? I think you might be confusing two different matters.
I may have the wrong end of the stick, but I thought it meant the below (found https://www.gov.uk/tier-5-youth-mobility)

How long it will take
The earliest you can apply for a visa is 6 months before you travel.

Example
You can apply from 16 March if you plan to travel on 15 September.


If that's the case, please tell me :lol: :lol: :?

User avatar
CR001
Moderator
Posts: 65441
Joined: Thu Mar 08, 2012 10:55 pm
Location: London
Mood:
South Africa

Re: *urgent* Bank statements for YMS (Tier 5 visa)

Post by CR001 » Fri Feb 08, 2019 6:34 am

kortz91 wrote:
Fri Feb 08, 2019 3:17 am
sah10406 wrote:
Thu Feb 07, 2019 8:55 am
kortz91 wrote:
Thu Feb 07, 2019 4:52 am
1) There is a 6 month waiting period from the time that applies to the time that he can enter the UK (for example if he applied on 8 February 2019 the earliest he could enter the UK would be 8 August 2019).
Where are you reading this? I think you might be confusing two different matters.
I may have the wrong end of the stick, but I thought it meant the below (found https://www.gov.uk/tier-5-youth-mobility)

How long it will take
The earliest you can apply for a visa is 6 months before you travel.

Example
You can apply from 16 March if you plan to travel on 15 September.


If that's the case, please tell me :lol: :lol: :?
Wrong end of stick yes.

You can apply for a visa in advance but it does not say or requirement the visa holder to only enter the UK after 6 months once visa is granted. A person can enter anytime from the visa issue date.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

rebelicca
Newly Registered
Posts: 3
Joined: Thu Jun 13, 2019 11:35 am
Australia

Re: *urgent* Bank statements for YMS (Tier 5 visa)

Post by rebelicca » Thu Jun 13, 2019 11:37 am

I've applied for a Tier 5 Youth Mobility Visa to the UK from Australia. My application was submitted online on the 16th May 2019. I attended my Biometrics appointment on May 31 and am waiting to hear back (it's been just on 10 business days at this point).

HOWEVER, I'm freaking tf out because the bank statement I provided for evidence of funds had its final date and the sufficient amount on the 20th May 2019. This is 4 days after my application date, which I thought was fine, because all the officials guides on the UK Department of Visa and Immigration website state that the sufficient funds must be proven 'within 31 days of the application date' and 'no earlier than 31 days before the application date.' Am I right to interpret the ambiguous 'within 31 days of the application date' as within 31 days before or after, as no regulations say by this particular date?

More importantly, does anyone else have experience with this? I've heard of applications being rejected because the final bank statement date was more than 31 days before the application submission, but not within the 31 days after (also haven't heard of approval in this case either)

rebelicca
Newly Registered
Posts: 3
Joined: Thu Jun 13, 2019 11:35 am
Australia

Re: *urgent* Bank statements for YMS (Tier 5 visa)

Post by rebelicca » Thu Jun 13, 2019 11:39 am

Was your son's visa rejected on the grounds of the statement end date being outside 31 days before, or the current date being after the application? Did they specify and tell you?

sah10406
Diamond Member
Posts: 2355
Joined: Sun Apr 20, 2008 10:09 am

Re: *urgent* Bank statements for YMS (Tier 5 visa)

Post by sah10406 » Thu Jun 13, 2019 11:45 am

rebelicca wrote:
Thu Jun 13, 2019 11:37 am
Am I right to interpret the ambiguous 'within 31 days of the application date' as within 31 days before or after, as no regulations say by this particular date?
You must show you have the relevant amount of money on the date you applied. The evidence of this can be up to 31 days old. The evidence can be dated later, but if it is it must still show you had the money on the application date. It sounds like you did not.
I do not give immigration advice. I refer you to Immigration Rules, guidance, other online content and to your sponsor.

rebelicca
Newly Registered
Posts: 3
Joined: Thu Jun 13, 2019 11:35 am
Australia

Re: *urgent* Bank statements for YMS (Tier 5 visa)

Post by rebelicca » Thu Jun 13, 2019 8:39 pm

sah10406 wrote:
Thu Jun 13, 2019 11:45 am
rebelicca wrote:
Thu Jun 13, 2019 11:37 am
Am I right to interpret the ambiguous 'within 31 days of the application date' as within 31 days before or after, as no regulations say by this particular date?
You must show you have the relevant amount of money on the date you applied. The evidence of this can be up to 31 days old. The evidence can be dated later, but if it is it must still show you had the money on the application date. It sounds like you did not.


Hi sah10406, where does it say anywhere in official documentation 'on the date'?
All I keep seeing is 'within 31 days of the application' and dated 'no earlier than 31 days before,' which is ambiguous and seems to mean a 31 day window either side.

The amount of money in my account fluctuated during that time and I did not have the amount on the exact date of my application, however I did have it at other points in the period covered and by the final date, May 20.

sah10406
Diamond Member
Posts: 2355
Joined: Sun Apr 20, 2008 10:09 am

Re: *urgent* Bank statements for YMS (Tier 5 visa)

Post by sah10406 » Fri Jun 14, 2019 7:55 am

rebelicca wrote:
Thu Jun 13, 2019 8:39 pm
where does it say anywhere in official documentation 'on the date'?
All I keep seeing is 'within 31 days of the application' and dated 'no earlier than 31 days before,' which is ambiguous and seems to mean a 31 day window either side.
See my post above dated Tue Feb 05, 2019 1:17 pm which quotes the paragraph from the immigration rules.
I do not give immigration advice. I refer you to Immigration Rules, guidance, other online content and to your sponsor.

Post Reply
cron