ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

10yr visa ban - affect biz travel to US with existing visa?

USA immigration, green card questions:
Employment based Green Cards | H-1B visas | Family based Visas | Citizenship

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

thefourthrevelation
Newly Registered
India

10yr visa ban - affect biz travel to US with existing visa?

Post by thefourthrevelation » Mon Nov 06, 2017 7:54 am

Hi all,

I studied in the UK for Masters from 2007-2008 and then got a Post work study visa due to which I was in UK till 2010 doing odd jobs here and there. During this period, one night I got held for DUI post which a fine was fixed in UK court. I returned back to India in 2011, and there was a delay of my paying the fine once I was back in India for which a warrant was issued. Once I paid the fine by end of 2011 the warrant was revoked.

Cut to Sept 2017 and I applied for a UK tourist visa for 6 months, and the conviction question was wrongly answered as I mentioned that I had never been convicted (misunderstood over here as conviction implied going to jail or being arrested etc.) and the visa was denied for the first time. I reapplied mentioning this that I had wrongly understood, but this time they gave me a 10 year ban instead with the reason of deception.

Now currently I am contemplating talking to lawyers in the UK to see how I can get this ban lifted, as this can affect my future travel to all countries. I work with a prestigious IT firm currently and a lot of travel opportunities keep arising, so I want to ensure that this ban doesn't hamper them in any way. One such opportunity has come up which includes a quick 6 week travel to the US of A, and I have a 10 year valid US business visa that was stamped in 2015. Will the newly introduced UK ban affect my entry into the US ?

Thanks,
V

thefourthrevelation
Newly Registered
India

Re: 10yr visa ban - affect biz travel to US with existing visa?

Post by thefourthrevelation » Tue Nov 07, 2017 12:23 pm

Help anyone ?