ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

DS-160 form - Travel Companion

USA immigration, green card questions:
Employment based Green Cards | H-1B visas | Family based Visas | Citizenship

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

tallahassee

DS-160 form - Travel Companion

Post by tallahassee » Tue Aug 21, 2018 10:30 am

Hi all,

I am currently filling out the DS-160 form for a US B2 Tourism visa. I am planning to travel to the US for a week with my girlfriend in November and there is one question on the form which I find confusing and to which I can't find a sensible answer on Google:

Are there other persons traveling with you?

On the side bar it says:
You should answer Yes to this question if you are traveling with family, as part of an organized tour, or as part of a performing group or athletic team. You do not need to list individuals who are traveling with you for the purposes of employment with the same employer.

So the question is: Do I list my girlfriend as a travel companion? If you choose 'YES' there is an option to select 'Friend' or 'Other', which I guess seems appropriate?

However, the sidebar isn't very informative, seeing as she is neither family, organised tour or group it would suggest to tick 'NO', but seeing as she isn't an employment colleague it would suggest I should tick 'YES'.

Some posts I found on Google said that it is expected for the Travel Companion to come with you to your visa interview at the embassy, which she won't be, as she doesn't need to apply for a US visa (she will travel on the ESTA).

I would appreciate it if someone could clarify this for me.

Thanks!