ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

I married her in the US and she has no K1 visa, help:(

USA immigration, green card questions:
Employment based Green Cards | H-1B visas | Family based Visas | Citizenship

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

MikeyNYumie
Newly Registered

I married her in the US and she has no K1 visa, help:(

Post by MikeyNYumie » Mon Feb 05, 2007 8:59 am

Hello everyone,

I just found this website and joined. I am very greatful to find such a resource. I have been seeing my Japanese wife for 3 years now long distance. She comes about every 5 monthes to visit me on a regular tourist visa, but she never tells customs she is here to see me, anyways we just got married January of 2007. She now returned back to Japan to finish up schooling. My plan is to bring her back into the US to apply for a green card and stay with me, all this waiting is killing me! Will she be able to wait in the country with me until the whole green card process goes thru??? Will the US be upset and permanently Ban her because we married with no K1 visa???? We are totally 100% legit as far as intentions and marriage, I have 3 years of letters to prove it.....what should I do??? Please help me

P.S. She is in Japan and I live in Hawaii

MikeyNYumie

Marco 72
Diamond Member

Post by Marco 72 » Tue Feb 06, 2007 10:59 pm

I really don't see why this should be a problem. There was no point in her applying for a K1 visa if she needed to go back to Japan. Since you are now married she can apply for an immigrant visa or a K3 visa and join you in the US.