ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier1 General( Dependant Child) - What documents required...

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

david1982
Newly Registered

Tier1 General( Dependant Child) - What documents required...

Post by david1982 » Tue Aug 03, 2010 9:37 am

Hello,

Currently I am a Tier 1(General) visa holder. I am applying for Tier1 (Dependant) for my 6 months old child.

I am sending following documents -

1. Tier1 ( Dependant ) Form
2. Three Months Bank Statements ( £2000 was available for 3 months)
3. Baby's Passport
4. Two Photographs
5. Baby's UK Birth Certificate

* Do I have to send my passport and my wife's passport as well?
* Do I have to send my payslip?
* Do I have to send any other document?

Thanks in advance.

Kind Regards,
David

tvn_ramesh
Diamond Member

Post by tvn_ramesh » Tue Aug 03, 2010 12:59 pm

The documents listed are good enough, but

1. please send your passport with the Tier1 Visa page especially (i think photocopy should be fine) but pls wait for any other to confirm on the same about sending your photocopy is enough or original passport is required to be sent..

2. Please attach a sponser letter for your kid from your behalf..

destiniation_london

Post by destiniation_london » Tue Aug 03, 2010 1:33 pm

I think you might be better off sending passport copy of your wife too with the application.
I read earlier on this forum where one's dependant application for child was rejected because there was no documentary evidence of his mother. I know its not mentioned in the guidance and its stupid thing to ask or send. But to be on the safer side, I'd recommend you sending photocopy of your wife's passport too.

Anyways sending additional documents is not going to hurt.

david1982
Newly Registered

Post by david1982 » Tue Aug 03, 2010 1:37 pm

destiniation_london wrote:I think you might be better off sending passport copy of your wife too with the application.
I read earlier on this forum where one's dependant application for child was rejected because there was no documentary evidence of his mother. I know its not mentioned in the guidance and its stupid thing to ask or send. But to be on the safer side, I'd recommend you sending photocopy of your wife's passport too.

Thank you so much for your reply.

Do you think I better send the original passport of my wife as well?

Kind Regards,
David

destiniation_london

Post by destiniation_london » Tue Aug 03, 2010 2:12 pm

david1982 wrote:
destiniation_london wrote:I think you might be better off sending passport copy of your wife too with the application.

Kind Regards,
David
Oh no...definitly not...they definitly wont be expecting anyone other than applicant (in this case your child) to send their original passport.

david1982
Newly Registered

Post by david1982 » Wed Aug 04, 2010 10:03 am

destiniation_london wrote:
david1982 wrote:

Kind Regards,
David
Oh no...definitly not...they definitly wont be expecting anyone other than applicant (in this case your child) to send their original passport.

Hi,

Thank you so much for your advice.

So, I will send baby's original passport and photocopy of my passport and wife's passport.

Kind Regards,
David

lata

Post by lata » Wed Aug 04, 2010 1:20 pm

Hi David,
Are you applying for your baby visa in UK or India? if in UK, where do we need to send the application? and same documents required?

Thanks,
Lata

mhkhan

Post by mhkhan » Wed Aug 04, 2010 9:53 pm

Hello
I had my own passport copy attested by a solicitor in London when applying for the dependants application.

Good luck.

push

Post by push » Wed Aug 04, 2010 10:35 pm

lata wrote:Hi David,
Are you applying for your baby visa in UK or India? if in UK, where do we need to send the application? and same documents required?

Thanks,
Lata
Look at the front page of the application itself.
regards,
push
Important: Please read this Disclaimer