ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Applying for UK visit visa outside of home country , possible ?

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

justdopposite

Applying for UK visit visa outside of home country , possible ?

Post by justdopposite » Mon Apr 23, 2018 10:21 pm

Hi

Is it possible/advisable to apply for a UK visit visa from outside of home country ? For eg. someone from India is in Dubai on a tourist visa and decides to apply for UK visit visa from UAE visa application centre.

As per this link https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... the-policy , it seems one can make application from 'any visa application' centre. However some travel agencies say , the person must have at least a resident's visa in the country person is applying from.

Any help would be appreciated. Anyone with experience of applying for a UK visit visa from outside of home country as a visitor?

Many thanks

Katie_France
Russia

Re: Applying for UK visit visa outside of home country , possible ?

Post by Katie_France » Tue Apr 24, 2018 12:12 pm

You should submit your right to live in the application country, like residence card.

justdopposite

Post by justdopposite » Tue Apr 24, 2018 1:41 pm

Hi

Thanks for your reply. Sorry I'm not sure I understand. Do you mean to say only 'resident' visa holders can apply from the application country ?

Why can't someone who is in a different country on tourist visa, make application for a UK visit visa in that country as a visitor?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Apr 24, 2018 2:22 pm

To apply for a visa from a country which is not your residence country, you have to have the right to live there, i.e. NOT be a visitor in the country!
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

justdopposite

Post by justdopposite » Wed Apr 25, 2018 10:50 am

CR001 wrote:
Tue Apr 24, 2018 2:22 pm
To apply for a visa from a country which is not your residence country, you have to have the right to live there, i.e. NOT be a visitor in the country!
Hi. just to clarify, It's for a short term UK visit visa, and as per this link https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... the-policy , it says

"You can make applications for a visit visa, a short-term study visa, an EEA family permit or Tier 5 entry clearance in any visa application centre, British diplomatic mission or consular post overseas where entry clearance applications are accepted.
You should be present legally in the country or territory you’re applying from"

- so If the person is a tourist legally in a different country, surely it should be fine to book an appointment make application for a UK visit visa at the VFS ?

"Applications for other types of entry clearance should be made in the country in which you are living"

Not the same case, only ,when making application for other types of visa, as stated above in the same link

Faheems1
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by Faheems1 » Sat Apr 28, 2018 7:49 pm

Your safest bet would definitely be to go back to your home country and apply from there. Although what you are saying makes sense but for some reason “legally present” really means eg on a work visa or permanent resident visa (something longer term than a visit visa)

justdopposite

Post by justdopposite » Mon Apr 30, 2018 10:42 am

Faheems1 wrote:
Sat Apr 28, 2018 7:49 pm
Your safest bet would definitely be to go back to your home country and apply from there. Although what you are saying makes sense but for some reason “legally present” really means eg on a work visa or permanent resident visa (something longer term than a visit visa)
Thanks for your input. Kind of agree with what you say. After paying £5.48 for a UKVI email enquiry on this , this is the response I got smh :roll: :x
Thank you for contacting UK Visas and Immigration International Contact Centre.

With regards to your enquiry about where to apply for a visa, we can only sign post you back to the UKVI guidelines ECB05 link: https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... the-policy

Please note that the onus is upon individual customers to ensure that they satisfy the requirements set out in the guidance material. The guidance material accompanies each and every application form. UK Visa and Immigration is not able to give, indicate or advise upon the outcome of any such application prior to it being given full and careful consideration.

Also please note that we cannot provide case specific advice or pre-assess an application but we can provide information and support you through signposting and website navigation. If you require more specific advise then please speak to a qualif
ied immigration advisor[/i][/quote]