ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Help with a Moroccan coming to the UK.

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Bournemouth85
Newly Registered

Help with a Moroccan coming to the UK.

Post by Bournemouth85 » Mon Oct 08, 2018 10:00 am

Hi all,

I am in need of some advice please!

I have a Moroccan girlfriend, currently living in Casablanca.

We met in Madrid in September last year and our relationship has 'blossomed' since. I have been to see her in Morocco 4 times and we have also met in Paris, Rome, Florence and Barcelona.

We have now got to a point whereby we want to be together properly, although we both understand with her being a non EU it is not going to be a straight forward process. I am a British national, i earn a good wage and have a secure job. She has a well paid job with Adidas and is willing to give up everything to come to the UK. She is fluent in 4 languages and has a masters degree in Translation so if very well educated and has a 'comfy' life in Morocco.

We are not ready for marriage yet, as we haven't lived together and don't really know each other properly as each time we meet is like the honeymoon period all over again so a Spouse/Fiance visa isn't really an option at the moment.

This leaves us with a Visitor visa whereby she could apply for a 6 month visa, and once she has visited a few times with proof that she abides by the conditions i would hope she could then apply for a longer visa such as a 2 or 5 year extended visa. i understand that she can only stay for a maximum of 6 months - If she stayed for 6 months then went home for 4 weeks would it raise suspicion if she came back so soon for an extended period of time?

The plan would be she comes over in the first instance for 2 weeks, this would be the longest we've spent together to gage how we get on and how she likes the UK with the aim being her to stay longer periods of time.

However, in order for her to stay for a longer period, she would need to give up her job in Morocco which i assume would make it more difficult for her to get a visa as she would have limited reasons to return home ( other than family and friends ) .

I would support her financially and she would live with me. She is 28 and i am 33.

I guess i'm just looking for advice as to how we could make this work and what the best course of action is if its not the one suggested above.

Thanks in advance.

Casa

Re: Help with a Moroccan coming to the UK.

Post by Casa » Mon Oct 08, 2018 12:22 pm

Bournemouth85 wrote:
Mon Oct 08, 2018 10:00 am
Hi all,

I am in need of some advice please!

I have a Moroccan girlfriend, currently living in Casablanca.

We met in Madrid in September last year and our relationship has 'blossomed' since. I have been to see her in Morocco 4 times and we have also met in Paris, Rome, Florence and Barcelona.

We have now got to a point whereby we want to be together properly, although we both understand with her being a non EU it is not going to be a straight forward process. I am a British national, i earn a good wage and have a secure job. She has a well paid job with Adidas and is willing to give up everything to come to the UK. She is fluent in 4 languages and has a masters degree in Translation so if very well educated and has a 'comfy' life in Morocco.

We are not ready for marriage yet, as we haven't lived together and don't really know each other properly as each time we meet is like the honeymoon period all over again so a Spouse/Fiance visa isn't really an option at the moment.

This leaves us with a Visitor visa whereby she could apply for a 6 month visa, and once she has visited a few times with proof that she abides by the conditions i would hope she could then apply for a longer visa such as a 2 or 5 year extended visa. i understand that she can only stay for a maximum of 6 months - If she stayed for 6 months then went home for 4 weeks would it raise suspicion if she came back so soon for an extended period of time? As a visitor, she can't spend more time in the UK than she is spending in Morocco, in a 12 month rolling period. Frequent visits will be seen as an attempt to reside here.

The plan would be she comes over in the first instance for 2 weeks, this would be the longest we've spent together to gage how we get on and how she likes the UK with the aim being her to stay longer periods of time. See my comment above.

However, in order for her to stay for a longer period, she would need to give up her job in Morocco which i assume would make it more difficult for her to get a visa as she would have limited reasons to return home ( other than family and friends ) . In order to convince the ECO that she has stronger ties in her home country than she has in the UK, she will have to submit evidence such as continuing employment, financial self-sufficiency, strong family and economic ties.

I would support her financially and she would live with me. She is 28 and i am 33. See above regarding financial self-sufficiency.

I guess i'm just looking for advice as to how we could make this work and what the best course of action is if its not the one suggested above.

Thanks in advance.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

Bournemouth85
Newly Registered

Post by Bournemouth85 » Mon Oct 08, 2018 3:30 pm

Thanks Casa, Thats really helpful.

Quick question, the more times she visits the UK, albeit for short periods at a time during her initial 6 month visa, does it make it easier or more difficult if she ever wants to extend it to a 2 year Visa?

The ultimate goal is for her to move to the UK permanently but i understand this is only really feasible if we marry and are able to prove it is a 'real' relationship, which it is.

Thanks

Casa

Post by Casa » Mon Oct 08, 2018 4:21 pm

Providing your girlfriend adheres to the terms of her 6 month visa, this should be in favour if applying for a longer term visitor visa. You're aware that even a 2 or 5 year visitor visa still restricts her to the same limits as a 6 month visa :?:
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

Bournemouth85
Newly Registered

Post by Bournemouth85 » Mon Oct 08, 2018 5:16 pm

Casa wrote:
Mon Oct 08, 2018 4:21 pm
Providing your girlfriend adheres to the terms of her 6 month visa, this should be in favour if applying for a longer term visitor visa. You're aware that even a 2 or 5 year visitor visa still restricts her to the same limits as a 6 month visa :?:
Yes I am . Thanks. I guess a longer visa gives a both a little more security and time.