ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Questions at border control heathrow for visitors

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

pavitra2610
Newly Registered
India

Questions at border control heathrow for visitors

Post by pavitra2610 » Wed Aug 03, 2022 9:49 pm

Hello my parents recently got standard visitor visa for the Uk from India and are travelling next week, its their first ever international trip, they both dont know english what questions will border control generally ask visitors do they provide interpretor easily ? What should I intruct my parents for smooth process at heathrow.

Ticktack
Respected Guru

Re: Questions at border control heathrow for visitors

Post by Ticktack » Thu Aug 04, 2022 9:30 am

pavitra2610 wrote:
Wed Aug 03, 2022 9:49 pm
Hello my parents recently got standard visitor visa for the Uk from India and are travelling next week, its their first ever international trip, they both dont know english what questions will border control generally ask visitors do they provide interpretor easily ? What should I intruct my parents for smooth process at heathrow.
If they have to provide an interpreter then know that they've been taken off the line. You don't want that.

There are no routine line of questions, it depends on how the officer feels. Make sure they have your Name, address, phone number printed out and most importantly their itinerary (return ticket). Also be at the airport and make sure your phone is fully charged.
No sin in failing, you just have to try and try again!

vinny

Re: Questions at border control heathrow for visitors

Post by vinny » Thu Aug 04, 2022 9:38 am

If you’re from outside the EU, Switzerland, Norway, Iceland or Liechtenstein
You’ll usually be asked why you’re coming to the UK.
And any related follow up questions.

Search YouTube for common questions asked.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.