ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Immigration Cap

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

ukswus

Post by ukswus » Thu Jul 15, 2010 10:01 am

d1o wrote:Can anyone tell me how increasing the points threshold from 75 to 80 (or 95 to 100) for first time in-country applicants (like psw holders) from 19 July, 2010 stop a last minute rush into the UK prior to April 2011?

Sometimes, I wonder what kind of brains the people who make these rules/thier advisers have.
This is a rather important point you have noticed.

Before the elections, the Conservatives (and the media, e.g. Daily Mail) were trying REALLY hard to show how shockingly high the level of immigration was. Since they knew that in reality the net economic migrants numbers from outside the EU were in fact falling, they had to:

a) lump all students into immigrant category, and
b) count all extending their stay under Tier 1 and 2, and those switching into those categories from inside the country, into "new arrivals". This was the only way for them to make both "total immigration", and especially "net immigration", look high.

I know, this is a rather stupid policy to target existing visa holders in order to deal with new immigration, but this is in fact what they seem to be doing.

manuelaux

Post by manuelaux » Thu Jul 15, 2010 10:03 am

I’m completely lost in all this changes.

I’m planning to apply in August.

Could someone please tell me what will be changed after 19th July? Is there anything official what will be changed?

aspirant99
Member of Standing

Post by aspirant99 » Thu Jul 15, 2010 10:42 am

manuelaux wrote:I’m completely lost in all this changes.

Could someone please tell me what will be changed after 19th July? Is there anything official what will be changed?
The only changes that we are aware till now are:

1) instead of 75 now the applicant has to score 80 points in attributes.

2) there will be a cap on the numbe rof applications till april'11--around 5400..this will be dealt on monthly basis.

The are some details published on the UKBA website in the immigration & law sections..u can read it from there and take some pointers..good luck!!

aruni4470
Diamond Member

Post by aruni4470 » Thu Jul 15, 2010 10:59 am

manuelaux wrote:I’m completely lost in all this changes.

Reading the links below might help

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... nges-to-t1

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... for-t1-pbs

dainteej
Newly Registered

stressed

Post by dainteej » Thu Jul 15, 2010 3:43 pm

:cry: I am really stressed by this all...when I had planned to apply aug 11th and i currently have 95 points I JUST got a new job which will make me have 100 point but points are given based on past income so by the time i apply I will be still short of the income earned needed to push me over the mark.

I plan to ask my new employer to give me a salary advance which would push my earnings up to the 20 pounds I need. Has anybody every done this before?

What do you guru's think of the implications of this

aspirant99
Member of Standing

Re: stressed

Post by aspirant99 » Thu Jul 15, 2010 4:04 pm

dainteej wrote::cry: I am really stressed by this all...when I had planned to apply aug 11th and i currently have 95 points I JUST got a new job which will make me have 100 point but points are given based on past income so by the time i apply I will be still short of the income earned needed to push me over the mark.

I plan to ask my new employer to give me a salary advance which would push my earnings up to the 20 pounds I need. Has anybody every done this before?

I would rather suggest that you take up some additional part-time consultancy work as you said you are just short of 20 quids..but make sure you get the documentations right for that as you have to provide it while filing your application..good luck..!!

dainteej
Newly Registered

Post by dainteej » Thu Jul 15, 2010 4:09 pm

aspirant99 wrote:
dainteej wrote::cry: I am really stressed by this all...when I had planned to apply aug 11th and i currently have 95 points I JUST got a new job which will make me have 100 point but points are given based on past income so by the time i apply I will be still short of the income earned needed to push me over the mark.

I would rather suggest that you take up some additional part-time consultancy work as you said you are just short of 20 quids..but make sure you get the documentations right for that as you have to provide it while filing your application..good luck..!!
What i meant to say was push my earnings up to the 20 points i need. I need more than 20 pounds. I need to get 1 and a half months salary advance from my new job to meet the salary band

push

Post by push » Thu Jul 15, 2010 9:44 pm

Unearned income like advance etc can not count towards your earnings for Tier-1
dainteej wrote:
aspirant99 wrote:

What i meant to say was push my earnings up to the 20 points i need. I need more than 20 pounds. I need to get 1 and a half months salary advance from my new job to meet the salary band
regards,
push
Important: Please read this Disclaimer

Pierrot95

Post by Pierrot95 » Thu Jul 15, 2010 11:18 pm

dev106 wrote:Friends, why these sort of things happening to us as we are the people who bring money into this country, work here pay proper taxes, well educated...Why the hell, this government wants us to be out???
I don't think the government want us out. I don't want to play the devil's advocate, but remember that the migrants coming under the PBS are the only one that the government has control on. All other migrants (EU, marriage, refugees) come under some form of international rules. How do you think the government will deliver its promise of cutting immigration? They only have two options: telling the british people that they were lying about immigration just to win the elections, or cutting immigration where they can cut, whatever the consequences on UK economy are.
The most annoying thing is that when the average british comnplain about immigration, they generally mean eastern EU immigration. But politicians have managed to convince them that cutting non-EU immigration is the answer.
When we will leave and people realise that we were not the ones jumping their housing queues, getting their benefits, using translators in hospitals, that we were just working hard and paying our taxes without getting any access to public funds, they will wake up.

====

Saga

Post by Saga » Fri Jul 16, 2010 8:03 am

When we will leave and people realise that we were not the ones jumping their housing queues, getting their benefits, using translators in hospitals, that we were just working hard and paying our taxes without getting any access to public funds, they will wake up
Precisely! Very well articulated...

But can we or HSMP forums etc. can put this out now ?

kps2007
BANNED

rules

Post by kps2007 » Fri Jul 16, 2010 8:13 am

I totally Agree with Perriot, But in a country where human rights are valued so much, why would the government won't wake up to our griefs. There could be two reasons for that i would believe :

1) The government is not bothered about us.
2) We as non-EU immigrants not spreading enough awareness of what value we bring to the country.

Did any one remember watching the a brief news during the election period about the average of people leaving UK? As far as remember the news clearly presented a report conducted by an independet BBC correspondent about people from NON-EU countries coming:leaving ratio was down to -8000 and the same ratio between people EU immigirants was +45000. What happened to that report, did conservatives deliberately stopped airing it?

I guess it is the balance that labour certainly did not care about and flooded the country with unwanted people but conservetives are not doing any good as well by hiding the realities of immigration from genral public.

I guess if the GOVT is not ready to spread a good word about non-EU workes than don't you think that we should do it as no one better than us could be in the position to spread this word using websites or anything. I am not a website developrer but if any one is willing to volunteer than i have a domain name that can be used for this purpose. All we would need is a simple HTML, .NET home page and lots of word spreading.

Just a suggestion.

ldbright

Re: rules

Post by ldbright » Fri Jul 16, 2010 9:06 am

kps2007 wrote:I totally Agree with Perriot, But in a country where human rights are valued so much, why would the government won't wake up to our griefs. There could be two reasons for that i would believe :

1) The government is not bothered about us.
2) We as non-EU immigrants not spreading enough awareness of what value we bring to the country.

Did any one remember watching the a brief news during the election period about the average of people leaving UK? As far as remember the news clearly presented a report conducted by an independet BBC correspondent about people from NON-EU countries coming:leaving ratio was down to -8000 and the same ratio between people EU immigirants was +45000. What happened to that report, did conservatives deliberately stopped airing it?

I guess it is the balance that labour certainly did not care about and flooded the country with unwanted people but conservetives are not doing any good as well by hiding the realities of immigration from genral public.

I guess if the GOVT is not ready to spread a good word about non-EU workes than don't you think that we should do it as no one better than us could be in the position to spread this word using websites or anything. I am not a website developrer but if any one is willing to volunteer than i have a domain name that can be used for this purpose. All we would need is a simple HTML, .NET home page and lots of word spreading.

Just a suggestion.
How about a facebook page?

d1o

Post by d1o » Fri Jul 16, 2010 10:54 am

d1o wrote:
Can anyone tell me how increasing the points threshold from 75 to 80 (or 95 to 100) for first time in-country applicants (like psw holders) from 19 July, 2010 stop a last minute rush into the UK prior to April 2011?

Sometimes, I wonder what kind of brains the people who make these rules/thier advisers have.
This is a rather important point you have noticed.

Before the elections, the Conservatives (and the media, e.g. Daily Mail) were trying REALLY hard to show how shockingly high the level of immigration was. Since they knew that in reality the net economic migrants numbers from outside the EU were in fact falling, they had to:

a) lump all students into immigrant category, and
b) count all extending their stay under Tier 1 and 2, and those switching into those categories from inside the country, into "new arrivals". This was the only way for them to make both "total immigration", and especially "net immigration", look high.

I know, this is a rather stupid policy to target existing visa holders in order to deal with new immigration, but this is in fact what they seem to be doing

So the bottom line is that the government is deceiving it's own people..just to look good. Wonders never end.

prisat
Member of Standing

Post by prisat » Fri Jul 16, 2010 1:51 pm

Oooooffffffffffffff - read the entire stuff today !!!!

Tired reading all this :( Believe aruni4470 summarized the updates.

Rest seems assumptions, atleast to me.

You cannot say anything unless you are May herself or the official secretary of May or a Immigration law maker in UK or the UK PM.

All i can say is

When I look back on all these worries I remember the story of the old man who said on his deathbed that he had a lot of trouble in his life, most of which had never happened.
~ Winston Churchill

Let us leave the rest of the things to the UK Law makers :).
Disclaimer :

I am not from a law firm or an attorney who provide Consultation for Immigration to UK.
Information that i provide is not the same as legal advice or legal advises. Use the message (s) and information at your own risk.

rizwan567
Diamond Member

Post by rizwan567 » Fri Jul 16, 2010 4:30 pm

New forms and guidelines have published on UKBA web for applications on or after 19 July 10

tvn_ramesh
Diamond Member

Post by tvn_ramesh » Fri Jul 16, 2010 9:36 pm

Instead of advance salary ask ur employer to give the required amount as Bonus, as bonus is accepted as earnings without any hassels..

kpc1981
Newly Registered

Post by kpc1981 » Sat Jul 17, 2010 12:25 pm

rizwan567 wrote: New forms and guidelines have published on UKBA web for applications on or after 19 July 10
Does not look like updated for "applying for outside uk initial applications". I did check that..but just want to confirm, did you see them?

I will be applying by this month end, so looking for new forms!

geriatrix

Post by geriatrix » Sat Jul 17, 2010 12:29 pm

kpc1981 wrote:
rizwan567 wrote: New forms and guidelines have published on UKBA web for applications on or after 19 July 10
Does not look like updated for "applying for outside uk initial applications". I did check that..but just want to confirm, did you see them?

Forms on UKBA website are meant for people applying from within UK. When applying from outside UK, check UKVisas website.

The policy guidance, on the other hand, may be used by anyone.

regards

Sky_High
Member of Standing

Post by Sky_High » Sat Jul 17, 2010 1:03 pm

sushdmehta wrote:
kpc1981 wrote:

Forms on UKBA website are meant for people applying from within UK. When applying from outside UK, check UKVisas website.

regards
Oh dear! Is it correct? Are they mad?

Some one under 30 will get 20 points for age, 35 points for master and will have to earn £40K+ to earn 25 points or £35K+ to earn 20 points if he/she has UK experience (5 points) = 80 Points

And some one above 40 have to earn £75K+ to score 45 points + 35 points for masters = 80 Points

If some one is earning £75K in his home country, will he be made to come to UK?

Please some one tell me that I am wrong!

kpc1981
Newly Registered

Post by kpc1981 » Sat Jul 17, 2010 2:22 pm

sushdmehta wrote:
kpc1981 wrote:

regards
yes, correct. This form http://www.ukvisas.gov.uk/resources/en/ ... sappendix1 still talks about 75 points, which is confusing me. Any inputs?

geriatrix

Post by geriatrix » Sat Jul 17, 2010 4:37 pm

Did it occur to you that UKVisas website might not have been updated with new information (yet)? Check back on the 19th when changes become applicable.

regards

kitettt
Newly Registered

Post by kitettt » Sat Jul 17, 2010 6:25 pm

sushdmehta, you are being very rude. kpc1981 I guess is very anxious like many others here, so please be polite to your fellow imigrants.

adityak77
Member of Standing

Post by adityak77 » Sun Jul 18, 2010 6:54 am

Ukvisas web site is not yet updated, so check after 19th July.

The 80 point rule was declared in June 28th or 30th, but unless the attributes distribution isnt published you wont knw.

I guess 5 points will add to the earning section.

push

Post by push » Sun Jul 18, 2010 10:27 am

adityak77 wrote:Ukvisas web site is not yet updated, so check after 19th July.

The 80 point rule was declared in June 28th or 30th, but unless the attributes distribution isnt published you wont knw.

Sorry but I dont understand what do you mean by "5 points will be added to the earnings section". You seem to be suggesting that there will be sectional cut-off? If so please provide the source of your information.
regards,
push
Important: Please read this Disclaimer

adityak77
Member of Standing

Post by adityak77 » Sun Jul 18, 2010 4:37 pm

push wrote:
adityak77 wrote:Ukvisas web site is not yet updated, so check after 19th July.

Sorry but I dont understand what do you mean by "5 points will be added to the earnings section". You seem to be suggesting that there will be sectional cut-off? If so please provide the source of your information.
Theres no src of information with me. But the 5 extra points that need to be earned will be in the earning section IMO. It cant be in Age, nor educational qualifications.

However I may be wrong. Wait and watch tomorrow.