ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Queries in Citizenship Application

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

youngmoon
Ireland

Queries in Citizenship Application

Post by youngmoon » Sun Feb 27, 2022 8:06 pm

Dear All,

I'm having the following queries in submitting the application. Please help me with them.

1. Filling the application: Shall I use the adobe reader to fill the application or I should strictly use the black color pen as mentioned in the application?

2. I know previously we used to send the address proofs any three in a particular year. What should I do now for the GAS and Electricity bills? Do I need to send them all or just 3 different proofs will be enough for a year?

3. Shall I ignore the other part of the applications, or do I need to enter N/A in them? (i.e. citizenship through marriage, Irish associations, etc along with respective declaration)?

meself2
Ireland

Re: Queries in Citizenship Application

Post by meself2 » Sun Feb 27, 2022 9:26 pm

Hey.
youngmoon wrote:
Sun Feb 27, 2022 8:06 pm
1. Filling the application: Shall I use the adobe reader to fill the application or I should strictly use the black color pen as mentioned in the application?
They made other forms (such as form 9) an e-form, so you can do whichever is more convenient of the two, but there is no authomatic fields recognition for Form 8.
youngmoon wrote:
2. I know previously we used to send the address proofs any three in a particular year. What should I do now for the GAS and Electricity bills? Do I need to send them all or just 3 different proofs will be enough for a year?
There is a new Scorecard system for proofs now, so you need to find a certain amount of proofs that'll make you get 150 points. More about that here.
youngmoon wrote:
3. Shall I ignore the other part of the applications, or do I need to enter N/A in them? (i.e. citizenship through marriage, Irish associations, etc along with respective declaration)?
From the form (page 9):
Detailed guidance on filling out the application form
Answer all questions. If a question does not apply, write “n/a” in the box provided.
Not a qualified immigration adviser. Use links and references given to gain confirmation and/or extra information.

youngmoon
Ireland

Post by youngmoon » Sun Feb 27, 2022 9:37 pm

meself2 wrote:
Sun Feb 27, 2022 9:26 pm
Hey.
youngmoon wrote:
They made other forms (such as form 9) an e-form, so you can do whichever is more convenient of the two, but there is no authomatic fields recognition for Form 8.

youngmoon wrote:
There is a new Scorecard system for proofs now, so you need to find a certain amount of proofs that'll make you get 150 points. More about that here.

youngmoon wrote:
From the form (page 9):
Detailed guidance on filling out the application form
Answer all questions. If a question does not apply, write “n/a” in the box provided.
Great. Thanks. The recent version of the abode reader does recognise the fields nicely though. Regarding the bills, based on the scorecard I've downloaded all the GAS and Electricity bills(5X6 =30 bills). But shall I submit them all or just three random bills per year should be enough? Thanks again

meself2
Ireland

Post by meself2 » Sun Feb 27, 2022 10:00 pm

youngmoon wrote:
Sun Feb 27, 2022 9:37 pm
But shall I submit them all or just three random bills per year should be enough? Thanks again
One gas/electricity bill only gives you 10 points. 6 of them - 60 points.
You need to get 150 each year for at least 4 out of 5 years.
Download the Scorecard here (you might have to choose "Proof of residency" sheet at the bottom) and take a look what's the "cost" for each proof and how much you need. You're also missing at least one of the required proofs.
Seems like you're not conpletely understanding this new Scorecard thing (which is true for us all, I'd say). Are you sure you have the most recent version of the form, as it was changed Jan 1st?
What's the version is your form's top right corner? Version 6.3 Dec 2021 is the latest.
Not a qualified immigration adviser. Use links and references given to gain confirmation and/or extra information.

youngmoon
Ireland

Post by youngmoon » Sun Feb 27, 2022 10:15 pm

Perfect! I understand now. So, I will supply all the bills that I have. I'm using the latest one. Many thanks!

FidoDido29
Ireland

Post by FidoDido29 » Mon Feb 28, 2022 12:47 pm

meself2 wrote:
Sun Feb 27, 2022 10:00 pm
youngmoon wrote:
But shall I submit them all or just three random bills per year should be enough? Thanks again
Download the Scorecard here (you might have to choose "Proof of residency" sheet at the bottom) and take a look what's the "cost" for each proof and how much you need. You're also missing at least one of the required proofs.
Seems like you're not conpletely understanding this new Scorecard thing (which is true for us all, I'd say). Are you sure you have the most recent version of the form, as it was changed Jan 1st?
What's the version is your form's top right corner? Version 6.3 Dec 2021 is the latest.
I am one of those who haven't understood this score card approach as well.
By this post did you mean, if I submit 3 electricity bills for a year, I get 30 points for that year?

Regards,
Nishant

meself2
Ireland

Post by meself2 » Mon Feb 28, 2022 12:49 pm

FidoDido29 wrote:
Mon Feb 28, 2022 12:47 pm
meself2 wrote:
youngmoon wrote:
By this post did you mean, if I submit 3 electricity bills for a year, I get 30 points for that year?

Regards,
Nishant
Exactly. So you need way more things to accumulate 150 points for a year, as well as one of the mandatory documents.

FidoDido29
Ireland

Post by FidoDido29 » Mon Feb 28, 2022 1:42 pm

meself2 wrote:
Mon Feb 28, 2022 12:49 pm
FidoDido29 wrote:
Mon Feb 28, 2022 12:47 pm
meself2 wrote:
youngmoon wrote:

Regards,
Nishant
Exactly. So you need way more things to accumulate 150 points for a year, as well as one of the mandatory documents.
Thanks for explaining me.
I was looking for one more point,

Rent agreement / registered with the local authority/ AHB / PTB

Would you know what is PTB/AHB?
I was living in a apartment from 2016 to 2021 but, I only signed rent agreement for first two years. We never renewed the lease. So, I have only 2 copies of rent agreement and I paid the rent to the landlord via my bank transfers. When I left the apartment, he sent me a reference letter that said that I resided in that apartment from 2016 to 2021. Can this letter be considered as a valid proof ?

meself2
Ireland

Post by meself2 » Mon Feb 28, 2022 1:55 pm

FidoDido29 wrote:
Mon Feb 28, 2022 1:42 pm
Would you know what is PTB/AHB?
I think they meant Residential Tenancies Board / Approved Housing Bodies. They want an agreement that is confirmed by some other body with power to do so.
Can't really advise you if they'll accept that letter, hopefully others have something to say.

zahmed05
- thin ice -
Pakistan

Post by zahmed05 » Mon Feb 28, 2022 7:50 pm

Are we 100% sure that each electricity bill will give 10 points? Normally there are 6 bills in a year so getting 60 points sounds great but do we have any reference to this understanding?

meself2
Ireland

Post by meself2 » Mon Feb 28, 2022 8:15 pm

zahmed05 wrote:
Mon Feb 28, 2022 7:50 pm
Are we 100% sure that each electricity bill will give 10 points? Normally there are 6 bills in a year so getting 60 points sounds great but do we have any reference to this understanding?
If you get a Scorecard table from here you have the table with proofs for residency, where "Electric supplier - service bill - proof of payment" is listed as giving 10 points.

zahmed05
- thin ice -
Pakistan

Post by zahmed05 » Mon Feb 28, 2022 9:18 pm

Thats correct but where does it say 6 bills in same year will result into 60 points?

meself2
Ireland

Post by meself2 » Tue Mar 01, 2022 11:59 am

zahmed05 wrote:
Mon Feb 28, 2022 9:18 pm
Thats correct but where does it say 6 bills in same year will result into 60 points?
Unfortunately, I don't think it is said anywhere explicitly and we don't have any approved applications at this stage. You can ask the Citizenship team by email about it.

ttowners
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by ttowners » Wed Mar 02, 2022 2:46 pm

meself2 wrote:
youngmoon wrote:
I don't think the gas/electricity bill goes like this "6 bills = 6x10pts"..

even i wish it could be..

if that's the case.. each GP visit is 25pts.. you only need to see your your GP 6 times a year to get all 150pts.

Just saw that they've added 1 new item!
- Medical insurance - proof of payment - 10pts

mentalmind
Member of Standing
Algeria

Post by mentalmind » Wed Mar 02, 2022 3:46 pm

Most probably you can provide different bill for each category for each year. 1 bill for electricity, 1 bill for internet, 1 bill for refuse etc.

Before scoreboard approach they let you use bills as residency proof but it had to be different bill, can't use electricity bill twice or triple times per year. So probably it's the same in scoreboard approach.

meself2
Ireland

Post by meself2 » Wed Mar 02, 2022 4:53 pm

mentalmind wrote:
Wed Mar 02, 2022 3:46 pm
Most probably you can provide different bill for each category for each year. 1 bill for electricity, 1 bill for internet, 1 bill for refuse etc.
Yea, I'd expect it to be the case. I think someone (maybe even mentalmind himself) got a reply from Citizenship that not only the bills mentioned (gas/electricity) can be accepted, but others (eg bins) too, so if you have a number of services, I'd hope you can use it.

Nala2021
Greece

Post by Nala2021 » Wed Mar 02, 2022 6:07 pm

mentalmind wrote:
Wed Mar 02, 2022 3:46 pm

Before scoreboard approach they let you use bills as residency proof but it had to be different bill, can't use electricity bill twice or triple times per year. So probably it's the same in scoreboard approach.
What about applicants who are only responsible for 1 bill (ie refuse) for the house? Utility bills cant be used as a scapegoat to collect points, but one applicant may have only one type to present for the application.