ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

2022 Naturalisation Application response

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

mads32
Ireland

Re: 2022 Naturalisation Application response

Post by mads32 » Mon May 09, 2022 7:49 am

Nala2021 wrote:
Sun May 08, 2022 8:44 pm
mads32 wrote:
Sun May 08, 2022 11:06 am
Nala2021 wrote:
Sat May 07, 2022 6:13 am
luxurylemon wrote:
Fri May 06, 2022 7:07 pm
Has anyone who applied in September/October 2021 received an acknowledgement letter and application number? We applied 29th September and still no letter. I really thought by the end of April we would have one as its 7 months now.
From a response from the Minister of Justice (dated 4 May 2022 in parliamentary questions):

"Applications for naturalisation and general queries in respect of same are dealt with in chronological order by date received. When applications for a certificate of naturalisation are received by the Citizenship Division of my Department, they are subject to an initial check/examination. Citizenship Division is currently completing initial checks on applications received in September 2021."

Link: https://www.oireachtas.ie/en/debates/qu ... itizenship
She's now also saying the Ukranians coming to Ireland are also impacting on the speed of the citizenship processing :|
Mads32 where did you read/see this?
In this link you just posted:

However, the combined impact of the 2019 High Court judgment in the Jones case, the necessary health restrictions arising from the pandemic, and my Department's response to the Ukraine crisis has resulted in the processing time for standard applications increasing.

yorkshire_lad
Newly Registered

Post by yorkshire_lad » Mon May 09, 2022 10:20 am

using influx of Ukrainian refugees to backup their already weak argument, aint nothing but lame excuses.
i can totally see Helen McEntree working hard to improve the overall performance of the department but the real issue is the ancient style bureaucracy standing in her way. She's got a real job on her hands.

jesonnn
Mood:
Ireland

Post by jesonnn » Mon May 09, 2022 10:39 am

yorkshire_lad wrote:
Mon May 09, 2022 10:20 am
i can totally see Helen McEntree working hard to improve the overall performance of the department but the real issue is the ancient style bureaucracy standing in her way. She's got a real job on her hands.
It is just excuse, by saying that: what kind of proof of that word you have? It has been said 6-9 months for whole process by minister: no improvements..

mentalmind
Member of Standing
Algeria

Post by mentalmind » Mon May 09, 2022 10:48 am

I believe immigration system in Ireland (registration, renewals, naturalization everything) is super outdated and slow compared to rest of systems in Ireland, like health. Especially if you consider paying this much regularly to be registered/renewed.

I can't imagine how things will move forward if there was even more naturalization applications. This system barely works with current workload.

GoWentGone123
Mood:
Ireland

Post by GoWentGone123 » Mon May 09, 2022 8:57 pm

Do you mind me asking what country are you comparing Irish system to?

jesonnn
Mood:
Ireland

Post by jesonnn » Mon May 09, 2022 9:14 pm

GoWentGone123 wrote:
Mon May 09, 2022 8:57 pm
I know the question is not directed to me, but Sweden - 2 months between application and decision with passport , New Zealand: 6-12 months between application and decision + passport (confirmed by my mates there)

mentalmind
Member of Standing
Algeria

Post by mentalmind » Mon May 09, 2022 10:02 pm

GoWentGone123 wrote:
Netherlands. 2 friends applied for citizenship by naturalisation, applied in august 2021 and september 2021 got approval in april 2022 and may 2022. 8 months for everything, I am not even mentioning amount of b**s**t papers you need to collect to apply here. They (in Netherlands) went to local council with their passports, applied via the person there and that's it (yes they had to take 3 exams for language and social integration).

I applied in mid November 2021 it's now almost mid May 2022, 6 months later, I didn't even get the letter saying they got my application.

jesonnn
Mood:
Ireland

Post by jesonnn » Mon May 09, 2022 11:00 pm

mentalmind wrote:
Mon May 09, 2022 10:02 pm
GoWentGone123 wrote:
I applied in mid November 2021 it's now almost mid May 2022, 6 months later, I didn't even get the letter saying they got my application.
Same here buddy, late Oct 21 -nothing, I know friends May 21 and Jul 21, they did not get anything even if their app is accepted, however minister says about applications from Sep 21,i don't know what to believe here...

yorkshire_lad
Newly Registered

Post by yorkshire_lad » Tue May 10, 2022 11:06 am

One of my mates applied in Aug 21, got his passport and acknowledgement letter in Dec 21. So much for chronological order eh

mentalmind
Member of Standing
Algeria

Post by mentalmind » Tue May 10, 2022 11:16 am

yorkshire_lad wrote:
Tue May 10, 2022 11:06 am
One of my mates applied in Aug 21, got his passport and acknowledgement letter in Dec 21. So much for chronological order eh
Well known fact is CMU1 (non-EU) and CMU2 (EU and UK) has different queues and work loads. So it wouldn't be fair to compare non-EU and EU queue.

yorkshire_lad
Newly Registered

Post by yorkshire_lad » Tue May 10, 2022 11:38 am

I was talking about a non EU national mate. Speaking from personal experience, I fail to see any kind of logical order being followed.

mentalmind
Member of Standing
Algeria

Post by mentalmind » Tue May 10, 2022 11:40 am

Sorry for my assumption then

lxk
Ireland

Post by lxk » Tue May 10, 2022 5:17 pm

mentalmind wrote:
Tue May 10, 2022 11:16 am
Well known fact is CMU1 (non-EU) and CMU2 (EU and UK) has different queues and work loads. So it wouldn't be fair to compare non-EU and EU queue.
According to Form 8 (April 2022); EEA nationals, UK nationals and Spouse of Irish national - CMU 1
Non EEA nationals - CMU 2.

youngmoon
Ireland

Post by youngmoon » Thu May 12, 2022 9:30 pm

Glad someone got acknowledgement finally. I can see someone who submitted the application this year got the acknowledgment on the 2022 citizenship application thread.

mentalmind
Member of Standing
Algeria

Post by mentalmind » Fri May 13, 2022 12:29 am

Yes but they are child of an Irish parent, 2 person gave updates today one in 2021 thread (applied in November 2021) and other from 2022.

Earlier applicants from 2021 still didn’t get acknowledgement letter so I think child of Irish parents has high priority, even higher than EU applicants.

lilipoot
Newly Registered
Turkey

Post by lilipoot » Fri May 13, 2022 4:05 pm

gurnaam21 wrote:
Thu Apr 28, 2022 5:57 pm
I sent applications around 16th feb and no response yet. Now i am about to change my address and I don't have application number to tell them so that they can update address on their system. Any suggestions for this scenario?
Hey gurnaam21. Were you able to change your address? I have the same issue. Applied early October 2021 from Kilkenny and haven't received my application yet. I am also about to move to Dublin for work so I need to let them know about the address change but don't know what's the safest way to do that? Mind sharing your experience please?

gurnaam21
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by gurnaam21 » Fri May 13, 2022 10:52 pm

Hi,i will be changing next month,so i haven't contacted them yet.But i will definitely do post divert to new address just to be on safe side

jesonnn
Mood:
Ireland

Post by jesonnn » Fri May 13, 2022 11:03 pm

gurnaam21 wrote:
Fri May 13, 2022 10:52 pm
Hi,i will be changing next month,so i haven't contacted them yet.But i will definitely do post divert to new address just to be on safe side
Be aware of the fact that mail forwarding doesn't work properly or even could be not working at all as expected

Sweeg
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by Sweeg » Sun May 15, 2022 7:59 am

youngmoon wrote:
Wed Apr 27, 2022 12:37 pm
I hope a lot of us submitted the naturalisation applications with the scorecard approach starting this year. Has anyone got any type of acknowledgment or response from the Citizenship department? I'm wondering if no one got any response back? I cannot see any responses back from them on the timeline thread
Hi guys
As majority of yous are waiting for reply for acknowledgement letter same as me I applied 0ctober since then no response i emailed them here what I got
Dear *****

Thank you for your email. Please note, during this period the focus of Citizenship is on the general processing of applications and in particular those applications 2 years or more in the system. It should be noted that Citizenship Division continued to process applications throughout the Pandemic. New applications will be dealt with as soon as circumstances allow.

Please continue to check our website for further announcements and updates at https://www.irishimmigration.ie/citizen ... ship-news/

Regards

Citizenship Helpdesk
Team 11

Now my whole understanding is looks like they holding new applications and try to cover backlog and they gonna start applications its a total mess they try to smart its not people fault or new applicants fault as someone suggest me start sending letters to minister not the department because nobody in department care .why we need to wait another 2 or 3 years if we keep update us status in whole time.and wait for another 2 ,3 years .is a breach of Eu law .

Sweeg
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by Sweeg » Sun May 15, 2022 9:04 am

jesonnn wrote:
Mon May 09, 2022 9:14 pm
GoWentGone123 wrote:
United Kingdom indefinite in few weeks my cousin got his British citizenship in 8 months and they sent passport at home
I know the question is not directed to me, but Sweden - 2 months between application and decision with passport , New Zealand: 6-12 months between application and decision + passport (confirmed by my mates there)

jesonnn
Mood:
Ireland

Post by jesonnn » Sun May 15, 2022 12:24 pm

Sweeg wrote:
Sun May 15, 2022 7:59 am
youngmoon wrote:
Wed Apr 27, 2022 12:37 pm
I hope a lot of us submitted the naturalisation applications with the scorecard approach starting this year. Has anyone got any type of acknowledgment or response from the Citizenship department? I'm wondering if no one got any response back? I cannot see any responses back from them on the timeline thread

Hi guys
As majority of yous are waiting for reply for acknowledgement letter same as me I applied 0ctober since then no response i emailed them here what I got
Dear *****

Thank you for your email. Please note, during this period the focus of Citizenship is on the general processing of applications and in particular those applications 2 years or more in the system. It should be noted that Citizenship Division continued to process applications throughout the Pandemic. New applications will be dealt with as soon as circumstances allow.

Please continue to check our website for further announcements and updates at https://www.irishimmigration.ie/citizen ... ship-news/

Regards

Citizenship Helpdesk
Team 11

Now my whole understanding is looks like they holding new applications and try to cover backlog and they gonna start applications its a total mess they try to smart its not people fault or new applicants fault as someone suggest me start sending letters to minister not the department because nobody in department care .why we need to wait another 2 or 3 years if we keep update us status in whole time.and wait for another 2 ,3 years .is a breach of Eu law .
I sent email to minister 1.5 months ago, no response, nobody cares

mentalmind
Member of Standing
Algeria

Post by mentalmind » Sun May 15, 2022 11:32 pm

I am planning to send an email to Minister also, not asking about my application status of course as they direct you to ISD for that, but simply asking about how come they plan to make decisions on naturalisation applications in 6 to 9 months as minister tells, when they can't even send acknowledgement letters in 6 months. So I am planning to ask if minister is not being realistic about the expectations or if there is a problem with ISD.

So they will either stay quiet, accept minister is spreading misinformation or there is problem with ISD. There is no explanation of using COVID-19 as excuse as it simply doesn't exist anymore, life is back to normal as government says!

Sweeg
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by Sweeg » Mon May 16, 2022 6:52 am

mentalmind wrote:
Wed Apr 27, 2022 12:41 pm
Let alone 2022 applications, there are plenty of people (including myself) applied after September 2021 and got no acknowledgement. So they didn't even finish the acknowledgement backlog from 2021. Right now I am waiting for 5.5 months to get an acknowledgement.

Only other information from 2021 applications is people applied in Jan-Feb 2021 started to get approvals.

So you have to be more patient (give it like 6 months)

Edit: Just saw an applicant from August 2021, got their e-Vetting results viewed. While there are people from September 2021 got no acknowledgement. So the whole process in places, nothing certain.
No acknowledgement applied since 2 October last year 2021.same generic emails we are dealing backlog of covid 19 .so clearly minister is not gonna achieve 6 to 9 months timeline during 2022

Sweeg
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by Sweeg » Mon May 16, 2022 8:13 am

mentalmind wrote:
Sun May 15, 2022 11:32 pm
I am planning to send an email to Minister also, not asking about my application status of course as they direct you to ISD for that, but simply asking about how come they plan to make decisions on naturalisation applications in 6 to 9 months as minister tells, when they can't even send acknowledgement letters in 6 months. So I am planning to ask if minister is not being realistic about the expectations or if there is a problem with ISD.

Tbh with you sending email to department/minister is a waste of time I would say local TD can raise this issue in parliamentary question but need someone to make a move to bring in proper attention to local TD just specifically telling how many people waiting to get acknowledgement letters who submitted applications during 2021 sep/October .I just don't understand why people still waiting when will be 2 years they take judicial review or pay big money to solictor to get decision on their applications why not start chasing them in beginning when submitted application .
So they will either stay quiet, accept minister is spreading misinformation problem with ISD. There is no explanation of using COVID-19 as excuse as it simply doesn't exist anymore, life is back to normal as government says!

jesonnn
Mood:
Ireland

Post by jesonnn » Mon May 16, 2022 8:23 am

Sweeg wrote:
Mon May 16, 2022 8:13 am
mentalmind wrote:
Sun May 15, 2022 11:32 pm

Tbh with you sending email to department/minister is a waste of time I would say local TD can raise this issue in parliamentary question but need someone to make a move to bring in proper attention to local TD just specifically telling how many people waiting to get acknowledgement letters who submitted applications during 2021 sep/October .I just don't understand why people still waiting when will be 2 years they take judicial review or pay big money to solictor to get decision on their applications why not start chasing them in beginning when submitted application .
So they will either stay quiet, accept minister is spreading misinformation problem with ISD. There is no explanation of using COVID-19 as excuse as it simply doesn't exist anymore, life is back to normal as government says!
I do man, but no response everywhere, I applied Oct 21,no any reference numbers or something, wrote to: minister, TD, tried to come on clinic with TD two times(he didn't come), no feedback/response on any level, or is not possible to move in, we are forgotten...