ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Green card and higher education

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

jino
Newly Registered

Green card and higher education

Post by jino » Fri Jun 05, 2009 8:59 am

I am a green Card holder and has stamp 1. I would like to do masters degree in Ireland as part time.
What should I do if I want to do a course in Ireland? Do I have to leave my job and apply for a student visa or can I join for the course while I work?

Thanks in advance.

tiggs

Post by tiggs » Fri Jun 05, 2009 12:36 pm

No you don't have to leave your job or change your visa status. I did part time masters too while on stamp 4.(Am Non EU myself)
Regards
Tiggs

jino
Newly Registered

Post by jino » Sat Jun 06, 2009 8:23 am

But I hold a stamp 1. Does that make any difference?

tiggs

Post by tiggs » Sat Jun 06, 2009 8:59 am

since the course is part time shouldnt be a problem. When in doubt do contact GNIB. But am pretty sure that part time studies can be done on both stamp 1 / stamp 4.

Regards
Tiggs

kazinirl

Re: Green card and higher education

Post by kazinirl » Sat Jun 06, 2009 9:37 am

jino wrote:I am a green Card holder and has stamp 1. I would like to do masters degree in Ireland as part time.
What should I do if I want to do a course in Ireland? Do I have to leave my job and apply for a student visa or can I join for the course while I work?

Thanks in advance.
Hi,

Once you get a student visa, I believe that you have to give up your Stamp1 , and anyway, you can't get student visa with part-time course.
http://www.inis.gov.ie/en/INIS/Pages/St ... Guidelines
ï½¢A Letter of Acceptance from the college, confirming you have been accepted and enrolled on a course of full-time education, involving a minimum of 15 hours organised daytime tuition each weekï½£

So as everyone says, you can stay on your stamp1 and study as part-time.

Good luck!

jino
Newly Registered

Post by jino » Sat Jun 06, 2009 11:04 am

Thanks for all replys