ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 Dependant Visa Extension & IHS

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

bsbsgott
Newly Registered
Malaysia

Tier 2 Dependant Visa Extension & IHS

Post by bsbsgott » Thu Oct 01, 2020 11:25 am

Hi,

I am planning to apply for Tier 2 Dependant Visa extension now. I understand from some posts that I can apply for the extension anytime, but I just wanted to make sure that it is all right before I submit because I have almost 1 year to go before my visa expires.

The main reason for me to submit the extension now is to pay for the IHS before it increases again. My details below:

- My Tier 2 Dependant Visa Expiry: 1 Sep 2021.
- 5 year in the UK for me on this dependant visa will be: Jan 2023.

With 3-year extension, I am assuming my visa will expiry either Oct 2023 (if the 3 year is calculated from the time I submit) or Oct 2024 (if the 3 year is calculated based on my visa expiry). I will be able to apply for Indefinite Leave as a partner in either one of the expiry dates.

Questions:
1) So, my question is if it’s OK to submit my Tier 2 Dependant Visa extension now although I have almost 1 year before it expires?

2) Is it 3 years of the IHS that I should paying for my extension application?

3) Will I be more likely to get my visa extension through to 2023 or 2024?

Thank you.

Kind regards,
B

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Tier 2 Dependant Visa Extension & IHS

Post by CR001 » Thu Oct 01, 2020 11:59 am

You can apply at any time.

There is a delay in the increase
https://www.freemovement.org.uk/immigra ... ober-2020/

Your extension will be a 3 year visa from the date of approval, not date you submti. It is also not 'tagged onto' your current visa expiry date.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.