ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Applying for Skilled worker visa from India

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Hannah2403
Newly Registered
India

Travelling from India to UK : Separated from Husband

Post by Hannah2403 » Sun Jun 27, 2021 8:34 am

I am a IT professiobal trying to travel UK through my employer with my depensant kid (6 yrs girl). I am separated from my husband since 2016.For the visa application form will i be asked to attach evidence proving my separation.
I recently got my passport renewed where i removed my spouse name.Please advise on this.

Seeking your inputs on the visa application process please.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Travelling from India to UK : Separated from Husband

Post by CR001 » Sun Jun 27, 2021 9:44 am

What visa are you applying for exactly?
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Hannah2403
Newly Registered
India

Post by Hannah2403 » Sun Jun 27, 2021 10:24 am

Skilled worker visa through my employer

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Jun 27, 2021 10:38 am

To be able to bring your children, you will have to prove sole responsibility for them otherwise they are unlikely to get a visa if your husband is also not applying for a visa.

immigration-for-family-members/sole-res ... 13087.html
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Hannah2403
Newly Registered
India

Post by Hannah2403 » Sun Jun 27, 2021 8:10 pm

Thank you for the advise.I confirm that i am the only parent taking care of my kid and her father is not involved in any of her expenses - education/medical.
Moreover as i will be travelling through my employer do i need to bear in mind any checklist /points regarding my kid's travel please.

Thanks.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Jun 27, 2021 10:04 pm

Without evidence of sole responsibility (ie court order etc) , they are unlikely to get a visa, regardless of your employer. It is clearly stated in the immigration rules regarding children.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

Hannah2403
Newly Registered
India

Post by Hannah2403 » Thu Jul 01, 2021 9:17 pm

Thank you for the response on this.

Hannah2403
Newly Registered
India

Applying for Skilled worker visa from India

Post by Hannah2403 » Wed Oct 20, 2021 9:21 pm

I am applying for skilled worker through my employer from India.I am separated from my spouse with no evidence/proof of separation.Also I am applying for self only through my employer.
I would like to know if i mark my status as Separated will I be asked to attach proof for the same as it says in the application form "other than single all other status'es needs evidence"

Please help on this.I will not be including my spouse in future as well in my company visa.

Hannah2403
Newly Registered
India

Re: Applying for Skilled worker visa from India

Post by Hannah2403 » Thu Oct 21, 2021 7:16 am

Hannah2403 wrote:
Wed Oct 20, 2021 9:21 pm
I am applying for skilled worker through my employer from India.I am separated from my spouse with no evidence/proof of separation.Also I am applying for self only through my employer.
I would like to know if i mark my status as Separated will I be asked to attach proof for the same as it says in the application form "other than single all other status'es needs evidence"

Please help on this.I will not be including my spouse in future as well in my company visa.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Oct 21, 2021 7:19 am

No such evidence is required if you have no dependents applying with you.

Also, topics merged.

Please bear in mind that we are all unpaid volunteers on the forum with our own work and family commitments, so bumping your question less than 12 hours since you posted is not necessary. Members will respond if and when they choose to.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

Hannah2403
Newly Registered
India

Post by Hannah2403 » Thu Oct 21, 2021 10:37 am

Thank you for the response on this.

I still have one doubt here.As i will be bringing my kid (with a court order of guardianship declared to me). In which case any evidences required for my application with the status" Separated"

Sorry about reposting the same ..I clicked on quote by mistake & in the interest of not loosing my topic i submitted it again. :(