ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Final Document Check

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

deepblue
Newly Registered

Final Document Check

Post by deepblue » Thu May 08, 2014 9:05 am

I am applying for Naturalisation in 2 weeks. I got ILR after 5 years on WP therefore my naturalisation is based on 5 yr WP + 4 yr ILR.

Does anyone think I am missing anything in the document list given below, especially as I am not attaching any documents for English language requirement other than my UK Masters degree certificate.

1. Passports - current & expired with ILR stamp
2. Photocard license
3. Life in UK test pass certificate taken in 2010 for ILR
4. Masters degree from UMIST in 2004 - [b][color=#8000BF]do i need anything else here i.e. NARIC or PBS print out?[/color][/b]
5. P60 from 2009 till 2014
6. HMRC Statement of Account as I am self-employed and employed in a permanent role as well.

go2khurram
Member of Standing

Re: Final Document Check

Post by go2khurram » Mon May 12, 2014 10:41 am

Do we need ti send P60's and HMRC Statement of Account for Naturalization application?
*please do not take this as professional advice**

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon May 12, 2014 10:43 am

go2khurram wrote:Do we need ti send P60's and HMRC Statement of Account for Naturalization application?
Yes if you are self employed
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

etoklem

Post by etoklem » Mon May 12, 2014 10:51 am

I don't think it is required for employed(I didn't submit any and was approved). For self employed it is a nice to have. For EEA treaty rights route, I think it is mandatory. They have your NI number and tax reference details anyway and they can do all the checks they need - section 3 item 3.5 form AN. They take your approval for checks via one of the declarations.

Section 6 form AN item 6.1
I authorise the HM Revenue & Customs to provide the UK Visas and Immigration with any information relevant to this
application, and with any information needed to check the information I have provided. I understand that any
information provided to the HM Revenue&Customs in connection with this application may be used by them for the
purpose of their statutory functions.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon May 12, 2014 11:07 am

Page 8 of the AN guide
SECTION 3: GOOD CHARACTER
Among the duties and obligations which you are expected to fulfil is payment of income tax
and National Insurance contributions. We may ask H.M. Revenue & Customs for confirmation
that your tax and National Insurance affairs are in order. When you sign the application form
you will be giving your consent for us to approach them.
3.1 – 3.5. If you do not pay income tax through PAYE you must demonstrate that you have
discharged your obligations towards the H.M. Revenue & Customs, by attaching a Self
Assessment Statement of Account
t (see page 16).
Page 16 of the AN guide
SELF-EMPLOYED APPLICANTS
If you do not pay tax through Pay As You Earn (PAYE) arrangements, we require

The most recent HM Revenue & Customs Self Assessment Statement of Account
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

go2khurram
Member of Standing

Post by go2khurram » Mon May 12, 2014 2:38 pm

CR001 wrote:
go2khurram wrote:Do we need ti send P60's and HMRC Statement of Account for Naturalization application?
Yes if you are self employed
What if you both, Full time Employed and Part-time Self Employed .... Is this sufficient to check "An Employee" only in question 3.2 and provide the employer details only in section 3? (for Non EEA national)

Page 16 inrequirement booklet says:

"If you do not pay tax through Pay As You Earn (PAYE) arrangements, we require
• The most recent HM Revenue & Customs Self Assessment Statement of Account "

So if someone pay the tax through Pay As You Earn (PAYE) no matter whether also registered as self-employed then this does not apply ... any thoughts..
*please do not take this as professional advice**